Package cleaning

G

I have a new 1 st time going out and was going to do a package deal,
Gold, Silver, Bronze

Here who does this and dose it work well?

Just offer a full service cleaning which includes pre-vac and moving furniture and another package where you just clean the open areas. Everything else is just an add on (protectant, deodorizer, speed dry) and these should not be used to differentiate cleaning packages.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
SkyWaller said:
I have a new 1 st time going out and was going to do a package deal,
Gold, Silver, Bronze

Here who does this and dose it work well?

I'm curious what the differences are in your gold, silver, bronze packages?

we don't offer "packages", per say .
However, we will tailor to their needs/wants or budget.

...L.T.A.

bobkinnarney

When did leaving the carpet as dry as possible become an add on service? I always thought it was part of the job.

klewis4

We offer 3 packages. Basic, Classic, and Gold.

Basic = Traffic Areas with no moving of furniture by us or the customer.

Classic = Wall to Wall. We move the furniture. It also includes use of an Airpath fan for drying.

Gold = Classic + Teflon

All packages include pre-vacuum, pre-spotting, and post-grooming.

It works well. Though we did have some customers confused about Basic because we called Traffic Areas "Open Areas". We have since changed the wording to "Traffic Areas" and the problem seems to have gone away.

I like the package pricing. It allows us to fit into most people's budgets. Most people go for "Classic" though "Basic" is often more profitable for us considering the time saved by not moving furniture.

dgargan

Package cleaning is the smartest marketing idea to use bar none. The problem with most cleaners that have it is they don't know how to implement it correctly. i tried it several times over the years and couldn't get it to work right until Mark kennedy laid it all out in his program.

David

Fletch

Warren Wallace said:

For only $999.00 in three monthly payments, you too can know what you already knew, but someone convinced you that you didn't know and that it was a secret! Then you too will promote that others pay big money for it, so you can rationalize your actions and not look like a sucker! :?

(You may get a tidbit here or there, but most programs are just re-hashed ideas that you can get in books at a fraction of the cost, or at your local library.)

G

Fletch said:
Warren Wallace said:

For only $999.00 in three monthly payments, you too can know what you already knew, but someone convinced you that you didn't know and that it was a secret! Then you too will promote that others pay big money for it, so you can rationalize your actions and not look like a sucker! :?

(You may get a tidbit here or there, but most programs are just re-hashed ideas that you can get in books at a fraction of the cost, or at your local library.)

That is a perfect explanation of how guru's get poor slobs to pay them money. Good job of explaining it for the poor slobs who might get what you just said. :D

D

david2317123

Well, theres always the fear, that you could learn a couple of things and the price you pay will change your life. I dealt with Mark Kennedys lovely assistant jenny and i am going to be v kind and say she is a no nonsense secretary. She doesn't explain clearly to justify the difference between the $199 package and the $799 package nearly b as well as it should be explained. And in order to mae a sale she will convey a personal message from Mark Kennedy himself "Mark is worried about you". I ordered a $799 package and an hour of coaching and all i did was ask if he would consider giving me a first time only nominally sized discount for coaching only, only because i never heard of him before. He was worried about me!! He didn't even call me himself to let me know this, but he was kind enough to have the lovely and sweet jenny change my coaching appointment from the same night to 10 days later.
I'm sure he has a lot to offer, but once he runs out of info after teaching what he knows, he'll probably string you along as long as payment in full is issued.
I tiold him he could use some business advice and i offered 2 or 3 points which i know would make him thousands a day, so i offered my advice but he didn't respond to mty offer.
Honest,ly i did give jenny a very hard time, once she insulted my intelligence and sent mark a couple of condascending emails for the horse crap he sent my way. I've never heard bullcrap like that before in my 47 years alive sao far. And i'm gonna pay this guy to coach me.

gregvice

dgargan said:
Package cleaning is the smartest marketing idea to use bar none. The problem with most cleaners that have it is they don't know how to implement it correctly. i tried it several times over the years and couldn't get it to work right until Mark kennedy laid it all out in his program.

David

The above statement is right on the money.
The whole reason behind using packages is to make more money then you would without them and the key to that is how it is setup and implemented (There is a little psychology behind it). I believe Mark Kennedy's system is solid. He has it setup to where your customer ( on average ) chooses the package that you want them to choose. (which just happens to be your most profitable). It's not a big secret, nor is it rocket science. It's also not $999. I believe his pricing program is more like $199.

I'm relatively new to the business, so I still have lots to learn, but I would rather learn from the mistakes of those in the know. Whether they be called Gurus or not then spend 10-15 years struggling in this business. Just because someone is selling a system, does not make him a bad guy.

Bucey

Name
FFA?
do you still move large items such as beds heavy dressers and china cabinet, and entertainment centers? or just couches, end table, and normal bed room items?

dgargan

We never move beds,entertainment centers, large dressers, computer desks and the like. We only move basic stuff and that's only in our platinum package and it's our most expensive one.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I try to keep pricing simple, fair and easy to understand. The good better best is a nice idea but I just see it complicating negotiations with the customer. For example: How do you charge when they want you to move all the furniture in two rooms, traffic lanes only?
All my customers get the gold plated service.

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
dgargan said:
We never move beds,entertainment centers, large dressers, computer desks and the like. We only move basic stuff

Same here but you have to love the people that think your going to come clean their house to even reach the carpets.. lol

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
Clnthred said:
do you still move large items such as beds heavy dressers and china cabinet, and entertainment centers? or just couches, end table, and normal bed room items?

I believe Mark's system has 3 packages; Basic/Silver, Gold and Platinum.

Silver is prespay, hwe, open areas only, no furniture moving except little stuff like an umbrella rack or something like that. Pricing might be .28 or .30 p/s/f.

Gold is vacuum, prespray, aggitation of traffic lanes, hwe, protector and maybe deoderizer.. depending on your pricing strategy. Some might just add fragrance to their rinse and call it deoderizer. Pricing might be .45 or .48 p/s/f.

Platinum is everything Gold is but add furniture moving for an additional .15 extra p/s/f. So if you charged .45 p/s/f for Gold you'd charge .60 for Platinum or more.

Most people will choose Gold because Silver is bare bones and Platinum is over the top.. people aren't going to like the idea of paying you to move furniture when they can do it for nothing. And if they do choose that option.. at least you will get paid for it on top of your cleaning charges. Afterall, if you are going to move a house full of furniture, you might as well get paid for your time and sore back.

Bill

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom