Outgoing sales calls

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
Do you have your customer reps do cold calls, call overdue clients you have not heard from.
Residential or commercial or both. Do you target areas for them?

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
I do not like being called either but from a vendor or supplier it is less intrusive. From a contractor who has worked in my home in the past to check not bad.
I do not want to hear that it is overdue However a well meaning call is not at dinner is not a problem.

If we get a client that books a few weeks out
do you call others on the street and inform them you will be on their street can you be of any service?
do you send out post cards
do you just do the five around for next time

The less travel time between jobs the better. Has anyone tried marketing to a development on a day a week that you will be there?
I do get calls all the time saying the will be in our area this week.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Cold commercial phone calls is our main marketing campaign.

The best part is each rotation you become more and more productive.
lets say you start with 1000 businesses, 20 will become qualified and you can start a follow up mail/email campaign. 20 will be unqualified and taken off list.

Next rotation you have 960 and another 20 will be qualified and another 20 taken off list.
This way you are focusing your money/time on the best prospects.

Plus after speaking with someone you find out what service interests them and what objections they have.
Now you know what message to use.

Reactions: mirf and dgardner

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
We just started calling past customers to get their emails. We aren't sending our reminder post cards via snail mail anymore and will only be doing email/text reminders if they want them. It is perfect timing to because we are pushing sign ups on fittlebug for them to keep track of referral credits, book their future appointments, etc.

The reason for calling is to inform them of this with a reminder of who we are incase they forgot. Instead of just calling to say, hey! it's time to get your carpet cleaned again, you ready to schedule? That annoys people.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Barry-QDCC

Supportive Member
Name
Barry Rhoads
I do have a girl who is a stay at home mom calling past customers. I use the activities tab on SM to maintain a call list. She works up to 4 hours a week, so it's very part time. She's happy with the fun money she earns.

While she does book jobs herself, I've found that I get even more jobs from people that she has called and leaves a VM message and within a month or so they call to schedule. Just a gentle VM reminder works!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom