Oreck orbiter question for all owners of them

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
So I'm about to pull the trigger on this but I want to know if I should get the commercial 550mc with 3/4 hp and 50ft cord or is the 1/2 hp just fine. I ask because the only commercial I can find is new on amazon for $380 plus the brushes I will need will put it in the $475 total range. I can find the 1/2 hp models all over the place for $100 to $250 Craigs list, eBay, etc...

Thanks for the help

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
FLYERMAN said:
I have used one and thought them both toys compared to CRB machines and no better in any way than a 175.

Depends on your needs. If you need an extremely portable, lightweight unit that does a decent job occasionally scrubbing traffic lanes in residential, it does the trick, especially on olefin.

If you need something on every single job for scrubbing larger areas, it is less than useful.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Is the 500MC the only one with the 3/4 hp motor??

They used to offer one labeled "Commercial"???
The blue one I think???

randy

Name
Randy
I have a few of both. We use them for stairs and either will work fine for that purpose. Definitely a loser machine when it comes to doing an entire room.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Every machine has it's place.

The 12" is for traffic areas and steps.

And pad encapping for steps and small re-clean wick ups.

I also use mine for commercial pad encapping demos.

Light weight and easy to carry means it will come into the house where it can make money.

Mine earns at least $200 per day for pre-scrubbing.

(about what you can buy a used one on e-bay.)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom