Open area cleaning and wanding

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
For large commercial areas, what production rate do you guys get SINGLE WANDING? 700 sq ft per hour, 1000?

I know this could vary based on soil level, spots ect. So lets go with a light-moderate soiled carpet few spots but nothing a general prespray can't take out.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Light/moderate soil, wide open, two man crew ,vac included.. ..750 to 1200 sf depending on layout

900 is good average to maintain on large jobs.
You might start out fast...;.1200/1500 sf. ...but things slow down when you're in the middle of the grind
Speaking ofl GRIND..not talking about cimex or shake n shine
Talking TM done right

LTA

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
When I was young (Godzilla was just a baby lizard then) I could easily clean 1,200-1,500 sq/ft for 3-4 hours at a time if it was wide open space. Now that I'm an old sloth, 600-800 sq/ft. But the old guy got smarter and uses powerheads or encap's to kick that production back up there.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
prescrub and clean 2,000 an hr. I do a school district in Massachusetts and libraries are a bitch but 6,000 ft in 3 hrs isn't unusual. Dpoing entry ways tomorrow5200 sq and have schedluled for 3.5 hrs. That is they vac. I spray and scrub with rotary and clean

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Chavez will do 36k in a hour w/ his 6 cimexes :)

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I bet, have you been able to use every single one of your OP's and Cimexes on a job? That would probably equate to 30-40k sqft/hour give or take.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
I can comfortably do 1500 sq ft. per hr.of extraction cleaning of nasty party Room carpet with a 2 man crew. The ONLY thing that needs separate treatment are color stains. Not hwe

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Yes but it wasn't as productive per sq/ft as you might think, each guy averaged just under 1,000 sq/ft an hour so we were closer to 8,000 sq/ft than 30,000 sq/ft.

In the right setting, wide open areas and moderate soil you might be able to double that...maybe.

More than that and you're pushing it to the extreme, I've done 3,000sq/ft in a mall and it looked good but it wasn't very soiled.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Two person team, one with wand the other vacuum and prespray, we would average 1200 sq. ft. per hour on large jobs. As Richard says, probably more production in the first few hours and slower later in the day.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Two person team, one with wand the other vacuum and prespray, we would average 1200 sq. ft. per hour on large jobs. As Richard says, probably more production in the first few hours and slower later in the day.
The equipment i use does the work and is not physically demanding at all. The only problem i may experience sometimes is falling asleep after many hrs.As long as i am able to walk slowly and steer the self propelled machine the production is not effected.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Of course I was a kid back when I could clean like that. Young, dumb and full of........energy. :p

scan0001-4.jpg

This was what a Vapor vac looked like, no it's not a Cappuccino machine!

VaporVac.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jamesh921

Name
James
1244 sq. ft. with a 2 man crew. Sharing the wanding (switching off every 45 minuntes to an hour) reduces fatigue and keeps production up.
This was calculated in a retirement home with 8' wide hallways and large open common areas (7464 total sq. ft.) - no prevac (in-house staff vacuumed before we arrived), no scrubbing or raking - just squirt and suck with Cobb's Powermax. One pass cleaning - no dry strokes.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Dude that's a pile lifter. We used to pile lift, vacuum the edges with a tank vacuum, then HWE the edge with the edger, 175 the open areas finally extract with the drag wand. All for the low low price of .10 sq/ft.:errf:

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
the prescrub took a long time because of all the stains w it being a high school.

steve_64

it depends on if im being watched by the customer. :eekk: and how hard they low ball me.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Us?

Martie, the way you clean with the Cimex is you lay down a light layer of solution feathering the trigger to see enough foam to know where you are. You walk the desired length you choose, when you get to the end, you turn around and come back. You come back without triggering the solution, scrubbing only.

Slower in the traffic areas, faster in the less soiled areas, it's a two pass process, solution down scrub back.

IMG_0856.jpg

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Us?

Martie, the way you clean with the Cimex is you lay down a light layer of solution feathering the trigger to see enough foam to know where you are. You walk the desired length you choose, when you get to the end, you turn around and come back. You come back without triggering the solution, scrubbing only.

Slower in the traffic areas, faster in the less soiled areas, it's a two pass process, solution down scrub back.

IMG_0856.jpg
Ya i do the same.When i do open areas i like to lay down at least 2 wet passes then just keep looping around just like a farmer does when cultivating a field.

carpetcleaner

Name
Rob Litwin
The part that kills my time when HWE is setting up. It seems to take so long to set up on the larger commercial jobs. Working solo, it takes some time lay out 300ft of hose.

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
I just did a 7000 square foot gym solo with a pretreat/prescrub with the cimex and then a rinse with the Hoss in 7 hours so a thousand sf is pretty standard. If I run a 2 man crew Im probably half again as fast because I can run nonstop with the rotary.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
We cleaned 1 large room at a community center with the zipper that was nasty. The last time we used dual wands and did it in a little over 3 hrs. This time we used the zipper and it took almost 5 . We were short of man power so we didn't dual it. The zipper definitely cleaned it better and left it drier. Tuck also committed how much easier it was compared to the wand. We were at 1100-1200 hr using a 50 % overlap on the cleaning.

Gene

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom