ok gotta ask... Is it Mikeysboard?

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
I have been doing little SEO lately on our site as Google dropped us a few pages back when the algorithm updates, "HummingBird" and "Panda" dropped us down. We do use social media, but as I started using MikeysBoard a little more and included my signature on here with a little anchor text, like most on here. We have moved up 3 pages on search results and are starting to appear on page 1 on Google Places. We do social media, etc... but not much else.

When I first found this board a year ago, I was going through several different sites and doing some random postings that I didn't care about. Until I really started getting into this board 2 months ago, I didn't realize how helpful, information wise was on here, started reading more posts and found some good discussions!

So my question is.. does this board have an effect on link ranking with the search engines? (I'm not trying to use the board as spam, but it is nice that it allows signature links while your posting real discussions).

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
I tend to believe it does.

Every time you post, adds your name again for da Spiders : )

Chris

Sent from da parking garage of dee detention center

FredC

Village Idiot
It may help.

The large jump you made is more likely due to another algo change though ............or the "hard" results after prior major algo change data was collected

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
What would we need to add in out signature to have an impact, just our URL? Thanks.

The Clean Machine

FredC

Village Idiot
personally I would just add the url............since you(average person interested) probably have a high anchor text usage...........

there is also a secret sauce of sorts in the how and where things are displayed..........for instance ;) >supportive member> *

Reactions: Russ T.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
what a great place this is......however in talking to a lot of the newbes here...
i find a LOT have no idea whatsoever of the history of this board.........

perhaps it's better that way...huh?

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Mikey's Board has always been a grass roots, get in the trenches, learn to clean and learn to be better......

Make a better life for you and your family (employees)

If I forget my history and roots....I have lost myself.

One way or another, life can find a way to remind you about your roots (some good, some bad) :)

I also want my family to remember our history, know our history and teach others in our family never to forget.....you have to work and earn a place in life.

I also always taught my band students to remember where we came from .....and were we come from (Little small town in Northern MN out working hard and making a name for ourselves).

Be proud of what you have WORKED for!

Reactions: Russ T.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
I don't want ANYBODY seeing what I post here....... ESPECIALLY customers and potentials. This is the locker room, not the field.

Reactions: rwcarpet

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom