Our new site

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
I would appreciate so input regarding our new website.
Note: I know that the video is raw and temporarily in place. We had a couple of girls that work for me create them till we can get an actress to film them in a couple of weeks.

www.callprocarpet.com

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
"No one wants to be called a pig" LOL

I like the site and agree use a pro for the video's. Your girls are very attractive but a professional voice would probably come across better.

Nice job!

Reactions: SamIam

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
From a visual stand point I like it, performance wise (site load speed and such) it sucks. I'd get all of the css code into a separate file, as well as all the javascript, ******* your images as well since you're scaling a lot of them down, and things of that nature. I don't think you have the ability to do those things with the service you're using, but could be wrong.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Schedule form, i would go with a dark background. Will make it easier to read.

If at all possible shorten it, kinda long.

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
Nice site .. camera is too far from the first girl and she sounds echo-eeeee ... her constant head movement seems to express nervousness .. (I'd be nervous) 2nd girl looks like she's being taped in a bathroom .. so a better background would be nice .. also camera should move up to cover a few inches above her head .. so less boob more head .. camera straight shot rather than angled up to her face

And the pig statement could be offensive .. some may take it the wrong way .. especially those who haven't cleaned in a few years .. they might fear your judgement of them when seeing their filth (on all levels of soil) so let the pig fly

Pig statement is cute for a slim few but the majority may take it the wrong way .. I'm no expert so just my opinion

Reactions: Desk Jockey

smastio

Name
Steve Mastio
Studies have shown that when clicking on a page if a video starts playing without being asked to be played, the consumer finds it annoying. The majority of the people will click away. If they are opting in to listen... that's different.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Take that Gal to dinner for a few drinks before ya stick her on camera sheesh, relax her a bit Dad dang.

Nice site, lots of stuff to keep ya busy. Keep the daughter in the vid!!!

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
The homepage has too many shapes, buttons and gizmos for me. Too many decisions to make, think i counted 20 different buttons or so i could click on.
Especially below the fold.

Board addicts like us can process that information quickly but normal people can't.

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
Take that Gal to dinner for a few drinks before ya stick her on camera sheesh, relax her a bit Dad dang.

Nice site, lots of stuff to keep ya busy. Keep the daughter in the vid!!!
Lol - Not my daughter - she's our marketing coordinator. The one on the front screen is my ex gf.

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
Hi Greg, in the same process with you.

Just my 2 pennies -

On the main page - I'd get the nav bar above the blue section with the vid. Because your main links (gray bar) are barely above the fold - and in the middle of your home page, and your drop downs go off the page below the fold unless you scroll. IMO - it's a must change on the homepage. The more consistent your site structure/format is, the better experience your users will have.

On smaller screens, your CC drop down goes past the fold. Either reduce the vertical - or go horizontal drops.

Ditto on auto playing anything. Way too much on all the pages. It's an instant turn off to most. Make it an option to be heard/seen.

Ditto on the content overload on the main page as well - there is a lot going on, and it's very scattered.

IMO, and I know al lot of ppl may have different opinions - the home page should be a solid: hello, why to use us, and directory of services offered page. It should make them want to click links to the service they need. However that's not always the page they land on, which is why having a consistent navigation format is important.

I'd also group your cc drop down items to make them easier to find and go horizontal - because you have many very different residential services. Something like -

Carpet Services: (non-linked) Odor Control Services: Additional Cleaning Services:
Carpet Cleaning Ozone Odor Treatment Tile & Grout
Stain Removal Disinfectant Upholstery
Carpet Repair Area Rug
Pet Package Cleaning Air Duct Cleaning
Scotchguard

I don't split between resi and comm services - and am moving focus to restoration - so my nav structure is a bit different - and I know the above isn't perfect - but what I'm getting at is just to make it easier for an instant triage of options for your visitors.

My site just went live (though it's not even close to done - I have a TON of testing and proofing to do on it) - you can see what I'm getting at w my services drop down - www.indianacleaning.com

PS - if you have any issues with it - let me know....lol. As I said - I'm debugging as far back browser wise as I can right now.

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
OK - the post format changed ..... so my formatting to show you what i meant by organizing them got all screwed up.

Just look at my services drop on my site - and you'll get what I meant :)

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
OK - the post format changed ..... so my formatting to show you what i meant by organizing them got all screwed up.

Just look at my services drop on my site - and you'll get what I meant :)

Agreed, your layout is much easier to read.

The superhero thing is hilarious...

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
Thanks.

There is still a ton to do - I gave the web developer the copy and all the images I created - he did very generic layouts of the content based on minimal direction knowing we'd tweak them.

I have a lot of minimizing to do wordage wise - too much to read now that I see it on the pages.

There are also tons of little things I hate that just don't look right -but we are going through a little at a time - and then I have pictures to get into it which will be another few days.

Hopefully it'll be done in the next 2 weeks - will put a post up for critique when done.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Thanks.

There is still a ton to do - I gave the web developer the copy and all the images I created - he did very generic layouts of the content based on minimal direction knowing we'd tweak them.

I have a lot of minimizing to do wordage wise - too much to read now that I see it on the pages.

There are also tons of little things I hate that just don't look right -but we are going through a little at a time - and then I have pictures to get into it which will be another few days.

Hopefully it'll be done in the next 2 weeks - will put a post up for critique when done.

Very nice site Anthony!! - Couple things I see, have your designer check the format of the telephone number links on the contact page.

This is a cross platform method that is Android and iPhone compatible.

HTML:
<a href="tel://1-555-555-5555">+1 (555) 555-5555</a>

I think you're using:
HTML:
<a href="tel:1-555-555-5555">+1 (555) 555-5555</a>

I also recommend you put your phone number and address somewhere in text on the home page.

On the 4 services below the main slider be sure your image tags are filled out, and you may consider making the heading of each of those services a link to their appropriate page as well.

Just because it is cosmetic annoyance of mine personally. On your menu bar when you hover over a link the text color turns black, but when the page is "active" it goes gray. Change both the hover and active text color to black.

Last edited:
Reactions: SMRBAP

actfast

Name
Elizabeth
This post is alittle old, but my favorite subject, so I thought I would share. I am on online marketer who has a husband who is in the restoration industry. My husbands business was growing and so was mine, with both of us working all the time we had to decide to join forces, and at the New Year I quit my marketing consulting business and even fired all my web sites and social media that I maintained for clients.

I only share this so you know my background and that I have actually tested this stuff and do know what we have seen results with.

This is just a few basics that I never miss on a site. A video, that actually shows the people in the business and features those in the office and owners. I like the girls you have in the videos and that they actually work with you. The point of a video is not to show how professional you can make a video, but to show you are real. Show your future clients who will be picking up the phone when they call, they love to put face to a name. If I was going to redo your video, I would have the girls introduce themselves and show them working. Have someone answering the phone, "Hi I am stacey, when you call I will be here to help you out". Have others while working, "I am Tom and I take pride in making sure your home sparkles" and so on... Facts tell and stories sell. "We started our business in 2003, we are a local family, our 3 children attend school here, and we want to help the neighborhood" Show your credentials in stories, not just facts. Keep videos short. The main one on the site, just introducing who you are and the people in the company. Then also get testimonial videos from clients. Just use your cell phones for this. When you are in the sales process, and it is a regular client, or someone outgoing, let them know, I will throw in some of this, in exchange for you saying some positive things on video for me at the end of the day, just 20 seconds with my cell phone, that is it!" Put these testimonials all over. (On a side note, get some business cards printed with your yelp and angies list, facebook links. These are what I call social media cards. Give these out to your clients. Ask them to post something nice for you on any of those places and you will give them something on the next visit)

The only reason I even decided to post a response to your question is because you are making the one mistake that in the only thing that matters. You can get rid of everything else on your site if you were just to keep the one box that you have that says "Join my newsletter" . And I want you to know that I have actually tested this, I have had clients who we took everything off of the website and only had a subscribe box and business increased dramatically. But the most important words on the site are the words before they put the name and email in the box. Never ever say "Subscribe to my newsletter" Instead give something valuable, " Free Report, how to make sure the stains never re-appear" "7 secrets carpet cleaners do not want you to know" "Get 25 tips for dealing with your insurance claim" "Get 25% off your next visit when you sign up" . Come up with something clever, think of the questions that people always ask and put this as a reason to sign up to your newsletter. Then when people sign up give the report, coupon or deal, then every week or every few weeks, send a short newsletter. It does not even need to be a newsletter. It can be 3 sentences, just saying Hi from our company and wanted to share a tip in case you ever get red wine in your carpet. Quickly grab the......" Or share a story or testimonial, end the email with a deal, quote or something fun. I can guarantee when you switch to this type of marketing, you will get many more clients in the long run. Add all clients to your newsletter list. Keep the emails short and valuable.

SO... my number one advice, move that box up to the top, and give something away. Then focus on building and keeping in touch with your list!!

Almost everything that is on websites does not matter to your client. Think about what a person wants to know. They want to know who to trust, and how much you charge. Initially that is all they care about. They do not care about you, they only care if they are going to get what they want done at a fair price with good quality. So show them. You can be trusted, you have happy clients, you are real (video with real people), you are featured places and have given back to the community, people like you. Then show them that you give good quality. Most of the time people are shopping around. This is why when they shop around, they get on your list, and you pop up again in their email box when they are ready to purchase. You help them and give them great tips. You are top of mind when they are ready to purchase.

Sorry, long advice. But I think the site looks good, just a few tweaks and don't focus on what you like, focus on what converts clients and makes money!!

If you ever need help, or anyone else on here, let me know. I really love marketing and I am looking forward to bringing what I know to the restoration industry.

Liz

Name
George Valliant
Wow Liz... That was very enlightening. Very good stuff!

Personally, i dislike spam and company's who sends it find themselves on my black list.

Do you think the reward of sending spam out weighs the risks of offending the client?

Thanks!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom