Number one reason you will NOT buy a Vortex

Number one reason you will NOT buy a Vortex

• Too much money.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Greenie

Carl....where ya been? Got the Scoop on the phantom powermatic but somehow you missed the acquisition of Vortex by BlueLine?

Just ribbin' ya, but you must see my point.

Now I'm wonderin'.....Do you know Steam Way is selling re-badged Power Clean units as their own in the Heat Exchange arena?

While we're at it, How about ProChems new monster unit?
And Power Clean's new Monster?

As you can tell I like to see monster units on the horizon.

Mikey P

Administrator
Mikey P & MicahR

We need reading classes here.
Or maybe glasses.
I have read and reread my post several times and have not found BLUEline, BLUE, Blue, blue or even bl mentioned.
I saw and said "V".

:oops:

Are you related to Jim Martin?

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
A Vortex would be great but because of my extreme cold environment I operate in (below 40 degrees Fahrenheit and sometimes colder with windchill) I just can't keep that size of compartment from freezing up. I am stuck with a Butler with all the mods at this time. I do have a friend about 1 hour away who has a Vortex and he can't operate it in the winter.

Mark Saiger

Walt

Shawn York said:
43% said too much money.

I wonder what would the Vortex price tag would need to be to overcome this objection?

If you could get a base model in the low 80's and totally pimped for 90. It might be my next TM.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Clean sheet of paper. Start over.

Make it more ergonomic. Make MUCH better use of the space (Bethel??)

Put it on a smaller platform, it can still "look big".

more....

Thanks,
Lee

R

R W

Lee Stockwell said:
Clean sheet of paper. Start over.

Make it more ergonomic. Make MUCH better use of the space (Bethel??)

Put it on a smaller platform, it can still "look big".

more....

Thanks,
Lee

Downsize it to fit in a conventional extended diesel van, Ford or Chevy, so it would fit in an 8 foot door garage.

Then add a guard dog like this guy....

Ryan

I could not buy it with out with out all the cool guages. Thats the # 1 reason to buy a v. Theres something about doing a flood job at night and seeing those lit up in the truck.

BRUCE LITTLE

I have two Vortex Cleaning Trucks and they work perfect for our business, we dont have any down time at all with these trucks. I would not think of buying anything else!!!!! You get what you pay. You want NO PROBLEMS buy a V,AT or Judson

Chris A

Name
Chris
Go back to the old style 6008/7000. And make it less than 90 K

Mikey P

Administrator
V think tank at Nashville.

With or with out the at the time manufacture.

We need to take notes and sell them to the highest bidder.

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
OVERKILL! big time overkill! like using bazooka to kill a fly. FEW people on here really have a NEED for soomething THAT powerful! most people probably buy it for ego or napoleonic tendencies

rick imby

Name
Rick
gregcole said:
OVERKILL! big time overkill! like using bazooka to kill a fly. FEW people on here really have a NEED for soomething THAT powerful! most people probably buy it for ego or napoleonic tendencies

Overkill? Napoleonic tendencies---Who you talkin bout?

Dreams of Grandeur? Many people have told you your business model doesn't work.

Ever seen a soccer mom with two kids and a Suburban? Ever seen a 350 horsepower pickup that is 3 years old and not a scratch on the inside of the bed? Ever seen a jacked up $48,000 4wd pickup that has never been off the pavement?

How about a 6,0000 square foot house for a retired couple?

I have a $1,000 office chair?

Greg, How much did you spend on your Wifey's Car?

First off let me explain the difference between a Business Expense and a Personal expense. All interest is deductible on a business expense. (Only on a house for personal) In time you can depreciate the whole purchase amount of your Business equipment purchase. For most of us in the 40% tax rate a $50,000 business item will cost 40% less than a $50,000 personal item.

Let us get down to the difference between a new decked out Vortex and a nice new fully loaded Judson. Is it $30,000?

When you bought your last house did you bat an eye when the Realtor took you to a house that was $50,000 over your request?

Let us say that it is $30,000 more for the Vortex.
It will get more work done--we all agree. The price difference is Tax deductible. So Uncle Sam is pitching in 40% of the difference.

Then we have Equipment Tax Purchase Credits---look into those.

Let us say you keep it ten years and they are both worthless at the end of ten years. It will have cost $3000 per year more. That came off your taxes so it is really less than $2000 per year difference in. The interest will be a lot more though.

In real terms if you are already making a payment on your truck and you are making good money and paying taxes the upgrade lets say you go from 1200 per month to 2000 per month the difference of 700 will cost probably cost you less than $450 out of pocket.

Talk to your accountant to verify this stuff. You don't have an accountant? The best money you can spend is on a good accountant....

How many hours does the owner operator spend in and around his truck? 60 hours a week?

How much nicer is it working in a box truck that does not smell like carpet cleaning?

Does it increase his view of his own accomplishments? Does it overcome customer resistance? Does it kick him in the ass sometimes to get more work? Does it say"This man has HUUUUge Kahunas?" Does it give him the capacity to do work he could not do otherwise? Is this work that only he can do with this unit going to be charged at a premium rate? Does it take him out of competing with the Broke dick coupon guys?

On another note how much does it raise his monthly payment? $400 or $800 a month? Is that just one good job a month?

Does it fit your business model? no but it could. They are an efficient carpet cleaning system. Greg--Do you have enough work to keep a two or three man crew busy in one on just the Big jobs? Does it fit my business model? No I can't get out of my porty in the back of my Chevy HHR mindset....

Dream Big or Go Home....

Rick

Greenie

Very good post Rick!

and just for the record, I would sell a Vortex if i believe it was the right machine for the right guy, no quams about it.

because I know how to unleash it's potential.

$600/mo vs: $1400, you choose your weapon is what i tell guys.

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
rick imby said:
gregcole said:

Overkill? Napoleonic tendencies---Who you talkin bout?

Dreams of Grandeur? Many people have told you your business model doesn't work.

Ever seen a soccer mom with two kids and a Suburban? Ever seen a 350 horsepower pickup that is 3 years old and not a scratch on the inside of the bed? Ever seen a jacked up $48,000 4wd pickup that has never been off the pavement?

How about a 6,0000 square foot house for a retired couple?

I have a $1,000 office chair?

Greg, How much did you spend on your Wifey's Car?

First off let me explain the difference between a Business Expense and a Personal expense. All interest is deductible on a business expense. (Only on a house for personal) In time you can depreciate the whole purchase amount of your Business equipment purchase. For most of us in the 40% tax rate a $50,000 business item will cost 40% less than a $50,000 personal item.

Let us get down to the difference between a new decked out Vortex and a nice new fully loaded Judson. Is it $30,000?

When you bought your last house did you bat an eye when the Realtor took you to a house that was $50,000 over your request?

Let us say that it is $30,000 more for the Vortex.
It will get more work done--we all agree. The price difference is Tax deductible. So Uncle Sam is pitching in 40% of the difference.

Then we have Equipment Tax Purchase Credits---look into those.

Let us say you keep it ten years and they are both worthless at the end of ten years. It will have cost $3000 per year more. That came off your taxes so it is really less than $2000 per year difference in. The interest will be a lot more though.

In real terms if you are already making a payment on your truck and you are making good money and paying taxes the upgrade lets say you go from 1200 per month to 2000 per month the difference of 700 will cost probably cost you less than $450 out of pocket.

Talk to your accountant to verify this stuff. You don't have an accountant? The best money you can spend is on a good accountant....

How many hours does the owner operator spend in and around his truck? 60 hours a week?

How much nicer is it working in a box truck that does not smell like carpet cleaning?

Does it increase his view of his own accomplishments? Does it overcome customer resistance? Does it kick him in the ass sometimes to get more work? Does it say"This man has HUUUUge Kahunas?" Does it give him the capacity to do work he could not do otherwise? Is this work that only he can do with this unit going to be charged at a premium rate? Does it take him out of competing with the Broke dick coupon guys?

On another note how much does it raise his monthly payment? $400 or $800 a month? Is that just one good job a month?

Does it fit your business model? no but it could. They are an efficient carpet cleaning system. Greg--Do you have enough work to keep a two or three man crew busy in one on just the Big jobs? Does it fit my business model? No I can't get out of my porty in the back of my Chevy HHR mindset....

Dream Big or Go Home....

Rick

Feel Better? - And again- it is overkill! Do you need something that big? NO! Does it work great? It damn sure better for the price tag! Most Vortex owners I have met run it less than 30 hours a month!. How much does that figure out to be per operating hour? A note? Who runs notes? Interest? Why pay interest? Buy a good solid unit that will do the job exceptionally well.! $800 a month? - just? only $30k more? $30k sitting in the bank earning 8-12% interest is alot better than depreciating in a truck.Sounds like a equipment salesman if I have ever heard one!
Don't get me wrong- there are people that need something like that. If you are doing commercial- I completely understand. If you are doing residential cut pile- there is no way you will convince me that the average cleaner should bear that additional cost. There are several units out there that perform admirably for a heck of alot less! The survey already says that everyone thinks the Vortex is overpriced! Hmmmmmmm.

A business expense vs a personal expense! OMFG - are you really one of those people that believes that instead of taking a dividend payment of $30k - you should isntead "spend it" because it is a "tax deduction" O&O's should bank their money rapidly! Only buy the essentials and devlop an exit strategy. Invest it wisely and pay cash for units they need. NEVER put the cart before the horse!
I speak with my accountant at least 2x's a week. Money belongs in the bank - not sitting depreciating rapidly inside a monster truck!
Regarding how much I spent on my wifes car: Exactly enough to keep her happy. Happy wife = happy life.... - Paid cash....
Dream Big? Rofl- Great sales Pitch! Still a great unit! - but big time overkill for the average residential carpet cleaner!

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
$30k sitting in the bank earning 8-12% interest is alot better than depreciating in a truck

:shock: Were are you banking? You're not going to get that kind of interest rate at any bank. But I agree it's over kill, If you are doing mainly residential and too much money. I can buy 3 new midsize slide in units and 3 good used vans and I got 3 trucks on the road campared to you're one over kill Votex :mrgreen:

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Mikey P said:
3 vans.
Ok..

and how much are those 3 employees going to cost you?

less than 2 Vs

that's the wrong question anyway
it's how much will they "make"

the V/AT is a niche TM and always will be.
Those that can utilize the capacity, it can make plenty $en$e

..L.T.A.

rick imby

Name
Rick
Finally I got a rise out of Greg.

You obviously did not read the last line---

I cannot get out of the HHR with a porty in the back mindset...

I have borrowed big money before but only to buy commercial real estate.

I keep prodding you Greg and you don't respond.

Rick

N

nwhmbiz

I guess it depends on where you live, my AT will get to where I need it. If you're an apartment cleaner then it's definitely a pita cause of the height of the truck. Besides the truck itself will crank a u-turn a hell of a lot easier than a van.

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
everfresh1 said:
$30k sitting in the bank earning 8-12% interest is alot better than depreciating in a truck

:shock: Were are you banking? You're not going to get that kind of interest rate at any bank. But I agree it's over kill, If you are doing mainly residential and too much money. I can buy 3 new midsize slide in units and 3 good used vans and I got 3 trucks on the road campared to you're one over kill Votex :mrgreen:

Merrill

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom