Other cleaners using my videos. Opinions?

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I am not lambasting you Ron and Becker may know about a couple copyright laws, just not this one. You want your cake and eat it to, you want the benefits that go with sharing but not the downside. Becker when the NFL posts a youtube video(which it hasn't) and then they allow sharing then people can use it. Ron has no course of action because if he stops the sharing right now it disapears from the guys site.

You have a lot of detective work to do. I wonder how many emails you send the IICRC, CRI-SOA, Carpet Cleaners etc etc a week. Have some cheese RAT

Beckerhead read the TOS section 6 where when you post to youtube you give copyright and license to all users to use your copyrighted material. This is good information for everyone to have

You also hereby grant each user of the Service a non-exclusive license to access your Content through the Service, and to use, reproduce, distribute, display and perform such Content as permitted through the functionality of the Service and under these Terms of Service

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Bundy said:
I am not lambasting you Ron and Becker may know about a couple copyright laws, just not this one. You want your cake and eat it to, you want the benefits that go with sharing but not the downside.

You missed the whole question. Is there a downside to this? They can "exploit" it, but who are they really hurting? They haven't altered the video. One company actually wanted to pay me to alter it so it looked like them cleaning. I asked about that a long time ago and I never went ahead with it. Perhaps its not about "copyright" but more about the sharing and taking the good and the bad that goes with it.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I know that ron but your deviate from the original question with becker and I responded.

Becker

Name
Becker
I have no problem admitting I'm wrong when I clear see I am wrong.

I was referencing common copyright law.

Waffles is correct, YouTube has you agree to TOS that include and cover the use by 3rd parties though YouTube.
Surprised, but understand why YOUTUBE has that wordage in there, and tries to release it's self from someone uploading copy written content.

So I was wrong on this matter..

That said, why anyone would want embed another video they have no control over on their page is beyond me.
Even more so when it comes to a site promoting ones business.
I'm not sure, but I wonder if one has the ability to edit their video and keep the same link on Youtube.

I had a guy directly linking jpgs from my website to his crappy site.
I renamed the files and updated my site, then replaced the linked photos with something else.. :shock:
Needless to say, piggy backing of my hosting stopped.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Greg you do not know what you are talking about so you should shut up!
But Fact is, copyright law still protects the clueless.
Like I said Bundy, you have no idea what you are talking about.
Waffles seems to think he knows all....
Same applies to copyright law.
I know a little more than you...
Greg! You are not very bright...
Most don't understand copyright law, how things become protected by copyright law.
But what it boils down to Ron is.
Do you want to defend your copyright?

all this after I pointed out an appelate court decision and youtube TOS. You are a moron. High School or middle school drop out you say right?

I try to help someone pointing out true copyright law and this is what I get

seems about right

Becker

Name
Becker
It all boils down to TOS on youtube, not copyright law.
Copyright law still applies. But if you are posting your works that you own, then you are agreeing to granting limited use of it.

Ron's video is protected by copyright, but he granted limited use of it under the TOS agreement with youtube.
I admit I was not aware youtube had that wordage, don't think it was always this way.
I have no problem admitting I'm wrong. I was wrong.. Learning daily.

But my point is, just because you post or share works on the internet ( say self hosted ) does not make it free for all, no copyright disclaimer is needed.
Often bits of a video can be used without violated copyright law.

Another angle, Ron's video.. Does he own the copyright?
Did he hire someone to shot it? Did he pay them and w-2 them, or was the photographer a freelancer?
More wordage YouTube has to protect it's self from uploaded protected works. ( this I was well aware of )

All this is all really to deep, as I'm sure no one really give a shit!

GUESS WHAT WAFFLES..

I'll be wrong again! And right!

Can't have a right without a wrong!

As for when something becomes protected by copyright.. At creation, not publication.
No need to registrar or filed.
Dated proof is rather important.

I still think it is funny you want to point fingers at me over your CRI problem, or me contacting Ron over this..
You must really think I care about you. I guess that is why you kept calling me and calling me.
Tell you not to call, and you call. Ya must have folded to CRI..

Were you lonely?

I hope now you are using your time wisely and calling someone that cares?

You talking about this video? http://www.channels.com/episodes/10098100?page=5

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Wrong again stupid. Copyright law has been confirmed by the appelate courts making Youtube make changes to terms and conditions. If you got higher than the sixth grade you would figure this out

joe harper

Name
joe harper
LisaWagnerCRS said:
Doc Holliday said:
I'd disable it and reload one that has your logo, web address & phone number superimposed on the screen.

Exactly!

Hey...PeRkY... shiteatinggrin

You & Cole...return...the SAME day.... :shock:

How lUcKy can 1 BoaRd.........GET...... shiteatinggrin

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
That is awesome Backer I clicked the link and found my show. I had trouble before and never had a copy. I am glad you searched all databases for it. Thanks

Becker

Name
Becker
3rd grade waffles. And no I did not read it. Are you kidding I'm a moron and can't read. Thank god for dragon speech reconization software.

As for the link. It was emailed to me like 2 years ago? Maybe the same guy that sent me a copy of your bid my job ad.
And finding it or anything on the web is simple. I mean anyone with a 3rd grade education.

As for you looking like a slob. I bet that is the norm unless you try. I bet the inside of your cars and trucks are a mess I'll bet your house is a disorganized mess.

Got to love duct tape. Must be that masters degree.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
here is a differense between me and you becker, you think I should be embraarsed about my promotion and that proves you loser ness

I implore people to watch it and listen and you think its an insult, that ius why your a LOSER

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
okay so I am overweight in the video and that makes me obsolete in a discussion. Fat negates inteligences?

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I am going to end my postings on mikeyboiards here. Most of you are ******* morons

Becker

Name
Becker
Having a melt down Greg Crowley?

Plastered off you ass?

Over weight and being a slob are different!

You presented yourself as a true professional!
Well dressed, nice clean looking equipment, well spoken.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
nah it does hurt me to see the deniogration of our industry left on the backs of losers like you and yoakim. It is difficult after working so hard in my life knowing that I am just a carpet cleaner because people like you

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I worked so hard you don't think we deserve more respect

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
losers like you may think we are nothing buti disagree and can prove with my following in the north east

Becker

Name
Becker
What the hell are you talking about?

WOW Greg,

Honestly call it a night.

Ya might have a hangover in the AM..

But only you will know your hung over.

You keep posting nonsense and your stock value falls.

What is your drink tonight? Just beer?

Becker

Name
Becker
I think it has more to do with you being to drunk to explain, or at least form a clear reply.

Just step away from the computer Greg..

Entertaining, you are making a fool out of yourself.

Calling most of us ******* morons is not a way to receive respect..
But it might be an east coast thing.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
yes becker I am looking for your respect. A person who rats everyone out for some perceived wrongdoing, a guy who abandons his child, a guy who insults and disrespects woman, yes indeed I am looking foir your approvqal. Are you retarded

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
please help me my business is flounbdering and i can make a living. Really are you stupid

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I have a business that will bill close to a million this year and you think you can effect it, you are dumber than I thought

Becker

Name
Becker
Bundy said:
yes becker I am looking for your respect. A person who rats everyone out for some perceived wrongdoing, a guy who abandons his child, a guy who insults and disrespects woman, yes indeed I am looking foir your approvqal. Are you retarded

Where are you getting this from?

Who did I rat out?

Abandon? Who did I abandon?

I insult and disrespect woman?

I'm not sure where you get your information... Oh.. your fairy tail land!

Becker

Name
Becker
Bundy said:
I have a business that will bill close to a million this year and you think you can effect it, you are dumber than I thought

You think I really care?

Greg, look elsewhere.. I had zero to do with your problem with CRI..

Bundy said:
an make a living. Really are you stupid

Have no idea what your point is..

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
who did you rat out, geeze didn't you already admit to being the guy who sent ron the email?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom