Orange peel

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
After a thorough nuetral mopping and drying i applied a couple coats of floor finish.

what happened next can only be described as orange peeling. it would go down even then puddle-up.

I don't have the problem after running the square scrub only when i apply finish to a floor that hasn't had much prep work.

i use 18" micro-fiber flat mops and applicator buckets to dip them in.

his the fastest technique i know.

anyone?

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
yeah, yeah, i know. pump up sprayer thin, thin coats.

I am gonna use that technique next go around. (if there is a next time. their jerking me on payment).

it takes two guys and one mop for that technique. it will slow me down.

I really need two guys and two mops to make any $$$..

on second thought....

please disregard this thread... I'm being stupid again....

cuz i'm using high $$$ finish i'm gonna need them thin, thin coats to save $$$ on finish...

the money i save on finish will cover my extra labor.

you're right...

hey Ronnie!

waaaaaaazzzzzzzzuuuuuuuppppp?????? :lol: shiteatinggrin :mrgreen: Iseeru somewhat amus !dork! 8)

wazzup.jpg

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I apply Ultrachem with a flat microfiber applicator and have sometimes had issues peeling, streaking ect. I’m sure the pump up application works, but George is right it’s more labor and that’s not acceptable on top of the high chemical cost.

I have a job tonight I’m going to try apply with a microfiber mop head like this:
red-unger-microfiber-16-oz-string-mop-head-heavy-duty.jpg

What is Willy apply ultrachem with?

Sometimes I knock it out of the park with this product but If I can’t figure out how to get reliable results everytime, I’m going to stop using it and go back to Betco.

Name
Ron lippold
when using ultra chem you have to give 1 hr dry time on first coat, pump up sprayer thin coats get 4-5 down and its gravy from there out. I would never put down finish with a mop...

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Ron Lippold said:
when using ultra chem you have to give 1 hr dry time on first coat, pump up sprayer thin coats get 4-5 down and its gravy from there out. I would never put down finish with a mop...

Take some video of spraying down finish, never have seen this before.

Also how long have you used the spraying technique to apply finishes?

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
That microfiber mop head works perfect!

Ring it out good and there is no way to put down anything but extremely thin even coats.

The only drawback is that it really grabs the floor and you get a workout.

I'm sure Ron's method works great, but i bet it comes with a learning curb Learning Curve.

It’ could be high urethanes content in the product than makes it tricky to apply.

Name
Ron lippold
I use the flat mop techinque, but i put the finish down with a 1/2 gallon pump up sprayer. real thin coats, you have to keep moving, I have been doing this for along time the only time it bites me is when we try to rush it. Time is money do it right the first time..... shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Some other things that can cause an orange peel type of appearance -

The floor is too cold. This may happen around freezers or just due to weather conditions. Floors needs to be 50 or 55 F for most finishes.

Any type of oily residue left on the floor. I have seen it from treated dust mops being used improperly.

Contamination in the mop head. Always use a clean mop.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom