opinion please

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
There is a Boxxer 421 with 4000 hours on it for sale at our local shop. It has been totally gone through. It has a new pump. Preheater cleaned, chem pump rebuilt, everything is working good. The mechanic is reputable. He is asking $7500.
My question....Deal or no deal?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
i think it's too high for a 4000 hour Boxer
gonna need a motor 'fore too long

does the Boxer have an aluminum waste tank?
if so, maybe a waste tank repair coming soon too

..L.T.A.

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
The tank is in good shape. It has an APO. I am replacing my boxer with it. So I would have mine for parts. I think it is just a little high priced, but it could be worth it.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Way to high for a 4000 hour machine. You have maybe and I mean maybe another 1000 hours but I'm going to say 5 maybe six if that many. The boxer just doesn't get the same hours on the engines because they run them to high with to much back pressure. I'm sure there is machines out the that have more but 4500-4600 hours is the most I've seen on a 421 before it needed and engine.
P.S. I'd list that machine for $4500 and sell it to the first person that gave me $4000 or I'd put the new engine in and sell it for $7995

Last edited:
Reactions: Mikey P

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan

I think that pretty much sums it up. Now at least you know where you should stand.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom