it's coming........

In Scruz we do the biggest and best, both guest rooms and common areas

This is my only home in NV

1607871999777.png

I might need Darcie to come over and help :clap:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I had one on my always clean program before Covid. I let it go because of Covid.
Overreaction? Possibly.
However, I was not comfortable with sending my boy into that virus percolator.
They are bad places to be here currently. COVID is rampant in them, just out of control. Last my wife knew at the one she works at there were up to 19 with it and 3 deaths.

Reactions: Cleanworks

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
If I had someone in one, I would take them out. But of course my Father-in-Law begged me to take him out 20+ years ago.😢😂 I would inherit everything!!! If I did😂 I did anyway. His Bill getting him off the planet😂

Name
Doug B
I only have one on a maintenance plan for common areas. The others are done upon request. For a few locations we do the rooms. When they allowed us back in after the shutdown, we cleaned a lot of occupied rooms because the residents had been confined to their rooms and were eating in them.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
24" to the door or Vibe?
Both. It depends on how much food falls to the floor in the dining room. This is what I do..... I schedule the jobs for 9pm on Fridays. That way the staff is in a hurry to get out of there. All the old people are asleep. When I pull out the VLM equipment no one is around to aske me "Aren't you going to use the machine mounted in the van?". I just go to work and make it look great.

When Devon comes with me we both vacuum and I put him on the Orbot and myself on the Cimex. Things get done criminally quick.

He isn't at the point yet for dual wanding, so HWE is a lot slower.

Edit: When I first started doing one of my Assisted living homes, I used my Amtex Dragon. It would be 11pm and I would have old people yelling at me to shut my machine off. It was hell. I love VLM and a good Micrfiber pad.

Last edited:

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
They are bad places to be here currently. COVID is rampant in them, just out of control. Last my wife knew at the one she works at there were up to 19 with it and 3 deaths.
My sister works in one in Saskatchewan. They had several deaths. In small towns like that, they are people that they know personally.

Fat Mike

Name
Mike G
Both. It depends on how much food falls to the floor in the dining room. This is what I do..... I schedule the jobs for 9pm on Fridays. That way the staff is in a hurry to get out of there. All the old people are asleep. When I pull out the VLM equipment no one is around to aske me "Aren't you going to use the machine mounted in the van?". I just go to work and make it look great.

When Devon comes with me we both vacuum and I put him on the Orbot and myself on the Cimex. Things get done criminally quick.

He isn't at the point yet for dual wanding, so HWE is a lot slower.

Edit: When I first started doing one of my Assisted living homes, I used my Amtex Dragon. It would be 11pm and I would have old people yelling at me to shut my machine off. It was hell. I love VLM and a good Micrfiber pad.

I did one locally and had some old dude come out at night. Looked at my trinity and he cursed then asked what is that?! You get that at a yard sale? LOL

Fat Mike

Name
Mike G
My wife gets attached to them easily. She has been there part time for two years now. So far only one client was hers that past. However several of her clients have it and she can't care for them now.
That’s tuff. Is she a RN? My sister is and has worked with a lot of elderly that pass. We have a high number of elderly here since they like retiring to our desert after snow birding it for a while

Fat Mike

Name
Mike G
Sometime you just can't win.
Those places can be very depressing and we were working in one of the nicest. I remember one resident was a retired Dr. rarely got visitors had done well in life and at the end just stuck in a home.

our siblings have already decided our parents aren’t going to be stuck in a home. Same with our in-laws. Their culture is big about taking care of sick or elderly parents.

will see what our kids do with us lol 😬

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
That’s tuff. Is she a RN? My sister is and has worked with a lot of elderly that pass. We have a high number of elderly here since they like retiring to our desert after snow birding it for a while
No just CNA. She spent 16 years at Sam's club working in the Pharmacy. She just always wanted to care for people. Cared for her father, her grandmother and my mother in their final years. Now she works at the Walmart pharmacy part time and at the home giving VA showers.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Ours went from 100% occupancy w/ a waiting list, to 80% occupancy at last count. I used to cleaning the commons monthly (encap), and individual rooms on turnover by truckmount via hoses thru the window. One guy outside managing the machine and handing things in as needed. We also had a list of recurring rooms to clean monthly due to accidents and odors.

Now we do bare minimum commons work, with a greatly increased soil load. I've given them lots of chemicals for their onsite people to attempt routine cleaning. I'm suspecting Saiger will be hearing from them...

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Had a family owned old folks home for 15 years. The old man sold out to a large corporate. I did as Damon did, came in at 9 and scampooed for the most part. Hung on for another year but corporate idiot maint men always wanted me to jump thru hoops. When I scampooed while they were there they seemed dazed and confused as they have never seen it before. I would often explain that , would you tell a mechanic what tools to use? With covid coming in they haven't called this year.

I don't miss going in that late and especially out that late in the winter time.

Plugging in a electric heater in the van was a pain. While my van sat outside.

Back
Top Bottom