oxyclean same as powdered peroxide??

steve g

Name
steve garrett
I was wondering if the oxyclean stuff you can buy at lowes is the same powdered peroxide some of us have been buying from some of our suppliers??

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Powdered peroxide is Sodium Percarbonate.
Oxyclean and similar retail products are around 40 percent SP, and the rest filler.
I believe most distributors products contain a lot higher percentage of SP, as well as added odor modifiers.

I have used Oxyclean on some light urine when I had no OSR.
It did work.

But I wouldn't want to roll up to some cess pool, and "hope" that Oxyclean would again do the trick, so I try to always stock OSR, because your not saving any money if you have to return and do it again, because your soak may not have been strong enough.

OSR smells ALOT better.

Any mix recommendations per gallon using Oxyclean are just shot's in the dark.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
been awhile since i read the label ingredients, but i think it contains some lye too

if you pure sodiom perc, I believe you can buy it from chemistrystore.com

.L.T.A.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
From Oxiclean MSDS (with a i)

images

Oxycleanmsds.jpg

There is another product OxYclean (with a Y), from Melrose Chemicals, which is sold for industrial use which is lye based.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
thats exactly the info I was looking for. cobbs looks like the best deal I have seen, I will stick with it and maybe use some oxy when in a pinch

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Steve;

Our Powder Brightener is 100% sodium percarbonate.

We originated the use of percarbonate for the carpet cleaing industry.

Larry

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
steve g said:
thats exactly the info I was looking for. cobbs looks like the best deal I have seen, I will stick with it and maybe use some oxy when in a pinch

shit i just ordered from him.....maybe should have tried some....

honestly i have NEVER had to or needed to use it.....

I dont think anyway...maybe i am missing the boat???

You ordering any steve??? i can maybe piggyback on??

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Sodium carbonate (the #1 ingredient in OxiClean) is not the same as sodium percarbonate. Sodium percarbonate is the real deal. Sodium carbonate is just one step above filler. You do want a product that is all or mostly sodium percarbonate.

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
Oxyclean works just as good as what ever you buy. 2-6 ozs in your prespray of your hydroforce. Ask the boss what he uses. $14 for 8 lbs puts more money in your pocket.

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
I have used oxyclean with mixed results, the biggest problem is that it foams much more than oxi boosters made for our industry. I have used it on t&g cleaning as well and had good results however.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
floorguy said:
steve g said:

shit i just ordered from him.....maybe should have tried some....

honestly i have NEVER had to or needed to use it.....

I dont think anyway...maybe i am missing the boat???

You ordering any steve??? i can maybe piggyback on??

cobbs does have a number of great products, sodium percarbonate I have been through several of the 8# jars, POG is another great one, mainly because its priced realistically. the powdered reducing agent is another I use. there are some others I use as well that I can't remember right now. I used to clean carpets in central texas and a company called PCCS used to sell a couple cobbs products thats where I first used them back in the mid 90's

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom