old RX-20,,,,

Jay_wat

Supportive Member
Name
Jay Watson
have an old RX,,slow speed,,, the star plate hasnt been off of it since,,um, for 7 years? i used to use it regularly back then,, just got the glides for it,,, just cant get the star plate to spin off,,, if i recall,, you spin it counter clock wise?? how have you gotten an old star plate off?? w/o damage to the unit! Lol

thanks!

Jay

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
wd -40 and a wooden mallet , quick hard whop. not sure which direction but reverse makes sense,

gene

Bob Foster

rxm.jpg

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
I took mine off this summer after about 15 years of non-use. It was stuck like a duck. I couldn't budge it (of course my one hand was injured so I didn't have all my strength). But with another guy helping me we were finally able to turn it with all our effort combined.Turn it off clockwise. Don't bash it with a hammer, you could break it. Get two guys to help you and grab each of the five vac ports and yank like hell.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Jay_wat said:
with the teflon gliders on,,, is use of extensions for the jets necessary??

I don't have extentions on my jets, and it still works perfectly with the glides. I've been through a couple sets of glides already. Be very carefull cleaning around "solid" objects. I have broke a glide by hitting unmovable objects in the carpet!

Jay_wat

Supportive Member
Name
Jay Watson
rwcarpet said:
Jay_wat said:
with the teflon gliders on,,, is use of extensions for the jets necessary??

I don't have extentions on my jets, and it still works perfectly with the glides. I've been through a couple sets of glides already. Be very carefull cleaning around "solid" objects. I have broke a glide by hitting unmovable objects in the carpet!

thanks for the info Robert!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom