online cleaning auction

Tom Servo

Has anyone ever participated in an online auction for your services. Your bids go down instead of up and whoever has the lowest bid gets the contract. Just was wondering what to expect.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
What kind of work are you bidding on Commercial? Goverment? All the Commercial work I have bid on has been sealed bidding.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Ron Werner said:
so whoever gets the lowest bid, loses?

I've seen your cleaning. I've surfed your website.

Don't even try to understand it Ron. It's written in a language you don't speak. 8)

Tom Servo

ACE said:
What kind of work are you bidding on Commercial? Goverment? All the Commercial work I have bid on has been sealed bidding.

This is for a large resturant chain I will probably be bidding on 15 or 16 different locations. I already do one store and was asked to participate in this auction. And after reading through the material lowest price does not necessarly get the contract which is three years.

Some intersting cleaning instuctions also:

The cleaning method to be used is Hot Water Extraction System. Do not use Rotary Brush Shampoo or Bonnet/Absorbent Pad (“Spin Bonnet”) Methods. These machines damage the carpet.

1. Detailed Process:
a. Move all tables and chairs – Do not stack chairs or put on booth bases. Must be moved to Lobby
b. Ensure a thorough vacuuming before the detergent is applied.
c. Pre-spot area as needed
d. Apply the detergent solution to the carpet. This will soften the soiling and hold it in suspension. The pH of this solution should not be above 8.5 and the detergent used should be a low residue formulation.
e. Agitate the carpet and solution with a groomer or pile brush. This will help loosen debris and tangled/crushed fibers. This is especially needed in the high traffic areas of the restaurant. Again, DO NOT use powered rotary brush machines.
f. Extract solution using hot water. The water should not be over 200 degrees F and the pressure should be over 300 psi. If a rinsing agent is used it should have a pH of 7.0 and under. This should be done in two passes at right angles to each other.
g. In the even that a detergent residue has built-up, hot-water extraction cleaning with just water (no detergent) will be helpful. A small percentage (approx. 2%) of mild acid, such as white vinegar, may be helpful in breaking down the alkaline detergent. To help prevent detergent residue build-up, a plain water cleaning as described above should be performed in lieu of a detergent cleaning every 3rd or 4th cleaning.
h. Carpet should be dried by use of fans or air movers
i. Return all tables and chairs to appropriate rooms and locations

G

Do you have to be invited to the online bidding, or is there a link to all these online bids? I wouldn't mind bidding on HWE commercial work.

TimP

All I can say about the requirements is they can go shove it.

No way in the world I'd clean a restaurant with those steps. The person who wrote those steps thinks he/she is a know it all.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Ron Werner said:
Thanks. I'll take that as a compliment :wink:
Took me a loooong time to forget that language.

That's the way it was intended.

I have been cleaning the restaurant that is being bid on for the past two years. Only select companies can bid on the work. Basically, you have to be invited to participate. They asked questions like what chemicals you use and the ph, what type of equipment you use, how you dry the carpet, and other stuff. They only want bids from qualified companies. The bidding company explained to me that restaurants that have been using the same company for years with no problems will continue with their service. However there are like 500 plus locations, and this method will help them with costs. And no they are not looking for the cheapest service possible. The restaurant chain used to have three restuarants in my area. They closed two locations so now there is only one. A company called Trading Partners is taking care of the auction. Like I said, "this restaurant is popular in the midwest, but not so much where I am located.

To answer your question, yes the carpet is wool and I have always used ultrapac or similar prespray and all fiber rinse. The carpet is never dirty when I clean it. Before the other locations closed down, I used Powerburst knowing the ph was high because the carpet was actually greasy and I never had a problem. I probably cleaned these locations 30 times. Oh yea, also used the hottest water I could (250). Honestly, you could probably use any modern pre-spray on this carpet and it would not damage the carpet. Wool rugs are another matter altogether. And all of those steps listed above are ridiculous. Everytime I clean the managers are rushing me to get through so it is spray, suck, and see ya later. Me and one helper cleaned the entire restaurant, stacked and downstacked the chairs, and moved all the tables and did about as good a job as I could do with the managers pushing me out the door in 40 minutes. That is prespraying and extracting. Always dry in 2-4 hours. The guy cleaning before me left the carpet really wet. I have never had that problem even cleaning at that fast pace, but I also know how to clean and maintain my equipment. By the way the restaurant is pretty small about 500-600 sq. ft. of carpet.

I honestly hate cleaning restaurants. I clean a few but they pay good money and they pay cash. This is the only corporate restaurant account I handle. They pay on time and it is easy money, but why bother with these with so many nice homes around. I have an easy tile job in the morning. Clean and seal 485 square feet of tile at a dollar a foot with nothing to move. The tile really even isn't that dirty.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom