Number 3 Blower.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I have a small Tm the WM Rebel that I haven’t got around to installing yet. It seems to pretty good suck and heat for a small unit. I think the units main limitation will be that it won’t hold the heat with much water flow. Most of my hose runs are 100-150 Ft. With the correct cleaning methodology will this unit be adequate for most jobs? I’m sure It will offer a little slower production rate but I have been getting allot of Apartments lately and most of the residential jobs are only 2-3 rooms. With a 11” or 12” wand that offers good CFM will the #3 blower produce adequate dry times or should I sell the unit and look for something bigger?

Chris A

Name
Chris
Our business was built on a Prochem Legend 18/36, I don't think your production or dry times will be affected as much as you think, and it's a cheap platform to operate. Heat may be an issue if your a heat freak.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
ACE said:
I have a small Tm the WM Rebel that I haven’t got around to installing yet. It seems to pretty good suck and heat for a small unit. I think the units main limitation will be that it won’t hold the heat with much water flow. Most of my hose runs are 100-150 Ft. With the correct cleaning methodology will this unit be adequate for most jobs? I’m sure It will offer a little slower production rate but I have been getting allot of Apartments lately and most of the residential jobs are only 2-3 rooms. With a 11” or 12” wand that offers good CFM will the #3 blower produce adequate dry times or should I sell the unit and look for something bigger?

Spin-it-up.....Run the unit @ a high rpm.... :!: "this will increase the HEAT"

Run "OnLY"..25ft' of 2'.5" hose...set-up the HOSE....directly to the waste tank...!

You NOW have a 3.6 blower at least... :D ...Oh ya..adjust your vac. release valve.. :wink:

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Yea there is allot you could do to Push a small heat exchanger Tm for a little better performance. I used to have a cemtex 14 and would hock up directly to the hot water at restaurants :shock: . I don’t want to send this one to an early grave. There isn’t much point in 2.5” hose because the blower has 2” pluming on both sides.

Chris A

Name
Chris
ACE said:
Yea there is allot you could do to Push a small heat exchanger Tm for a little better performance. I used to have a cemtex 14 and would hock up directly to the hot water at restaurants :shock: . I don’t want to send this one to an early grave. There isn’t much point in 2.5” hose because the blower has 2” pluming on both sides.

Is it a 33 or 36?

R

rotovacguy

Why not save yourself the money of a complete upgrade, and just get yourself a nice inline booster if you want faster dry times?

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Even though you only have 2" plumbing on the machine you would still benefit from using a 50' length of hose. It will help to preserve more of what you start with thus giving you better performance at the wand.

jimn

ACE said:
It's a roots 33.

How about adding a Kunkle valve to the vac part of the system. I know there have been many debates over these but in the real world, It has been my experience that they do indeed help in the long run. If you do this, you may need to look at the drive system and upgrade it slightly to allow for the increased load.

Jay D

Name
Jay D
I have a 33 blower machine right now. I'll tell you what I did.
1) Increase rpms on engine to 3600 rpms. My is direct coupled to a 13 hp engine at it runs fine at that rpm under load.
2) Eliminate your vac relief or Tighten down your vac relief to 15 or 16 Hg. I took off my vac relief valve off completely. You will not get to 15 hg unless you like putting your hand over the vac port completely to crush your tank. Their is enough leakage in the hose system to keep you from getting to the 15hg. Also double check the seal on the waste tank for leaks.
3) A glided 1.5" 12" wand will work best with this system. 400 psi and 6 flow is good for this wand. I tried a 2" wand and it did'nt work as well.

This is what worked on my little backup to make it a good machine for up to 150 or so feet from the truck. Just my point of view. :wink:

hogjowl

Idiot™
Going to a 50 ft. section of 2.5 inch hose on a 33 blower will have no benefit. Only slight benefit is felt on a 36 blower. All you'll notice on the 33 blower is about a gallon of water flowing out of your suction outlet when you turn it off. Same with using a 2 inch wand.

Suggestions such as using a 2 inch wand on a 33 system come from internet cleaners who have never actually used a wand day in, day out, on a 33 blowered system.

Window cleaners ...

Greenie

Not all 33 blower machines were created equal.

For the same reason a 2" hose works better than a 1.5" hose on a dual vac porty, as does a 2" wand, a 2" hose and wand can make a small TM suck better.

Greenie

I don't know what you guys aretalking about, a whip hose and 1.5" wand does not help this phenom.

A glided 12" wand does seem to though. Go figure?

Name
Lee Stockwell
Bane uses a 2" wand with a 33 blower to maximize airflow with minimum amperage load. It works fine.

We ran a 3M, Sutorbilt at almost 4000 rpm for many months. Didn't hurt it either.

Thanks,
Lee

gary mackay

I ran 2 50' sections of 2" to a Y, 2" wand/glide with 8 flow and there was great difference compared to 1 line of 2" & an 1 1/2 wand/glide. I even had a major disability - 120 gal waste tank instead of the 65 gal stock tank. If I had to go to 150 or 200' which was rare I had to use Terry's 75 lb. all stainless steel vacuum booster. Now that booster keeps my van from rolling out of the driveway

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Our cleaning company ran Prochem 200's, 100s, and 150's from 1978 to 1990. All used "#3" vacuum pumps. We managed to have happy customers and repeat business. Its a whole lot better than lugging a portable into a house with all of the associated labor costs.

Of course in the 70's and early 80's we were also boosting our cleaning emulsifier with a pH 12.5 degreaser and dry cleaning 30% of of the furniture we cleaned with 1,1,1, tricholorethane. It didn't make it right; it was just the best we knew how to do at the time.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
HARPER said:
Freind of mine is sellling this unit...

He runs a greenhorn wand..&..25' of 2'5" hose...made a BIG differance.. :wink:

http://www.truckmountdeals.com/consignm ... umber=1041

I think the legend has a number 4 blower.

This is a good little machine but, it is what it is that’s a small machine. 2.5 hose will not help at all because it’s choked down to 2” at 90 angels on both side of the blower. I wasn’t asking how to pimp the thing out. My question is do you really need all that power (high flow, high heat, sucky sucky real hard) for apartment or residential with hose runs of 150’ or less?

Reactions: Braden bell

Jay D

Name
Jay D
NO, if anything just put a slot or hybrid glide on it and go to town. You might just turn up rpm and double check hg if anything.

Greenie

ACE said:
This is a good little machine but, it is what it is, that’s a small machine.

2.5 hose will not help at all because it’s choked down to 2” at 90 angels on both side of the blower. I wasn’t asking how to pimp the thing out. My question is do you really need all that power (high flow, high heat, sucky sucky real hard) for apartment or residential with hose runs of 150’ or less?

Well.....no

Nobody "needs" more, we've been doing fine with it as is for 40 years of modern carpet cleaning. Doesn't mean we wouldn't like a little more.
And just for the record, the 150' of hose run to the wand has a lot more to do with the frictional loss of the entire vacuum system than 3' of blower plumbing, so it is likely that some 2.5" hose would indeed help reduce drag and Preserve avail. lift within the system.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
The Air will move with less velocity through 2.5, however there will be higher velocity ATW because of the reduced resistance between the wand and machine. I do doubt 2.5 would make much difference with a 33, but I’m open minded and may give it a try.

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
FCC said:
and what of the velocity lost @ 175? CFM through a 2.5" hose?

The best info I can find says the air velocity needs to be at least 5000 FPM to convey water properly. In a 2.5" hose, that works out to 170.4 CFM. At 3600 RPM and 12" hg, the 33 blower just clears 170. So it's right on the edge of insufficient velocity. What is the CFM with the wand on the carpet? Probably less than 170 I'd guess.

Ryan

I have a steam action 13/33 I use daily, for me a 1.75 CMP from cobbs seems to be the sweet spot. Has anybody done any testing with a cfm meter and hg guage at the end of the hose to see if 4 to the door works on this size machine? I agree on elimating your vac relief with that small of a blower you don't need it.

Ryan

Jay DeLaughter said:
4 to door = 2.5 " hose, save your money ryan.

4 to the door would have more volume then 2.5" hose.

Two 25' sections of 2" hose have a volume of 3768 Cubic inches.

One 25' section of 2.5" hose has a volume of 2355 Cubic inches.

(someone correct me if my math is off but you get the drift)

I've did several searches on the forums and I can't find where some one has taken a CFM meter and/or HG guage and stuck it on the end of a hose to see the difference. Maybe these test are out there and I can't find them.

Since I already have plenty of 2" hose 4 to the dor will only cost me about $10 bucks in PVC fittings or if I want a stainless "Y" their only $25 shipped.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-2-Y-Pi ... ccessories

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom