Our friend Ken Snow

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
The death of Ken Snow has really hit home with me. I sat and re-read all the email he and i traded back and forth over the years. i tried to search for postings in the mikeys board search feature and it was overwhelming to sort through. This caused me to have this idea:
Over the years Ken responded with a ton of advice to those new and old to the industry. It sure would be nice if we could develop some sort of indexed reference for the industry with his and other senior contributors advice. Much of this information can be found on the old ICS and on Mikeys board.
Many questions that are asked on this board intitally get answered with great advise and then kijacked with a bunch of bs , shoot the shit, jargon. Organzing these and stripping out the banter could provide a tremendous resourse to our newbies. Perhaps Mike could make this open ONLY to contributing members? While I personally don't have the time ( or the attention to detail) to undertake this large of a project, I believe it would be a worthwhile project that would help our industry tremendously. Perhaps we could name it "The Ken Snow advisory database"?
Your thoughts.

Reactions: AJR

Mikey P

Administrator
If you think this group is bad, try the two saggy pants forums..
Ken himself was guilty of going off topic rather quickly.

I do like your idea and Ill talk to Fred and see if there is a quick way for us to create such a thing.

FredC

Village Idiot
No. It would be a repeat of the goldmine disaster. Sorry.

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
Thanks Mike. We are all guilty of going off topic. i believe this could seriously help our community. There are tons of contributions from those that either lost interest or expired that I'm sure would be of great benefit to the next generation.
If you think this group is bad, try the two saggy pants forums..
Ken himself was guilty of going off topic rather quickly.

I do like your idea and Ill talk to Fred and see if there is a quick way for us to create such a thing.

Able 1

Name
Keith
I really can't think of what to say, the guy was the shit!!! I can't believe he's gone,and what a missing hole here.. With the wisdom he has shared and the fact he would nudge people in the right direction, he was priceless.. He has helped me a bunch by just reading how he looked at things. Very sad! Out of all you fat asses he was the last I would think would go... Never knew he was a smoker, I need to quit!

To me he was the kind of guy that I felt I knew and met through just his post alone. I know alot of you guys knew him better, but he always offered his advise to me, and I'm very grateful for the time we had with him.

Reactions: KevinL

Mikey P

Administrator
I really can't think of what to say, the guy was the shit!!! I can't believe he's gone,and what a missing hole here.. With the wisdom he has shared and the fact he would nudge people in the right direction, he was priceless.. He has helped me a bunch by just reading how he looked at things. Very sad! Out of all you fat asses he was the last I would think would go... Never knew he was a smoker, I need to quit!

To me he was the kind of guy that I felt I knew and met through just his post alone. I know alot of you guys knew him better, but he always offered his advise to me, and I'm very grateful for the time we had with him.

Id like to suggest that we all step it up a notch to help fill the void..

Mikey P

Administrator

Id like to suggest that we all step it up a notch to help fill the void..

Reactions: -JB-

Mikey P

Administrator
Ken has been on my mind a lot.

I need to go for a ride..

Snowride_zps18260936.png

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Emails he would send me. I laugh reading some of the stuff.

I guess I shouldn't share it, sorry I couldn't help that one. My wife is the same way when I tell her what I write.

Delete the post if you think its in poor taste.

Last edited by a moderator:

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:EnableOpenTypeKerning/> <w:DontFlipMirrorIndents/> <w:OverrideTableStyleHps/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="--"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]-->
My girlfriend gets mad at me when I tell her the stuff I write or that Mikey called me a fag again LOL Ken Snow
Marci met me when I visited Ken in the hospital so she saw a real life Mikeyboarder. We all had an excellent conversation. Ken was most concerned about traveling to the two cleaning conventions and asked the nurse to ask the doctor if he could drive and fly. I told him he needed to focus on his health and to heck with the trade shows. Obviously he didn't have any idea of the condition he was in. As grave as it was he didn't have to suffer long, which is a good thing. This forum was close to his heart and I'm sure Marci appreciated that.

Brian H

Name
Brian H
It's with a heavy heart that I have to tell you that my best friend passed away this early morning. In the end, the cancer was too widespread when first discovered and it was an impossible battle to fight. He was with loved ones when he finally left us and is now at peace and no longer in pain.

He touched may people in many different ways and considered you on Mikey's board all as friends. He often sent me the link to a thread on interesting topics or debates. When reading those, I could feel the connection he had for all of you and he would talk about you as if you were his brothers.

Thank you for all the best wishes, support and love you have shown him over the years and especially in the last few weeks.

Edit:
It's hard to believe that it's been 10 years....

FredC

Village Idiot
I learned a lot from him and we had a lot of similar circumstances in our lives, he handled his different than I handled most of mine. Ken was very different and open about things in his life. He had trouble w gf kids here and there and the day to day bullshit we all have he had as well. No one would ever know because he hid it well. He was one happy fooker though but dealt with hios deal of shit. I could give almost the same eulogoy I gave my brother because Ken was truly a great man

Off topic sort of but since I was updating his tiltle to RIP and I don't think it was mentioned here Greg Crowley/ @XTREME1 died last year

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Off topic sort of but since I was updating his tiltle to RIP and I don't think it was mentioned here Greg Crowley/ @XTREME1 died last year

The kinder side of me will recall "No Man is an Island" in recollection of Greg's passing.

Reactions: SamIam and FredC

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
It's been a bitter sweet last few weeks. July 27th was my 10th wedding anniversary, where Ken was our Best Man. 5 weeks later, he passed!!

I'm certain that Ken was grateful to have been there to stand there for you then, despite how quickly he was taken after...

Reactions: SamIam

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
Man, that’s sad to hear bout @extreme1. It looks like he was 2 months younger than my oldest. Obviously, that’s young.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
I'm certain that Ken was grateful to have been there to stand there for you then, despite how quickly he was taken after...
I may have mentioned our sons memorial on Mikeys Board.....half an hour later my phone rings and it was Ken asked me if it would be OK if he came over to the church!
Sure enough I saw his big Lincoln pull into the lot....He was like magic and moved thru our whole family with grace and condolences lik I've never seen.....
I guess he missed the no flower note because right behind the speakers podium was a stunning bouquet from
Hagopian......

After Ken left EVERYONE in the family ask "who was that man"

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom