• Too much money.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
it is a good machine,
way to many corners have been cut and for the price it just is not worth it.........

I am very happy with mine
But I am not sure what I will be buying next time......

for the money one would expect alot better quality........

I have read alot about the oil and so far I don't think it is a big issue.......

You just have to stay on top of it like everything else.......

G

You need another reason...

A Corvette is a better way to compensate for my teeny tiny penis.

I don't need either!

steve g

Name
steve garrett
I think the # 1 reason is because when you decide to sell the machine, your potential buyer will call up yorkie and he will tell them it was one of the models that had trouble and to stay away from it so he can sell them a new machine, this along with every other reason why the used unit you are trying to sell is a piece of shit. I have now learned of at least 2 people this happened to, in one case the buyer had a check in hand, drove out to pick up the used machine, looked the machine over and made a call, guess what, they where talked out of the machine, the owner of the used machine did sell it to someone else however for thousands less than the deal he already had lined up. This is the truth that noone talks about, however with blueline in the picture its likely you will not go wrong with either machine

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
They don't come down under!!!!!

However, comparing a Genesis 59 SS 2+ years ago at $50k to your less than $20k I'd hate to think what the price tag would be if it did ever get down under.

John

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
All in all its not the money for me. Its the size and where to park it.

Could I build onto my house yes but at about 30k plus I don't think so

It would make me hire a helper for sure

hogjowl

Idiot™
It's the money.

Secondary to that is the sleeze factor associated with the name.

Maybe, with time, Blueline can build up a reputation equal with Butler, but for now, the name Vortex conjures up negative images.

Fred Homan

I am checking into a Steamaction. From what I have found out.....More power, quieter...purrs, a little less in cost mounted in a low profile box truck. I'll be meeting with John Sales of Steamaction on Friday morning.
I'll let you guys know when I get back.

Fred

G

I personally. .think its gonna be a quick fad.
here's why.

I've decided on a new Butler.. Van.. not even the cabforward.
I will get 240 ATW.. they've reeled in any 'fire up' problems with the high heat option.. and its accurate and reliable.. I'm not guessing. i've talked to the folks that have it.

and Greenie and Joe talked me out of it.
Why if I'm not going to be a dual wander.
with a recent 300.00 tweak.. my Butler sucks the carpets off the floor.. (*again.. i'm not a dual wander))

Let alone.. getting a 47 blower.. or the new even bigger one Butler has in the works.. as a premium option.

So i'll have the heat.. match the drytimes.. I do that now.. and match the quality that a great tech in a big truck could get.

Size is a disadvantage.. actually Butlers new 17' long.. bumper to bumper.. will rock the AT and V.. if one knows how to clean. .sleek, smaller, fits into a standard garage..
low profile. powerful vac.. and 10x as quiet.

which brings me to price and noise.
Why would i buy a 90k machine.. that depreciates very very quick.. and in a year.. wont sell for 55k.. and in 2 years.. 35k.. wait n see.

and the noise.. I have heard the nightmares.
my butler.. or any Butler.. is like a mower under mattresses. and with the 2.5'' hose tweak. . even more relaxed.

So you tell me.. and I say this to Blueline.. why pay 80 or 85.. when I can have the power.. of the Butler model.. for 65.. or even yet.. the power in a van for 45 and have it paid for in 5 years.. not a residual of 30k... to not be worth that.

Its gonna be a fad.

And another disadvantage.. Fuel.. it uses more.. (yes.. the diesel will last forever and then some..
but REG87 here is 2.12.. and diesel is 2.84...

So I'll stick with the Butler.. 25 years of history.. Blueline.. and even AT.. are newborns.. infancy..

great units.. but they're gonna have to come way down on pricing.. and that means cheaper parts.. and then at that.. they wont be all they are hyped up to be.

65k.. about what Butler is setting.. will be the standard.

Dual wanding.. who needs that. 2 people? YES.. but ina different capacity.. atleast with my higher end methodology.

I think alot of big truck owners.. feel the same inside..but they have to say what they have/need to say.. to self justify that 1200-1600 dollar per month payment. OUCH..

I appreciate JIm martins honesty above...

my sentiments exactly.. Its NOT NEEDED>

nice rigs.. i love me.. don't get me wrong.

But i'll never look that way again.

I'm rolling here.. and paid for.

Advantage: DOBS

G

To be honest, I love how Aero Tech deals with their customers. Not having the oil is nice too. I could not see ever owning any other machine besides an Aero Tech or a Vortex. I think Steve Dobson is making a big mistake without riding in an Aero Tech or a Vortex.

Many feel these trucks are only a duel wand machine but I feel they are an totally awesome single wanding machine. I had 2 Butlers and those are toys. Sorry Dobs.

Dave

redbird

Maybe all of you know my story already, There is no comparison in customer service with Aero Tech and Vortex. Aero Tech wins hands down

G

Redbird,

I heard you were unpleasable. I guess Jon Don says they can't make you happy. I'm glad it worked out with Aero Tech. I was worried that you were unpleasable and would be badmouthing Aero Tech. They are a great company and the Vortex owners just don't realize the difference.

Dave

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
Rhyde

I failed to mention that my van is not extended. And I would like to open the doors when its parked inside.

Also Shawn is full of himself that would be the #1 reason I wouldn't buy one

Also I met the so called head of Bl at connections seemed to me like he was better than everyone else

My opinion

Fred Homan

Any comments from my earlier post about the Steamaction? Scroll up....
Response appreciated.

G

I owned a steamaction machine in the 90's and would never own one again. It was a pice of junk. Their service was horrible. That was my experience and many others may have had a good experience with them.

Dave

G

Dave Rampage

Blunt, but to the point. That is how I have known him and he will not change. I have great respect for Dave Rampage.

G

One is the Fresh water and waste tanks or just the layout.

The freshwater tank leaks, and this problem was settled pretty poorly. Second is the waste tank is in a PITA location. There is something that can make a win win out of both of them.

Second is the Height of the van body. ALOT more CC's would buy the machine if it would fit in their door at home.. We have this thing here in the Midwest called COLD winters. They should come ALREADY heated in the box. Maybe some insulation for heat-cold and also NOISE factor??? It might help a few notches.

Third is POLITICS. Everyone knows about this. Even this dumb kid from Minnesota can figure it out. That part is the sad thing of all of this. Few guys even sold their machines because of this.

Forth is the JonDon thing. Wait for a few years and see what happens. Just ask Shawn at Steamway about how great it was to have them as a master dist. for some time. Maybe someone else can chime in about the 3M deal that JonDon has going and screwing all of us carpet cleaners with. There are many other things that they have done..but the 3M thing is one that really pisses me off. Ask your local dist. about JonDon.....

5th would be the oil heat system. Pop a line, and what a mess. Even if its olive oil like some tree huggers might use...its still a mess when that day happens.

6th would be more factory shelving and maybe a carpet or liner package.

Hopefully they will be not so ONE off units, and actually be built the same..so Mikeys will be the same as so and so.

Shawn has a good thing with marketing himself and the units...with like wraps and stuff.

The machine is great for production also. That is what is making me look at moving into big trucks. Also is the room in the back so one can carry 90% OF EVERYTHING with..instead of half of it.

Steve Smith

I could fit one, or two, or three in my shop, so that is not an issue.

We don't have any accounts where dual wanding would be needed or advantageous.

Parking the V or AT would be a problem at many of the accounts we service.

I think the big box trucks/mounts might be a fad, or just another example of vast prosperity.

Do you REALLY need one?
Probably not. But you think you might need one, and the manufacturers want to convince you that you DO need one.

G

Chad,

Aero Tech can make the box to any size you order. You can get one that will fit in your garage. Unlike the Vortex, Aero Tech has electric heaters which look nice when they install in the walls for parking at night and they install a heater that works off the antifreeze when you are driving.

The Aero Tech is much more customizable than most people think. They just don't get the word out.

Taf,

I have to say that you were the only supplier in the Chicago area that did what you said and when you serviced truckmounts you guys were great. I loved my prochem I bought from you.

Dave

steve g

Name
steve garrett
holy shit look what comes out of the wood work when vortex is not paying for the advertising on this web site!!!!!!!

CJ, you know who you are I think now is a good time to out your experience

G

SO what was your experiences..other than a shitty wrap over some rivets? And a TM that wouldn't power up?

Chad

Mikey P

Administrator
I'll say it again and ask Vince Feehan who was with me...
The Vegas truck ran just fine.

The only reason I would not buy another Vortex is if they do nothing to deal with the noise.

For the right company it's the only choice.

carl goodson

Well why I wont buy a V, lower heat, less vac, unable to tow trailer with anything in it.
Why I may not buy any Blueline, I am waiting for estimate for two machines than can actually out perform a V.
The AT will be getting even better and sometime soon AT will be announcing some pretty great news.
AT is willing to help, go an extra mile.

G

Did someone mention my name???? :twisted:

For me the main reason not to buy one is I don't really need that much machine.......but I probably will buy a new big rig at some point in the next year or 2.

All it takes is about 5 minutes looking at a brand new one and I'm sold.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom