Opinions on this for a backup van please

Chris A

Name
Chris
looks clean from the pics. Shit for $4500 its worth it even if you have to put a couple G's into it. Lot of hours but I've seen them sell with a lot more...

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Man that's a lot of hours on the van. Cheap price but I'd personally be a little leary of those miles.

You can put a new motor in it or swap the unit to another van but after you factor in that cost plus the $4,500.00 you might as well start off with a newer unit.

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
I'm guessing no air conditioning, low heat and probably pisses oil like a race horse.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
is it an E-150 or 250??

I'm with Rich, that's a boat load of miles when the 6000 TM hours are factored in .

If E-150, that's a $700-1200 van here wholesale .
a little more for 3/4 and 1 ton

don't know enough about used direct drive TMs to have an opinion on it's value

..L.T.A.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Looks nice, If the machine works well, (run it for a couple of hours), offer him $3500. You will need a new engine in a year or two.

Dale

Name
Dale Collins
Hi Albert:

Be carefull. I have owned 2 of the HM CDS' units before they came out with the "overdrive" system. They were poorly engineered, meaning the engine RPM's were the same as the blowers, and that was way too fast. About 2200 RPM's is way too fast to run an "ideling" motor. It uses too much gas, and puts a lot of wear and tear on the engine.

Thx,
Dale

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
whats a backup worth if it does not work when ya need it?
why not buy a nice used van
and start building a second complete unit
buy a VAN
BUY A SLIDE IN
then build from there when ya get the money to do it
it took me a year to finish my second unit like that
but the time when i needed the back up it was there
and it worked
look on ebay to buy your tile tools uoh tools and so on
worked for me and i am glad i did it that way
a second van really comes in handy

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
if you are buying it strictly for a backup unit and your budget is 5k then it is perfect. Sure it will use lots of fuel, and those are a lot of miles but how many more miles are you going to put on it?

A slide in that is the same condition would have about half that many hours on it and cost about 5k by itself.

Jimbo

It's inexpensive enough, Albert...but you need to consider the time on the engine running with the van parked...I'm approximating the 5700 hours as about 325,000 miles worth of engine time...add the 150,000 miles that are on the chassis...that is a lot of life that the van engine has provided!

It is a screaming deal, though...and if it just sat around most of the time...maybe starting it every two weeks or so and running the engine and the CDS...it could serve you will for just an emergency backup unit.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom