Oh, he doesn’t bite

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I insist that they put doggy in a safe room away from me before I start.

I have stopped working a few times to again insist they secure the dog.
I will not trip over or walk on their stupid dog.

Had one years ago run off down the street because the door was open

You learn fast and take control of the working environment to reduce risks

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I insist that they put doggy in a safe room away from me before I start.

I have stopped working a few times to again insist they secure the dog.
I will not trip over or walk on their stupid dog.

Had one years ago run off down the street because the door was open

You learn fast and take control of the working environment to reduce risks
I do the same. I don't care if the dog is friendly or not. The dog has to be secured for its own safety I get along with dogs but if they are running down the street and get hit by a car, that's the owners problem.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I do the same. I don't care if the dog is friendly or not. The dog has to be secured for its own safety I get along with dogs but if they are running down the street and get hit by a car, that's the owners problem.
I had a customers dog once, loose in the front yard, run up to my truck just as I opened the door. The corner of the door struck his back causing a wound requiring 6 stitches. Last month I had a customer leave the dog in an empty house that I was to clean. The dog knows me and I have no problem with him. I put him in the bathroom to keep him safe but as I am cleaning a sofa, I look out the front window and here's the dog on the front lawn looking at me. I'm sure he was grinning. The bathroom has a lever type handle and the dog was able to open the door.

• Haha
Reactions: Nomad74

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Now that all the serious stuff is turning to fun, here's one that I posted maybe well over 15 years ago.

Also maybe since then.

It IS a true story.

Dog in the Hose
Several years back when I had a truck mount, I had to go to a friends place & clean his carpets.

So I arrive at Des’s house just as he gets in his Merc; to go to work.

“Don’t worry about the dog, just lock up when you’re finished he say’s” & drives off.

So I start getting ready while the blue heeler lies on the patio watching me.

Vacuuming done, I go to hook up the water supply hose to the tap/faucet & notice that Des’s garden hose is chewed to pieces, “not good” I think to myself.

Anyhow, I get set-up, kick over the trusty old Hydra-Vac truck mount and take the pre-spray into the house to start.

No reaction from the dog, as yet.

Then I take the wand and vac; hose in and start to clean.

This is when the dog jumps into action, barking at the vac; hose as I work my way to the front door.

He’s been yapping & carrying on now for nearly an hour, broken a tooth off into the vac; hose & I have a migraine coming on.

I’m getting a bit cranky by this time, &, as I get closer to the door, my nasty side takes over.

I rip the vac; hose away from the wand and start poking it at the dog while he’s trying to bite it.

Suddenly, I catch him with his mouth closed and the wand goes over his snout, sealing down on it tightly.

Well, this sure upsets him, his eyes are nearly popping out of his head, and he’s back peddling on the wet carpet & going nowhere.

I envisage his teeth flowing down the pipe, so I had to run outside & shut the machine down, race back in & he’s still back peddling up the hallway with the hose attached, I catch him & rip it off his snout..

He makes a bolt for the front door & goes right to the very end of the patio which allows me to finish the job, pack up and get out of there.

Two weeks later, I see Des down at the local and he’s say’s “What did you do to my dog”

How do you mean mate??

“Well, before you came, he was always chewing our garden hose when ever I watered the garden. Now, when I turn the tap on, he bolts & I don’t see him until I’ve finished”

Maybe it was the noise of the truck mount I say sheepishly.

:yoda: :very_drunk:

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
There is a story that made the rounds here a few years ago. I don't know if it's true or not. Apparantly a carpet cleaner left his vac hose loose on the carpet and a curious cat got to close. The hose latched onto the cat and it went berserk, climbing and shredding the curtains and knocking over and breaking things until the guy shut down the TM.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Regular with a Grand Pyrenees
he'd let you in, but not out..had to watch your back or he'd bite

I was walking out to the truck for something, and the sumbich bit me on the hand.
I punched him on top the head ...hard :twisted:

we became buds and he never tried to bite me again

fo-reel

.L.T.A.

Reactions: Cleanworks

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I think Bob unintentionally killed a little yapper that annoyed him when he bop'd it in the hED with the wand

He hid the body behind the sofa .....

..L.T.A.

Reactions: Cleanworks

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
Then there are the ones that want to stay right on your heels the whole time. I do this one every year.

Name
BradFenstermaker
If I hear or see a big dog at a new customer my carry weapon stays on me til I make a introduction.

Most read the pre cleaning prep email and have them confined prior to arrival.

Bottom line is dogs are animals. We dont know what they will do.
I Love dogs but have several on our list that must be secured. Some I call when almost there to remind.

The little bass turds are the worst.

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
Unless you’re a strange carpet cleaner that looks like a burglar. Dang dog lunges out the door as soon as the customer opened it and grabbed ahold of my wanding elbow. Felt like a bear trap closed on my arm. Now I have puncture wounds all the way down to the bone and muscle. Dr. said there was some muscle damage but it would probably heal. The Customer picked up the tab for the ugent care though and they were nice folks. I felt bad for almost passing out on their couch from the pain. Next time I will call and make sure Fido is locked up before I get out of my van. Tomorrow the left hand gets to wand.

View attachment 91419

By the looks of that face, can’t blame the dog.....

Speaking of which, happen to me with a Rottweiler. Pull up thinking nothing of it. Met half way between my van and front door. Long story short, got bit on my thumb. Owners come out saying he does not bite. Yeah right!

Reactions: Jim Williams

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
People just assume everyone likes dogs. They let them jump on people at the door. I don't like them at all. And I learned my lesson years ago about offering my hand to one to pet. No matter how friendly you are they will take a bite out of you. "Oh he didn't mean it!........bad doggy!"

#### THAT! GET THAT DAMN DOG IN ANOTHER ROOM AND CLOSE THE DOOR!

Can't tell you how many times I've kicked a pooch when it wouldn't leave me alone. Think I'll be carrying some pepper spray now : )

If you showed up at my door, I wouldn’t think twice to let my guard dog attack!
0F6E7EFA-94CB-436F-9400-9B90557A23C9.jpeg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom