Nothing is free

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Playing off the dave yo guys screwed me j/k thread.

The advice that I give here is for a reason. I may not have all the answers...not even most of the answers but I give them for a reason.

All I expect from you guys is to better yourselves in order to bring up the standard of carpet cleaning etc. in general.

This makes my life better and all who enter.

Yes, you have to work at it but nothing worth getting comes from not working to get it.

I truely like helping people...I base my company on it...to a fault, I think.

But if the industry standards can rise just a little from anything I say...then I am a happy camper.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Brian,

All advise and willingness to help here is greatly appreciated.

As far as your marketing comment I tend to disagree. Some of the best and most effective marketing involves some sort of reciprocation.

What exactly is reciprocity?
Reciprocity operates on a principle with which we are all familiar: someone gives you something or does a favor for you, and you are naturally inclined to pay them back somehow, even if the other person expected nothing in return.

IE free trial, free spotter,free address labels, free pens,free picture of the president,free sample, drive a new car for the weekend etc...

KFC is giving away free chicken this Monday.
I'm sure they must find it beneficial.

Name
Ron lippold
i have to go against the grain on this one. every time I try to give a special or % off or no tax I always loose my ass. I end to believe that people are smarter than that.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
The postcards I send out have my prices on them and people may think they are getting a deal.

Bob Foster

There is a big difference between free and a gift.

Most of the time free is nothing more than gimmick.

However as Terje has shown by giving a gift to some of his customers and many of us on the board over the years, he truly knows a gift given with sincerity and nothing expected in return is far more valuable and meaningful.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
"However as Terje has shown by giving a gift to some of his customers and many of us on the board over the years, he truly knows a gift given with sincerity and nothing expected in return is far more valuable and meaningful."

His "Gift" Terry states is a referral reward.

There was something given in return.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Ron Lippold said:
i have to go against the grain on this one. every time I try to give a special or % off or no tax I always loose my ass. I end to believe that people are smarter than that.

I concur

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
ODIN said:
FREE ROOM...to get other rooms

FREE CARPET AUDIT...to prove myself and get the job

FREE 800 INFO LINE...to win you over

FREE BOOTIES...included in price

FREE SPOTTER...also included in price

what do you mean nothing is free...I think you know what I mean.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Dave Yoakum said:
Brian,

All advise and willingness to help here is greatly appreciated.

As far as your marketing comment I tend to disagree. Some of the best and most effective marketing involves some sort of reciprocation.

What exactly is reciprocity?
Reciprocity operates on a principle with which we are all familiar: someone gives you something or does a favor for you, and you are naturally inclined to pay them back somehow, even if the other person expected nothing in return.

IE free trial, free spotter,free address labels, free pens,free picture of the president,free sample, drive a new car for the weekend etc...

KFC is giving away free chicken this Monday.
I'm sure they must find it beneficial.

When someone "gets something for free" ...they still have to put up with the person giving it, trying to sell to them. That's a price to pay.

If you give a "free room"...you will definetely follow up to try to earn their business...another price for them to pay.

Reciprocity has nothing to do with being free.
The inclination to give in return is the guilt or good conscience to be human...

And that's because you know nothing is for free.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Brian,

Do some checking. Reciprocity is one of the universal laws. Even the bible says "What is given will be given back to you three fold."

It doesn't involve any heavy handed selling in exchange for a gift/discount.

That's not me and goes against the principle.

This principle is used more that you can even imagine.

If it's not for you that's fine.

It works for me and millions of others everyday.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Dave Yoakum said:
Brian,

Do some checking. Reciprocity is one of the universal laws. Even the bible says "What is given will be given back to you three fold."

It doesn't involve any heavy handed selling in exchange for a gift/discount.

That's not me and goes against the principle.

This principle is used more that you can even imagine.

If it's not for you that's fine.

It works for me and millions of others everyday.

Oh, it works for me...just don't tell me that it's what free means.

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
Dave, are you trying to a) justify yourself!! or b) imply that Brian has an ulterior motive?

Either way, I think your comments on this thread suck badly.

Brian, many here appreciate your interest in this room. Even before you became blue. Don't stop. I've said it today elsewhere, and before as well from memory, this room is one of, if not the best forums on this BB.

I think I have a similar interest in my business to you. If I can help people help them selves, I'll do it even at the loss of sales... do I get those people coming back for more work? some yes, but not always, but that is not the primary reason why I give out DIY info to potential clients.

Carry on soldier... John

Besides, 90% of what Dave writes usually promotes his stuff or scratches his own back.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Sometimes the effort is free, with only the "hope" of getting something back.

The law of reciprocity, or from the book Think and Grow Rich, the Law of Compensation, is that you do your work and more, and you will be rewarded for it. The longer it takes for the reward, the greater the reward. At least that's what it says inthe book.

Booties and Spotter aren't free, they are a gift as part of the service.

What tends to be free is when someone calls to get a spot out, and its so small that you don't charge them. Its still the "hope" that they will call you back.

Name
Ron lippold
Dave Y I have never talked to you and I know nothing of your program.But for me you use the word free in you head line and I can tell you it has kept me form lookin into it. I know nothing is free.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Nothing is free?

THINK AGAIN!!

Your monthly new client marketing could be FREE.

Ron L

I didn't intend to post about my marketing system.
But,since you posed the question as to why the word FREE is used in the name of my marketing system.

Here is the answer:

It's really simple. The system will teach how you to develop advertising oportinities for your business.
Advertising that has no cost once it is in place or as I like to refer it to as "FREE."

I could of called it "NO EFFORT MARKETING". Because, once it is in place it also takes very little or NO EFFORT,

I could of also, called "PERPETUAL MARKETING" Because once the system is in place your business will have a PERPETUAL STREAM OF NEW BUSINESS. (For likely NO effort or money.)

Take this month for as an example;
April is seasonally not the best month for carpet cleaning in my area.

But, by having my system in place I received over $3000 in new business.
New business without spending one cent and the only effort was writing up their order.

It works so will that the plan brings in much more than my "former" 1/2 page Yellow Page ad.

Now instead of paying the YPs $900.00 per month. I can perpetually bring in new customers for zero, nada, zip.
NO COSTS and NO EFFORT and customers still call in eager to reserve appoints.

What would you rather do?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Ron Werner said:
Sometimes the effort is free, with only the "hope" of getting something back.

The law of reciprocity, or from the book Think and Grow Rich, the Law of Compensation, is that you do your work and more, and you will be rewarded for it. The longer it takes for the reward, the greater the reward. At least that's what it says inthe book.

Booties and Spotter aren't free, they are a gift as part of the service.

What tends to be free is when someone calls to get a spot out, and its so small that you don't charge them. Its still the "hope" that they will call you back.

I'm reading that book right now...I have read others like it.
It's getting what you want by already thinking that you have it.
If I think I am a millionaire...then I am (or will be) a millionaire.

But you still have to work at it....because nothing is free.
work takes up time...and time is money.

Great book so far.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Saying nothing is free because it takes time. Needs to have further review.

Smart marketing can be like growing a fruit tree.

Here are the steps:

1.Find the right locations where you are sure your fruit will prosper and grow.

2.Take a few moments to plant the seeds.

3. Nurture the planting a little at the start.

4. Then there is nothing else to do but enjoy the fruit.
You'll then have years of FREE fruit!

You don't have to continually buy more fruit.
(Yellow Pages,Direct mail, Val-pak, newspaper etc...)

Because,You have created a way to have FREE fruit from the modest effort you made earlier.

Civilizations have flourished from learning how to grow what sustains them.
The lessons were handed down from generation to generation.

Most businesses have NOT learned how to tap into this way of thinking.

That is why they continue to pay for marketing efforts, month after month forever.

Wouldn't it be a lot easier and more cost effective if you knew how to plant a few seeds and have FREE marketing forever?

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I see that some people find fault as if there is some kind of reward to it.

Sorry there is no reward for that.

But. there can be a lot of reward in helping others to improve their lives and their businesses.

I laid out a simple comparison to show you how to do it. (previous post)

I'm only trying to show others that there is a better alternative to paying monthly for marketing.

As most that have followed the boards for a while know.

I didn't ever intend to sell this marketing plan.

I was going to keep it a secret and use it just for my own business.

But, After telling others that I discovered a way to market that costs no money or no effort .

Many cleaners wanted me to share it with them.

So, that is when I spent 2 years developing an plan that would show them how they could easily do the same for their own bussiness.

I also, think that it is my duty and obligation to help fellow cleaners.

Especially when I see then throwing their hard earned marketing dollars away an a lot off the traditional marketing that often has little pay off and makes them a slave to the Yellow Pages, Mailers, etc...

When they don't have to.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Sounds great Dave
But if you are selling it, then you are selling it.

If you feel an "obligation" then let one guy on this board..Someone we can respect...I pic Able 1...Keith...try it for "Free" and he can tell us what he thinks of it.

You can pick someone else but in order for it to be real to us then it must be our choice ultimately.
We can vote on whomever you chose.

There you go.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Brian Robison said:
Sounds great Dave
But if you are selling it, then you are selling it.

If you feel an "obligation" then let one guy on this board..Someone we can respect...I pic Able 1...Keith...try it for "Free" and he can tell us what he thinks of it.

You can pick someone else but in order for it to be real to us then it must be our choice ultimately.
We can vote on whomever you chose.

There you go.

Huh, he fired right back at all the other posts. Go figure.
Whereyat Dave?

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Brian,

I'm sorry I didn't respond earlier.
But, I have to actually clean carpet. I can't play at this sandbox all day.

The phone was ringing pretty good today. 4 calls by 8:15 this morning. Commercial building called in for Saturday. Plus, bid for the adjacent building.

Anyway, back to my marketing plan. I had a contest here 2 about years ago to build interest and to reward it to a deserving recipient. But, the winner never implemented the plan.

As what happens with most marketing plans. Often times they go into the "this is great stuff, I'll do it when I get around to it pile".

The best marketing plan ever concieved won't do any good unless it is executed.

Failure to implement or FTI. Is very common for carpet cleaners.

They know tons of stuff that will benefit their business . But, they fail to take the action to but it into place.

Make a list of all the things that you know you should be doing to better your business.

But, it's been put onto the back burner.

Make a action plan by listing the steps that it will take to accomplish the tasks.

Post the action plan in a place where you will see in on a regular basis. Bathroom mirror, refrigerator, console of van.

Take action:

Follow your plan.

Take the steps.

Make it happen!!!

Get started right now today instead of wasting your life on this board.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Blah Blah BLah....are you going to do it? :wink: :D

And I know this boards is taking over my life. But I still find time to make things happen.

Dave I will try your marketing program. I will report back and give honest answers. I have no problem with you. I am a growing new business and I take all the phone calls and could easily track and report back. I would implament it and execute the marketing plan as directed.

Let me know if your interested.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Brian,

What the heck do you want?

I'm offering a lifetime of marketing for just 2 payments of $200

Even the DBCCs over here can afford that and execute it for their own business.

It can save them thousands of dollars every year VS most other marketing.

For a very low one time investment.

From my experience if someone gets it for free they will take it for granted and fail to execute the plan.

Kind of like when a welfare recipient receives money from the government.

Sticky,

I already have someone that is suppose to be doing that and reporting how it is going.

They recieved it about a week ago.

I am thinking of starting up a conferance room like club greenhorn to be used for on going free training of the marketing plan.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
free-cat.jpg

no stings attached..............

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Well if someone on here is using it, I would be interested in hearing from them.

I just wanted to "give" you a chance to let someone credible demo it and report back.
Someone with integrity as to not just give your program to everyone else for free and screw you over.

Though I give whatever knowledge I have here for no extra charge, I know you are trying to market your idea and I am not here to try to undermind that.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom