Opinions on the CarpetMax bonnet/ encap machine

G

Looking for your opinions on the traction driven two headed CarpetMax. Does this look like a machine that would benefit your commercial low moisture carpet care program?What was your initial response when you saw one?

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
I thought it looked suspiciously like an auto scrubber.... It probably wouldn't be bad for open areas & hallways but as a stand alone.... Not so much. You might be better off with an OP machine or Cimex.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I have the video of it and it does look interesting but......
Think about how would it fit into an elevator...go up stairs...deal with carpet that is not clean in the first place like in the video.

And how would you transport it?

Will it fit thru doors?

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
agree with Jim and Jerm...think about EVERY situation before you buy...better if you could try it 1st hand.

do a Search over on Encap forum, someone posted there that they gave it a test-drive.

whatever ya do, if you do buy it and don't like it, don't complain that you shouldn't have listened to the forum hype about it. the decision rests on your shoulders alone.

bad buying decisions are a learning process. sometimes they might run you out of business, usually not. either way they are our own fault (or blessing).

thanx --- Derek.

G

The Carpet Max will fit through a standard door opening and in elevators. Stairs are out of the question. East to move around in a van with a ramp or a trailer will a ramp door. Will clean as well as any other rotary type machine, just much faster. Plus it travels forward motion so the edges are completely cleaned, no misses like with a swing machine.

Fon Johnson

I think he is the manufacturer according to his profile. A little honesty goes a long way. At least he did not come here as a "poser".

I would like to try one too, one day.

G

I invented and build the machines, thanks for the positive comment about being honest. I have also been a carpet cleaner since 1985. Look forward to hearing what people really think, good or bad.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
"I invented and build the machines, thanks for the positive comment about being honest."

Honesty goes a long away with most of us, John.
Best to be upfront right from the get go.
You'll get more respect and it's appreciated

and if you let Danny test drive the ride on bonnet bike, made sure there's LOTS of air in the tires.

Put some little plastic tassels on the handle bars for him too.
and a little thumb operated bell on one side and squeeze bulb horn on the other.

Oh, one more thing, put a playing card in the spokes.
It'll be almost a sure sale then....

...L.T.A.

G

Price for the machine includes everything you need out of the box including batteries and charger, pad holders, a 12 foot quick fill hose, and I usually throw in some extras. In Dec I am running a special worth $1400.
Including discount, shipping up to $400 and supplies. Need or want more info feel free to contact me. Thanks

Greenie

Welcome John!

John is one of our customers, and one of the few to sling an 18" glided Butler wand, he helped us get the 18" dialed in.

That is a pretty cool machine he makes. First thing I thought, hey this needs to be 300 rpm. So the million dollar question, any 300s in the future John?

G

Hello, thanks for the kind words. Haven't looked into it to be honest. Current r.p.m. is 200. and seems to fit our application nicely. Most bonnet/scrubbing machines are 175. Why do you think 300 would be better?

By the way I used your Green Glides with my 18" wand on a filthy apartment several days ago. I had my water pressure cranked up to 600p.s.i. and needed to pre-spray and clean this carpet multiple times. I was very impressed with how dry the carpet was when I was finished with the heroics on saving it. Thanks! Merry Christmas everyone

John,

I'm sure that Greenie is referring his use of 300 RPM scrubber for encap and bonnet cleaning it is a great way when high production is a must

G

High production first is achieved by the reaction time of the chemical on the fiber, to be able to separate the soil from the fiber. Also important is the width of the cleaning pass, the forward speed as well as other variables such as no electric cord and the size of the solution tank. I would be concerned that a higher r.p.m. might ad or contribute to the fling effect when the bonnet gets to wet or when using hard (floor type) encap pads.

Greenie

Good points on flinging. When we were cleaning we only used 300 rpm machines, but to be fair we used Xerion, it's a super low moisture bonnet cleaner, no flinging is possible. Production times were very good. It was also no dwell required cleaner.

200 rpms is not too shabby, I'm all for riding instead of walking.

Glad to hear your battle axe is working well with the glide.

G

When you use the front mounted sprayers the fling is not a problem. Just the occasional splash if your bonnet or encap pad hits a corner. I'm working on a quick connect attachment that will (under adjustable pressure) apply the solution through the pad drive like a gravity feed system. That coupled with the hard pads induces the fling. Hey, this is part of what makes life fun figuring out challenges. I also have an encap product line under the name Surround-The Art of Encapsulation. Let me know if you would like to try some.

The Preacher

John, i'd like to test your encap product. i have a 65k sf airport i do monthly that i'd like to see your rider on.

the Advance rep let me demo a riding dual cylinder machine, but after about 15 minutes he thought that was enough time to get me to buy???

i'd like to get a machine i could do cleaning 2x a month, right now i use a 20"GLS and a 19" Cimex with the fiber pads.

do you have a machine anywhere near Tallahassee Fl? (Pensacola or Jacksonville) were right in the middle of those 2 cities?

DAnny

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom