OK Chemists, is this possible?

Mikey P

Administrator
Acid Dye Blocker in a pre spray that will attach and stay put during the rinsing process?

Would you need high heat to expand the fibers to get the "blockes" to set?

Hi, this message to let you know that effective immediately our new Acid-Dye Blocking prespray/detergent additive, Block-N-Boost, is now available for purchase and a special discount is in place for the remainer of September 2011.

WHAT IS KLEENSHIELD BLOCK-N-BOOST? KleenShield Block-N-Boost is a revolutionary, breakthrough product which when added to a VacAway presprays/detergent enables you to clean and impart acid-dye stain resistance to nylon or wool carpet in one easy step. It will even give the prespray an effective cleaning boost.

HOW EXACTLY DOES IT WORK? It is loaded with advanced acid-dye blockers (colorless dye).

These acid-dye blockers have got a very high affinity for nylon and wool (meaning they’ve got a natural attraction to those fibers). Immediately upon application, the colorless dye begins filling empty or damaged dye sites on each fiber. This revitalizes lost stain resistance brought on by everyday wear or previous cleanings.

WHICH CLEANING METHODS CAN IT BE USED WITH? When given 10 to 15 minutes dwell time, the acid-dye blockers will have already filled the empty or damaged dye sites on each fiber. Using VacAway prespray/detergents having a pH of less than 10 will not remove the acid-dye blockers when you clean. Therefore you can utilize either Hot Water Extraction or one of the low moisture cleaning methods such as pad or bonnet cleaning. With any one of these methods you’ll get great cleaning, faster dry times and revitalization/enhancement of Stain Resistance in nylon carpet.

HOW ABOUT WOOL? On wool it is best to keep the pH of your cleaning solution to 8.5 or less... that usually means using either Encap GREEN or Peroxcellent as your prespray. The pH of Block-N-Boost is about 5.0, so when adding it to Encap GREEN or Peroxcellent the pH will be just fine. However, all dyes in wool aren’t created equal, so as a precaution, each wool carpet should be pretested for color fastness.

NOTE: Normally, wool is highly vulnerable to food and drink stains containing acid-dyes such as Red Dye #40 found in many foods and red children’s drinks. However, wool carpets cleaned properly with KleenShield Block-N-Boost, added to your prespray, will become highly resistant to these dyes and be given the protection they deserve.

WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF THE KLEENSHIELD BLOCK-N-BOOST ONE-STEP PROCESS?

1. It saves you money on chemicals (It costs less than ½ cents per square foot to enhance/restore the stain resistance on lightly soiled nylon carpet).

2. It saves you time and labor costs (Only using one-step, instead of two, means less time on the job and ZERO additional work for you or your employees).

3. It’s more affordable for more of your customers (More affordable means more sales and more money for you).

4. It’s convenient for your customers (There is ZERO additional dry time so your customers can use their carpets much faster than with traditional protection methods).

5. As a BONUS, your prespray will receive a BOOST in cleaning power.

HOW DO I SELL BLOCK-N-BOOST TO MY CUSTOMERS? Click one of the above images and watch the video on that page... It's easy!

To introduce Block-N-Boost, we are making the following special discount available:

$25.00 off any case of Block-N-Boost or $5.00 off any gallon.

We believe you'll find Block-N-Boost to be another great product to help you become more profitable for years to come.

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
How can you impart protector to dye sites when said dye sites are filled with dirt and stains? I know the news snipit says it does this simultaneously but I guess I'm skeptical as to how well it can do both things at the same time.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I did a test on it....Not real world but it seemed to work.

The remnant was not dirty ....so I have to depend on the chemist for that part....but it did resist red coolaid.

Oh, and it DOES boost the prespray's performance. Nice.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Possible . . .

but only with a higher cost structure than possible in our industry.

Lowering pH will lower cleaning ability,

so you would have to add expensive additives to replace,

and then boost cleaning effectiveness.

Larry

rhyde

Name
rhyde
I agree with Larry lowering the pH reduces cleaning performance it probably works fine for not very soiled carpet

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Why can't it be a post spray instead of a prespray. Seems silyl to spray it down and then remove the bulk of it.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
It also says that it makes wool dye stain resistant.

My understanding is that with synthetic fabric (at least nylon) they add an electrical charge to the fiber and an opposite charge to the dye blockers. The negative/positive attractionphysically holds the dye blockers in place. That is why high alkalinity by reducing the electrical charge, causes loss of dye resistance (loss of blockers.)

How does that work with wool?

Assuming the wool's dye sites work differently.
\
Also wool accepts dyes everywhere as opposed to artificially created dye sites on synthetic. So will there be enough dye blockers to physically do the job?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Hoody....I'm not sure...I just buy the vacaway products. !gotcha!

Yoakum, the whole point is to take out a step (from my point of view) but I would imagine you would get a more "complete" coverage of the product doing it this way....Plus it gives a boost to the prespray.

Rhyde, I would rather not clean with High PH anyway...Been there....I believe the Kleenshield will work up to a 10 or 10.5 ph.....so that's not bad at all.

Disclaimer: Remember...You're not hearing this from the horses mouth. I've just used it and like it. These are just my opinions and observations.

Name
Shawn Forsythe
Mike,

It would probably help, but only in concert with a detergent, and a post-spray that also contained the same acid dye blockers. Only then could one be assured of enough of the active element to achieve a meaningful difference. That was the notion behind the now defunct Dupont MasterSeries program.

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
As I recall, the DuPont Masterseries application had to include the dye blocker in either the prespray or the truck mount cleaner (or both) plus the post application the same way as the Teflon is to be applied. Steam Way and others had their chems comply.

For some reason, cleaners didn't really take hold of the opportunity DuPont had made available to them, which evidently led to the demise of the Masterseries program.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Chem hack had an additive to the cleaning solution as well....which was pretty much the prespray.

Gummy...but worked.

AND helped clean....somewhat.

Name
Shawn Forsythe
Loren Egland said:
Steam Way and others had their chems comply.

Yes, there were 7 companies that comprised the sole supply base for the original Masterseries program. Steam Genie (with whom I was associated), was one of them, along with Steam Way. We were supplied with the Dupont acid dye blocker additive that was used in our Masterseries Emulsifier and Prespray products.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom