OP truths.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikey P

Administrator
Pads used for OPing dont launder up as well as those used with a 175.

I guess OP's really do pull out a lot more soil cause I've got some seriously stained cotton pads now.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Throw the cotton away and stick with the Tuways. You can't use the method on residential anyway, unless you are content with substandard results, so you're only going to be using the machine on commercial.

On commercial, the Tuway's do great.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Hey mike...do you wash them wit yor boxer shorts.......that might explain why yor always so grumpy.....the itch!

Dolly

Today used my Brute OP machine, only used 8 gallons of water
half gal of Pad Pro and I cleaned 750 sq ft of Oriental rugs and 4 floors of
corridors I have been cleaning with my Porty. There is 10,000 sq ft in each corridor.

I started at 6:00 this morn and I was done at 11:30.

Carpets looked every bit as clean as when I HWE. That job usually has taken me all of 4 days.

I used 45 pads . They are dirty as Mike has described. They will never look new again, but then they will be clean.

I cannot get over how great it is to make the same money and
get the same results for a lot less time involved to get it done.

I cleaned the areas around tables set up in a 6000 sq ft ball room and
I got up all the spills. It took all of 1 1/2 hours to do.

Amazing. Tomorrow I have a dining room to do. 4000 sq ft.
I'm going to try and do it with the op machine first, but I am not
sure the out come will be as I have always achieved. Lot's of grease build up even though I clean it every 3 month's.

I still may have to use my porty and super max. I am going to use
the Judson juice for the first time on that one. Usually I have used
the P.I.G. Stinky stuff and way too expensive.

Let you all know if the OP machine does it or If I had to to the cleaning
the usual way.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Dolly said:
Today used my Brute OP machine, only used 8 gallons of water
half gal of Pad Pro and I cleaned 750 sq ft of Oriental rugs and 4 floors of
corridors I have been cleaning with my Porty. There is 10,000 sq ft in each corridor.

I started at 6:00 this morn and I was done at 11:30.

Carpets looked every bit as clean as when I HWE. That job usually has taken me all of 4 days.

I used 45 pads . They are dirty as Mike has described. They will never look new again, but then they will be clean.

help me out with the math.

you cleaned 40,750sf in 5 1/2 hours????
appx 8000sf per hour production
By yourself with one machine????

and it used to take you 4 days with a porty?

no wonder you're tickled

curious though, you're stretching a pad appx 1000sf.
Why not just scrub'n run with VCT type pads?
cause you sure ain't pickin' up much soil @1000sf per pad

..L.T.A.

Pmatte

Name
Patrick Matte
Pads will start to look a little soiled but what I've done is to let the wash machine fill up with pads and detergent,stop the machine and let them soak for around 15 minutes. Once done will put them in the dryer on a low temp verses high. You could add a little powdered oxidizer.
Patrick

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
8.5 gallons of solution for 40,000 sq ft?
Either you left off a zero or you are full of it. There is no way. Even Xerion would need more than that. I could see 80 gallons but not 8.

GRHeacock

I don't know John G's recommendations for dirty pads, but my procedure was- as soon as a given pad was dirty, I put it in a 5 gallon bucket with detergent in it, and let soak, not to dry out, then before laundering, I poured the 5 gallon bucket with the pads in it into the laundry sink, let the dirty water run out, put the plug in, and filled the sink with hot water, let soak for some 10 minute to a couple hours while I did something else, then laundered with BOK's Regular Laundry Powder with Oxy Bleach.

That was more effective than just laundering them, and I think extended their usefulness considerably.

Then when clean, no dryer, I hung them on a line to dry. I think the dryer shortens their life some.

Gary

Rex Tyus

I guess OP's really do pull out a lot more soil cause I've got some seriously stained cotton pads now.

Or the additional heat from the increased friction has possibly set the stain in your rags. :shock:

Mikey P

Administrator
I don't know John G's recommendations for dirty pads, but my procedure was- as soon as a given pad was dirty, I put it in a 5 gallon bucket with detergent in it, and let soak, not to dry out, then before laundering, I poured the 5 gallon bucket with the pads in it into the laundry sink, let the dirty water run out, put the plug in, and filled the sink with hot water, let soak for some 10 minute to a couple hours while I did something else, then laundered with BOK's Regular Laundry Powder with Oxy Bleach.

That was more effective than just laundering them, and I think extended their usefulness considerably.

Then when clean, no dryer, I hung them on a line to dry. I think the dryer shortens their life some.

Good lord, I need a maid.

GRHeacock

There is truth in what Rex said.

When I started with the OP system, I tried various amounts of liquid applied to the carpet, and pads, damp, sopping wet or dry.

I found the drier the carpet, and the drier the pads were, the hotter they got from friction, and some had the dirt like baked into the cotton, and no amount of cleaning effort- even straight bleach would not restore them.

The object apparently is- pads fairly damp, to pretty wet, carpet fairly damp, that gives the best cleaning, and the easiest cleaning of the pads.

Mike- get a maid. I am sure you will like it.

Gary

John G

Throw the cotton away and stick with the Tuways.

Good grief Porky do you do ALL sub standard work?
Funny to see a guy talk so much and know so little after such a long time!

Mikey, Gary is right, keep enough water in the pads, I use a few more pads then most, but also find them much easier to clean if I don't burn the dirt in.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Spray the pad with your multisprayer and then spray an area of the carpet
,about 100 sq ft.

Take the pads home and throw them in the slop sink , fill it with hot water and let soak over night.

Drain the water and fill up with plain water and slosh around then drain and throw them in the washer.Use just alittle detergent and wash.

Take out and hang somewhere and let air dry.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Brian Luddy said:
I hose mine down in the driveway before I do any cleaning of the pads.

I often do that too, Brian.
i use the pressure washer though.
Set over plastic milk crates and you can blow thru them

..L.T.A.

hogjowl

Idiot™
PadPrick:

Your beef is not with me. It's with your ex-business associate Steve Smith.

I can't help it if he has more credibility on the boards than you.

I guess it's because he's not trying to make a buck on the boards, huh?

Mikey P

Administrator
SO do you carry two 5 gal buckets around then?

One for pre soaking and one for post soaking?

Do you keep a lid on the so they don't slosh around water?

hogjowl

Idiot™
Mike:

These questions of yours are logical, but were being asked years ago on ICS. If you REALLY want to know how a OP cleaner uses it for daily production work, then I'd suggest you ask Steve Smith with VacAway, who is the ONLY FREAKIN OP cleaner around who is successfully running a multi-truck cleaning firm with vlm only and not a one horse OP'er who can't retire off his one horse business and is trying his best to hood-wink unsuspecting bulletin board participants into financing his looming retirement with bulletin board sales of equipment he buys from Clark, and a limited line of chemicals that can be bought elsewhere, and from a supplier with more options in his chemical arsenal.

Would you ask Joe Polish how to run a successful CC business, or Steve Toburen?

Rex Tyus

It's with your ex-business associate Steve Smith.

That is a new one to me (not that I follow padder drama). Who is making John G's Juice now?

SO do you carry two 5 gal buckets around then?

One for pre soaking and one for post soaking?

Do you keep a lid on the so they don't slosh around water?

Seems like it would be easier to scrub it good with a colored pad of your choice and extract it. Damn all that buckets and presoak and post soak and launder... lets not forget to line dry :roll: . Damn. Where is the labor savings again?

R

R W

I'm with Larry on this one. Somewhere there was a zero left off or added on? Those are impossible numbers, even if you had 2 or 3 machines going. Just the flipping of the pads and prespraying, plus moving the buckets around would use up at least an hour or more.

Something doesn't add up. Even if the carpets weren't dirty, and you weren't overlapping strokes, those are still impossible numbers.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
the martin and jg show should be thrown to the curb - let them battle it out via email - it's personal between the 2 kids, we don't care.

and i think these questions were answered 4-7 years ago on the now defunct VLM forum.

SEARCH ICS forum i reckon is just as easy.

thanx --- Derek.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Shall we discuss a certain snake oil salesman and his pack of LAP DOGS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom