Oh....and one last thing;

Ron K

Know who you don't want to do business with. This is one of the hardest things for most people especially business owners to come to terms with but, by doing business with the wrong clients you are cheating yourself as your time and talents are being occupied by those clients that can suck the life out of your business.

D Luke

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
I have a handful of customers I would love to fire.

My hang-up is how do I do it without offending them and risking negative press (word of mouth, reviews, whatever).

I've seen guys do it by stringing them along, claiming they're too busy to get them in, acting like equipment is broke, and any other passive agressive approach you can think of. Never seems to end well.

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
When a PIA custy acts up-- we might just say--" I'm sorry Mr. Mrs so n so-- Maybe we just aren't a good fit for each other and you should investigate your other options?"

Some come back with more humility and kindness.

D Luke

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
Mine is less about customer attitude. I've been in customer service long enough to deal with whatever for a couple hours.

I more want to weed out the nasty piss factories, unsupervised kids running wild, etc.

Name
Ross Martin
Hard to be selective when you are still trying to build a customer base.

Have a few that when they call, I don't want to call back. But, as long as their checks clear, I'll do the job.

Reactions: D Luke

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
As business owners there are important relational issues that impact your business. Finding honest, ethical distributors and equipment suppliers who will stand behind their product is number one for me. The customers are the easy part, a lot of times it is easy to charge them enough they leave on their own.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Pastor Jerry is one of my worst customers.. I swore never to work for him again. And then he called...

I scheduled one of his rentals for 1030am waited till 11 then called and he said he could get someone there now at 12-1230 and again waiting.. I billed him 60 extra for all the dicking around and he hasn't paid me yet.

He did call and complain about the price, but I'm away from the phone at most times, but I'm going to call him back tomorrow. I'm going to offer that he comes over and sits in front of my house next sunday at 9am for two hours and I won't charge him for having to sit at his place..

I am generally understanding, but if I had my helper there I would have lost money..

Name
Nate W.
Pastor Jerry is one of my worst customers.. I swore never to work for him again. And then he called...

I scheduled one of his rentals for 1030am waited till 11 then called and he said he could get someone there now at 12-1230 and again waiting.. I billed him 60 extra for all the dicking around and he hasn't paid me yet.

He did call and complain about the price, but I'm away from the phone at most times, but I'm going to call him back tomorrow. I'm going to offer that he comes over and sits in front of my house next sunday at 9am for two hours and I won't charge him for having to sit at his place..

I am generally understanding, but if I had my helper there I would have lost money..

You know you're going to hell for that one, right?!? :clap:

Reactions: Scott S. and Able 1

Ron K

Keith that sucks but I hate to tell you even without your helper you lost money. One today ,canceled on monday, then called today in the morning said and asked if we could still keep the appointment.

Reactions: Able 1

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
i have people booked out till august 20th, people who have been calling have been willing to wait till august. thank god for that. i have a few people and places id like to fire. i just keep raising my prices, they keep paying.

Cleancarpets

Name
John Yancey
i have people booked out till august 20th, people who have been calling have been willing to wait till august. thank god for that. i have a few people and places id like to fire. i just keep raising my prices, they keep paying.

That is the way to do it, just raise the price to make the job worthwhile, or they just don't want you anymore.

Reactions: Scott S.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom