Orbital For Commercial

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
Hey guys, I Have the HOS orbital and a cimex. My guys are telling me to get another cimex and the HOS just sits in our shop because in my experience, using a scrub pad under it while encapping just doesn't get the results that the cimex does -

My question is - for those of you who use the Orbital on commercial - what are you using for a pad to get good results and quick production? I don't want to have to bring 100 pads with me to a commercial job to encap.

Do you use the weight kit with a beige pad underneath? Any recommendations would be appreciated!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We have (2) Orbots and (6) Cimex's, the Cimex's are faster and are nearly indestructible. But I would say the Orbot will remove more soil. We use them with combo pads in the worst areas and Cimex the rest. Combo pads maybe 400sq/ft per side. Weights help for heavier soil and to increase speeds.

We've never used the Orbots with Fiber pad, I sure it would work fine, we just use our Cimex's.

Reactions: bensurdi

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
my Orbot sits to.

from what the fellas who run them daily say, you HAVE to buy the weight kit for it to be any good.

i prefer the Cimex with Tuway BBC's under it for soil removal and encap. it's all we use.

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
My Cimex has been one of my best investments. Never used a hoss but I liked my ccs conqueror ok for small scale encap. Although it is an entirely different beast.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
My guys are telling me to get another cimex...
Listen to your employees.

Steve

PS The consistent word on the street is for wide open glue down commercial nothing beats the Cimex. I've been in way to many airports the last few weeks and trust me- they all desperately needed encapping in those wide open spaces. Just like mowing a lawn only so much more profitable per square foot!

Reactions: bensurdi and GCCLee

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Hey guys, I Have the HOS orbital and a cimex. My guys are telling me to get another cimex and the HOS just sits in our shop because in my experience, using a scrub pad under it while encapping just doesn't get the results that the cimex does -

My question is - for those of you who use the Orbital on commercial - what are you using for a pad to get good results and quick production? I don't want to have to bring 100 pads with me to a commercial job to encap.

Do you use the weight kit with a beige pad underneath? Any recommendations would be appreciated!

Try these:
http://encapstore.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=12&products_id=230

They're awesome... Maybe your employees will like the machine better if it gets results. Have them try them out before you pawn your OP for beer money.

G Man

Name
Joseph Gilstrap

These pads are the best for encapping that I have ever used under my Orbot. I have used them for over 3 years.

http://www.directmopsales.com/microfiber_carpet_bonnet_p/carpetbonnet.htm

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
G Man, do you use those pads with the weight kit for the Orbot? If you were cleaning .... 4K of commercial glue down carpet and had the sprayborg Orbot, would you just pop the weight kit on with that pad and go to down? How many of those pads would you go through with average soiling conditions?

Thanks!

G Man

Name
Joseph Gilstrap
G Man, do you use those pads with the weight kit for the Orbot? If you were cleaning .... 4K of commercial glue down carpet and had the sprayborg Orbot, would you just pop the weight kit on with that pad and go to down? How many of those pads would you go through with average soiling conditions?

Thanks!

I usually run 8 to 16 lbs of extra weight depending on the situation. I don't recommend using over 16 lbs.
On average soiling conditions you can get 7 to 800 sq ft on a pad, flip it and run another 2 to 300 sq; ft then change the pad. The micros in conjunction with a good encap product is a great way to go on commercial.
You can also rinse and ring out the micro pads on the job if you were running low on pads.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
a side note: John G taught us on the forums that for extending the life of w/e pad you use, just use 1 side and then get a new pad. i know it's an obvious statement and it just means you have to buy more pads (mf / cotton / whatever) but it keeps the pad from getting overloaded with soil and most importantly to me, makes for an easier to clean pad in the washing machine as well...ie: the pads are easier to keep white-ish (or blue/gray for you mf guys.)

JeffC

Name
Jeff
I currently run 3 cimexes in my company, plus some occasional HWEand don’t have an op machine. I’ve had 2 though in the past, and got rid of both of them. I know "technically" you’re probably removing more soil but with the lighter head weight of the orbot (I think the other one was by orbitec cx-20) the results I got weren’t as good as the cimex.

I haven’t used the pads Jeremy is talking about so maybe that was my missing piece of the puzzle. It's certainly possible. But I purchased hundreds of dollars of different pads and still didn’t get the results the cimex produces. This was my experience and of course not everyone agrees. I'm a huge fan of low moisture cleaning and I really wanted to like op cleaning since I just do commercial but it just never worked for me. I LOVE the cimex though!

Jeff C

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Do you think you went in with an open mind or did you have in it the back of your mind it wasn't going to be as good as the Cimex? You've been know to be pretty close minded! :p

Seriously we have had better results once we went from the Sprayborg to Mytee's Big Boss Sprayers. You can come borrow them and try it yourself anytime you like. I'll even buy you lunch when you pick it up!

I too love the Cimex but when it's heavily soiled the OP replaces HWE for me. It has to be terribly soiled for me to go to HWE, or have easy access.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Seriously we have had better results once we went from the Sprayborg to Mytee's Big Boss Sprayers.

So Richard, are you saying you ripped off the spraying system from the Orbot, and now pre-spray the carpet prior to o.p'ing it??

This is something I have been contemplating, but using my FlexiPro from John Olson.

:very_drunk:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Yes Shorty I suppose I could have put larger jets on it but without the Borg it is now easier for one man to handle on their own and the pre spraying allows us to spray heavier in the bad areas and less in the light.

I have one with and one without now and can either add the second or take off the second one as needed per the job.

Reactions: Shorty

JeffC

Name
Jeff
“Do you think you went in with an open mind or did you have in it the back of your mind it wasn't going to be as good as the Cimex? You've been know to be pretty close minded!

Come on Chavez I do live in the “Show Me State” LOL

Believe it or not I went into it with a completely open mind and really wanted it to work. I lost several hundred dollars in the process. With the Orbitec the pad driver was very aggressive and would chew up thin pads and after trying different options I finally gave up and sold it. It was a very solidly built machine though.

I wasn’t terribly impressed with the Sprayborg on the Orbot so maybe that had something to do with it. The quality overall seemed ok. It’s certainly not a tank like the cimex though.
I appreciate the offer and one of these days I’ll drive over and work with your crew and see for myself. And here Chavez I thought I suckered you into trading my nearly new Orbot for your grungy old cimex. Maybe I should take you up on that free lunch.

If I was really convinced I wouldn’t be against buying another one but I am a bit skeptical. I’d love to be able to do even less HWE and like I said I absolutely love low moisture for commercial

JeffC

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
The guys used to chose the Cimex first, always until they were forced by the projects to use the OP method more. As they became used to it's idiosyncrasies they gained confidence in how what it could do and the results they can achieve.

They no longer moan when told it's Op or that part of the project they will need to do with the Orbot. We even did a dozen homes for a assisted living agency and all of them were requested to be done OP, like the offices we did for them. They loved them, however we traditionally only use low moisture in the commercial setting.

The Cimex is a tank and the Orbot is more finesse, but when used in conjunction they can deliver amazing results. I think you would have eventually gotten used to it but you know how tech's are (and owners from the show me state), change is tough.

Any time Jeff you are always welcome to visit!

Wing It

Supportive Member
Name
John Wingfield
Are you guys using only low moisture cleaning for commercial cleaning? I was under the impression that hwe was necessary every so often. Would you guys rate portable hwe with100 psi better or worse than encap with a cimex?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
It really depends on the situation, we have many facilities we've been cleaning for several years with low moisture. We also have had some that needed an initial HWE before we could maintain them with low moisture.

100 psi isn't much power, yes I'd say the Cimex would easily out clean a machine of that type.

Reactions: Wing It

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Are you guys using only low moisture cleaning for commercial cleaning? I was under the impression that hwe was necessary every so often. Would you guys rate portable hwe with100 psi better or worse than encap with a cimex?

:bullshit:

For someone that has been here for over a year and only posted once, has no details whatsoever as to who he/she is or where she/he is from, (unlike that Gentleman Richard), I refuse to give a credible answer. :lol:

Matter of fact, I tink I'll has anudder..........

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Yes we carry multiple pads in our totes for the Cimex, the Planetary pads Jeremy sells, the BBC's that have an aggressive brown stripe, the grey pads from Rick and plain white 8-inch bonnets. This gives them options for what ever they might be confronted with.

Although for commercial we have generally walked the property and photographed anything unusual to show the crew prior to the job.

Wing It

Supportive Member
Name
John Wingfield
I updated my profile just for you shorty. I am John from Nashville. I have my own business and have been only utilizing hwe with a butler for mostly restaurants and office bldgs for over 10 years. I have been pushing the idea around of getting either a portable or a cimex for jobs the truckmount cant reach.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
I updated my profile just for you shorty. I am John from Nashville. I have my own business and have been only utilizing hwe with a butler for mostly restaurants and office bldgs for over 10 years. I have been pushing the idea around of getting either a portable or a cimex for jobs the truckmount cant reach.

Ta John,
I'm with Richard here, rent a Cimex and give it a run.

One thing though, what market segment will you be looking at ??

Residential or commercial??

I imagine that most resi; your t/m would do you well, except possibly for high rise condo's;

Commercial is a different kettle of fish.

We do ALL commercial with the Cimex, it is (in my opinion), King of commercial carpets.

Also, as you said, your t/m can't get to some properties.

Some jobs I have been cleaning monthly for nearly a decade with no rinsing from a porty; or t/m.

This is in a shopping centre where a t/m cannot be used, and the carpets would still be damp next day using a porty; due to no air con; and our high humidity.

The Cimex shines in this instance, leaving bone dry carpets, no odor and no condensation on the windows.

Most of my commercial properties are in the same condition, ie; no air con; & high humidity + warm temps;

I do have a very small porty; that is just large enough to clean a lounge suite when needed.

One other thing, a large guv-urn-mint agency that I work for, requests me to clean their resi; carpets with the Cimex as opposed to t/m.

Go figure???

Hope this helps.

Shorty.

PS::: Thanks to some help from Richard, I will also be using my "modified" Sprayborg :winky: for more residential work.

Reactions: Wing It

Wing It

Supportive Member
Name
John Wingfield
My purpose would be commercial only. I hate the electrical issues a strong 15-20 amp porty gives me, so I generally go weaker on either the pump, vac or heat to stay under 15 amps. It is good to hear that there is no drawback to encaping without hwe if hwe is not possible.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I also need like 50-100 new pads....I'm alwas buying Superzorbs from Jeff but I'm wondering if there is anything new or better that hold up..I'm runnning low on my Superzorbs...throwing away a couple per week..Only have about 30 left..

Once I had Glads from Vacaway and they basically became oil change clean up rags after one or two use....they were the worst pos things I ever bought.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom