pack a lunch or eat on the run....

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
I drink 1/2 pot coffee every day before leaving the house about 9:30am.

For lunch we usually stop at the gas station and I buy one of them hotdogs off the rotiserie grill, a bag off honey roasted cashews, and a 44 oz Diet Dr Pepper.

For dinner I eat whatever the little wifie has cooked up...

That's pretty much my diet 6 days per week.

Thinking about packing an ice cooler and brown bagging it.

Anyone pack a lunch or does everyone eat on the run like me?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
1/2 pot of coffee....

then I prime my self with a small bowl of Cheerios.....

on the way to 1st job I always leave time for a chocolate milk and a roll...

I take my lunch..I have a soft side insulated lunch bag/box that plugs into the truck lighter and keeps my drinks and lunch nice and cool...ham and cheese on dark rye bread w/mayo......bag of chips and an apple or an orange....I will toss a few recesses cups in the bottom....

always eat between jobs........I carry no soda..strictly water in this heat.....

Dinner is a crap shoot.....sometimes I have no clue what the hell she puts on the table....
sometimes I think she married me so she would have a live in guinea pig....

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Jim Martin said:
Dinner is a crap shoot.....sometimes I have no clue what the hell she puts on the table....
sometimes I think she married me so she would have a live in guinea pig....

I really did LOL..... :lol:

I generally go all day without eating..always have
Caffeine and nicotine is my breakfast and lunch.

sometimes i don't eat til after 6 pm

when i was on the truck full time there was always a cooler full of drinks in summer .
Always water and depending which era in my life , with the water there was either iced coffee, iced tea or energy pops

..L.T.A.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
1/2 pot before leaving?? How many pit stops before the 1st job?!!

cereal or protein shake in the morning
water and protein bars on board in the box under the sink, stays fairly cool there.
bag of mountain mix in the cab for a quick snack between jobs
bring an apple every now and then

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I get up around 5 am everyday and head to the gym then eat a decent breakfast, if you have a trader joes in your area they have great premade salads I usually take 2 with me(i know it should be one) and then I always cook the kids dinner and there is plenty of scraps for me

S

sam miller

get up around 7 am eat a bagel or oat meal depends on how fast I gotta get to first job have a large coffee grind our own starbucks

my wife makes my lunch a cooler with 3 diet cokes uysually 2 bars fiber one and a protein bar 2 bottles of water and chips and a sandwich drink cokes with bars and sandwich by noon then its water till I go to bed!

Dinner is usually at home around 5 pm giver or take, once or twice a week we go out!

I eat between jobs in route on the road

Ps I'm always hungry maybe some steaks tomorrow tri tip or t bones what do you guys think?????

S

sam miller

Last reply dosent include desert or candy breaks I love both.

Mikey P

Administrator
90% of my food money is spent at Trader Joes.
Once in a while I may have a bagle with cream cheese or Hummus on it for breaky but most days I go all day on

just a shitty Power Bar of some sort from TJ's then eat two dinners.

GCP

i rarely drink that much coffee but like mikey p i eat a little power bar, or freshly brown bag it. Light foods til dinner, sandwiches, wraps salads etc. may grab a baked bag of chips and keep it moving.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Best nutritional advice I ever heard was, "Eat right 80% of the time and you can have whatever you want the other 20%." Trouble is most Americans reverse those two numbers.

Island Boy
www.SFS.JonDon.com

PS Carpet cleaners do have the advantage of running a lot and with a physical job. After I sold my business I ballooned from 190 to 220 in less than six months. Now I've been pretty steady at 175 (6'0") for the last 14 years.

gavin

I trade carpet cleaning for food at a few local restaurants, and then just call in and swing by for a quick lunch. if I have time it's nice to make it home for lunch and make something nice, but I have a pretty small area. I won't go home if I am more then 5 or 10 miles away.

CleanEvo

I always eat toast with PB and jam in the morning with a green barley drink. I used to always buy lunch out and two years ago my wife just started packing me a lunch, sandwich, fruit, cookies, juice and water (lost 20lbs. in a year that way). I'll usually just grab a coffee between jobs.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
i eat like shit, what ever fast food joint sounds good for the time.....

humm looks like i need to tweak it a little...

That And i would love to drop some LBS for various reasons....just like to eat tasty things...and most of the food you guys described arent tasty :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I used to eat out almost daily, when I started checking my online banking, the monthly cost added up to buying one airpath a month - $300-$500 bucks. Now I've been cooking all my meals a day or week in advance, gym in the morning, than take all my meals in my portable stove, I pack them in small zip lock bags after they're cooked and freeze them up, than place the bags in the stove and preheat them up on the go. I also have a cooler also 12 volt that I carry fruits, protein shakes, etc, so everything is cool and warm whenever I need it. No more pit stops or eating out, it all adds up quickly. The stove is like having a microwave in the car, you can heat up your leftovers, hot pockets, or whatever you want.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Bill hit the nail on the head. Even the $3 and $5 stuff adds up quick.

I have a protien shake every morning and then as much coffee as any human should never have.

I'll have a bowl of cheerios just before leaving or if I'm staying in then about an hour after the coffee meal.

I don't do that many jobs if any so I'll just eat at home or I'll pick up the wifey and go out to lunch somewhere.

We usually do that around 2pm so there is never anyone in the restaurants. Quiet.

They just opened an In-n-Out Burger up the freeway from us so I'm going to need to hit that a few times.
It's the only one in the area and the opening day it had 3 hour waits :shock:

No burger is worth that.....but it's almost worth it. One of the best burgers in the world baby!

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
By the way, my weight is steady at 205 or so.

When I passed out and almost died it really made me change some things around.

They said I was as healthy as a horse. Perfect heart etc etc etc....I've always eaten pretty good.

I'm just taking things a little easier.....I firmly believe it was a stress thing.

Lisa may have a point. lol

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
in one post you are ready to get one of those heart attacks in a sack at the greasy in and out burger joint......

and in the next post you state you always eat healthy....

your right..it is a stress thing.......your pulling yourself 2 different directions and the day just started....your probably a nervous wreck before its over............

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Eating right doesn't mean eating right all the time Mr. Jim.

I don't eat every meal at the In-n-Out

A great man said in a post .....eat right 80% of the time and you can eat whatever you want 20% of the time.

That sounds about right.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
I always pack food, lots of sandwiches, protein shake, iced tea, diet pops, beer, coffee. I force myself to eat before the first job, usually an omelette with veggies and snausages and cheese. And between each job I eat as fast as I can because the jobs are usually close together. All day long it's drive-eat-work.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I get up at 6:00 when school is in session, now that it's out I sleep in till 6:30 feed horses, cats and dog. Get to the office at 7:00 drink an orange juice while I read the board.

I eat a bag of mixed nuts or a beef jerky for lunch, occassionally a salad and diet DrPepper.

My problem isn't lunch, it's after dinner I graze while watching TV. Summer is better for me I have a lot to do outside to keep me busy and away from grazing! :mrgreen:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Jim Martin said:
[quote="Lee Stockwell":8ckd5fpa]"Healthy as a horse"

....you DO know horses don't live all that long?

but a horses ass will out live us all............[/quote:8ckd5fpa]

Damn, I think I was just insulted. That was a good one Jim.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Brian R said:
[quote="Jim Martin":1rwzdo3i][quote="Lee Stockwell":1rwzdo3i]"Healthy as a horse"

....you DO know horses don't live all that long?

but a horses ass will out live us all............[/quote:1rwzdo3i]

Damn, I think I was just insulted. That was a good one Jim.[/quote:1rwzdo3i]

that was not meant for you.....or anyone particular....

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
I use to eat fast food daily while on the truck for many years, grab and go. Finally I started tracking just how much I spent on lunch alone, and sometimes even dinner too. I figured I could buy fresh deli meat, bread, and other things to go in for 1/5 less than I was spending each month. Turned into a $125 a month savings at $1500 a year. I can count on 1 hand this year so far how many times I've ate fast food. Anytime I've ate it, I feel like crap afterwards. All that abuse for so many years that I'm going to pay for later.

PS. Brian... its not always about YOU! :p

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Doc Holliday said:
I don't.........horses ass-Brian?

Are you sure it wasn't about him? :p

I better take it easy on him, wouldn't want blood on my hands! :mrgreen:

SEE! it IS always about me. F U HOody!

:lol:

I gave up fast food a long time ago....Is In-and-OUt Burger considered fast food? :roll:

But you have to be careful because you can get fast food right inside your favorite grocery store.

Stay to the outside aisles .

For the record, In-n-Out only uses organic meat and they cook their frys right there from the potato into the oil....lol...I think it's a healthy oil.

It's gettin dark in here...I'm feeling a littl....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom