Old fashion residential door-to-door sales vs res cold calls

mykenzy00

Im getting back into the carpet cleaning bussiness again after 10 years. A lot has changed with telemarketing laws making it harder to make these kind of calls, and this was how I got all my new clients. My question to the board is... Are their any of you great carpet cleaning marketers using old fashion residential door-to-door selling (I mean knocking on the door, not door hangers) or still cold calling residential homes. The question is not if you like these methods or not, but if you are actively working them and if you can give me some advice with getting started.

Thanks everyone,
Bryan

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Re: Old fashion residential door-to-door sales vs res cold c

i used to but it isn't necessary anymore. it works great to concentrate your work. some of the large companies use it. chem-lawn, direct tv , AT&T u-verse they use young good looking kids. they are getting away from telemarketing.

gene

Fred H

I bought my business 25 years ago from a Jehovas Witness. Nuff said? I still have a few of the clients he got knockin on doors, the ones that are still alive that is.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum

Carpet cleaning often is event driven.(having party, relative coming, home selling, dog dies, baby born....)

That is why flyers, door to door knocking or even direct mail takes a lot of homes to find the ones that have that special event at the same time.

Use it to build name recognition for future jobs, instead of instant jobs. Give them a magnet that they can see on the fridge.

It also takes repetition. Hit the same areas several times a year. So, they get used to you.

A more effortless way to door knock is through webpacement and social media.

For instance have your clients brag about your company to their Facebook friends.

Since it is from their friend they will be far more receptive than a cold invitation to use your service from you.

A Facebook reccomendation like this could be worth more than knocking on a thousand doors.

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio

I used to do a lot of telemarketing too.

Had a nifty little machine I found advertised in the back of Popular Mechanics magazine. you record a message on it and it would dial all 10k phone numbers in the prefix.

Hired a local radio station to do me up a nice little speil and shizzammm! After being at the lake all day i would come home to 6 new jobs waiting for me on the machine. I could only run it 4 or 5 days at a time cuz i couldn't keep up with the volume...

Those were the good ol' days!

nowadays? i give up...

There's a guy here who claims he made $178k his first year by placing ads on Craigslist. I think he's full of bologne!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom