Oh Christ Almighty, not again...

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
No, the Escape is that ETM unit they’ve been selling for years. This new thing is just a bigger version with twice the motors.

Look, if it ends up producing 400 CFM and 200 degree heat from Butler-like HX, I’ll look at it. It’s supposed to be around 15K with the Aurora generator and HX.

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
what is different about it this time?
4 motors (400 CFM and 200” of lift)

Aurora generator powered by the truck. Google those generators... they’re used by our military.

A heat exchanger that looks identical to every other direct drive TM.

Being electric doesn’t seem like their selling point.

Being only 15k total and competing with 570s without any maintenance seems like what they’re selling.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Do you all hear complaints about Mytee extractors? The Escape has been out for years and I don’t really really hear anything negative. They are basically just making an Escape with 4 motors instead of 2.

The Aurora generator looks top-notch (going off internet info) and isn’t built by Mytee. The HX looks to be just like what is found on Butlers and other direct drive units. The HX also isn’t built by Mytee.

I hope it’s a success because truckmounts are ridiculously priced.

Dude...it's got electric vacs and shittons of plastic components
there are no electric vacs comparable to positive displacement blowers

count the beans ..
It's $5000 porty in a $28K van with $5000 in an aftermarket alternator and wiring
and a 200HP van engine that has to run to power and make hot water for a $5000 PLASTIC porty

it's the definition of stoopit when a $12-15K gas TM like a Judstone or TCS will suck that plastic POS into the waste tank

..L.T.A.

FredC

Village Idiot
4 motors (400 CFM and 200” of lift)

Aurora generator powered by the truck. Google those generators... they’re used by our military.

A heat exchanger that looks identical to every other direct drive TM.

Being electric doesn’t seem like their selling point.

Being only 15k total and competing with 570s without any maintenance seems like what they’re selling.
This was out in 2012

Last edited:

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
Dude...it's got electric vacs and shittons of plastic components
there are no electric vacs comparable to positive displacement blowers

count the beans ..
It's $5000 porty in a $28K van with $5000 in an aftermarket alternator and wiring
and a 200HP van engine that has to run to power and make hot water for a $5000 PLASTIC porty

it's the definition of stoopit when a $12-15K gas TM like a Judstone or TCS will suck that plastic POS into the waste tank

..L.T.A.
Have you seen this machine?

By the way, can you finally explain why positive displacement blowers are better? I keep hearing that, but have never heard an intelligent explanation.

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
so now you're back to a porty in a van right?

unless you run a lot of cords

That Logic, is why I"m keeping my money safely in my wallet. :lol:
but environmentalists aren't always logical.
sometimes the urge to do something about global warming can be overwhelming.

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
2nd time this year I've had to run 200ft off my lil 36 blower, which makes it feel like a porty.. until you try the porty

I would like to try the newer Lx vacs or whatever they're called, or hear an unbiased review.. but I'm on the wrong forum 🤔

Reactions: Shorty

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
2nd time this year I've had to run 200ft off my lil 36 blower, which makes it feel like a porty.. until you try the porty

I would like to try the newer Lx vacs or whatever they're called, or hear an unbiased review.. but I'm on the wrong forum 🤔
Me too. I only come here for entertainment now.

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
I've had the 4 vac model model for about 4 years now. i think the newer version uses the bigger 2 vac system.

but Larry is correct-- PD blowers are better.
and Yes-- there were problems right on of the box.
You have the first generation Escape that had 4 of the old, smaller motors.

Then the second generation came out with the LX motors, that were far more powerful the the 4 smaller motors that you have.

This new unit has 4 of the LX (newer) motors.

This new unit is not you unit...

• Wow
Reactions: Papa John

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
By the way, can you finally explain why positive displacement blowers are better?

so easy, even a cop can understand....

electric vacs have blow-by
meaning, if you cap off the vac port, the fan spins but no air moves
PD blowers have virtually no blow-by
cap the vac port and without a vac relief valve it will stall the engine or collapse the waste tank

that blow-by is why most of the numbers touted by porty salesmen are little more than foo-foo fluff

longevity/life expectancy ...
you'll need to replace 10 electric vacs before you'll need to replace a PD blower

if a GAS engine is needed to run a unit, that GAS engine is best used to turn a pump and PD blower .
NOT provide electricty to power a POS plastic porty

it ain't rocket science Pard'er
It's plain ole common sense

..L.T.A.

..L.T.A.

Mikey P

Administrator
For christ sakes even their cool wand handle slips on a 1.5 regardless of how tight you crank on the bolts

and what moron puts the bolt heads on the outside?

Mikey P

Administrator
I'm telling you FDA, I've been around since not a soul here knew of Mytee, the Greenie hyping years and their incredible downfall when the Trex virtually fell apart at a Mikey's Fest, despite BIG public announcements that HydraMaster, Sapphire and Rotovac should stop production of their RE's because the Barney was just that awesome.

It was then I ran Mighty John off MB

Mikey P

Administrator
how about the QC covers that fall off in a strong wind or the Cufflinx version 9.8 that still are pure shit or the pool filters that cave in under 45 blower suction or the Bentley manifolds that still bust off 7 years later or...

Cheap 5th world crap.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom