Paid it off last month, this month a crack in the engine... Uggggggg.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Get me the engine type and code of the sticker and I will find it for you for less than 1700.

If the machine has given that many problems than I would call Rick Aranda and have him arrange an acceptable trade offer in for a new unit and be done with any and all negative feelings/dealing with that particular unit.

yes there is a dollar/frustration amount/point up to which it is tolerable but it sounds like you are past that, I DONT KNOW YOUR BUSINESS, SO THIS IS A GENERAL STATEMENT. Why not buy a new machine and get rid of the one you don't like or have a negative around?

What is it worth to you to have a machine that you believe is going to work well everyday and does actually work well every day worth to you?

I would definately make sure I would get a killer deal on the second one with what you went through on the first one, but you definately have options but I wouldn't spend a thousand dollars repairing the rear casing on your current leaky engine as it is not business wise.

Name
jack zerkie
Just replaced mine same motor . The original had the main shaft seal leaking had it fixed and worked fine.I purchased the same motor and added a oil cooler this time. To soon to tell but runs like a new motor. I was told to run at 3600 rps but the water temp is at 260 atm so I,m back to 3000 rps. . jz.

Reactions: Russ T.

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
http://tewarehouse.com/PA-CH640-3058

KohlerCH640.jpg

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Everything is different in Canadian dollars but I got 5000 hours out of my Honda engine with the only repairs was to replace the coils and tune ups. It would have cost me over $3000. to replace the engine so I had it rebuilt for 1,400.00 times like that, I wish I was an American. When you brought it back the first time to your supplier, it sounds like they should have replaced the engine under warranty. Cracks never get better. Listen to the Dealtime man there about replacing all the hoses and misc. stuff. You will have a close to new unit when you are done.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
i know of a Steam Genie machine that is JUS LIK NEW (28 hrs) i built it a few years back.......
it is in a SPOTLESS 01 chev 1 ton van.......it has a new Hydra cell pump and a 47 blower.....under $10 K'''

the guy jus wants outta business.....

upload_2016-9-26_1-55-40.png

Last edited:

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
if someone tells me 10 grand....that's retail...i don buy retail...
i have an automatic filter in my brain
that tells me what it can be bought for.....

i would offer $7500 and let him talk me up to 8K.....

the miles.....103K i think he sED..........

looks lik a creampuff!

the guy put a freshy tank in it and apparently didn't know what he was doing.......
it cavitates.... so it suckin air somewhere.....
i see it all the time......

NO offense...but a LOT of guys don know sh*t from shinola!

Reactions: BIG WOOD

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
I would say he is already out of business. 28hrs?

no he's got a slide in.....

he's been calling me almost a year

how many ways can i say ..."sucking air somewhure"

jus from the pics he sends.. i can see that he's got it plumbed wrong and he's moved the pump......

i never used a freshy tank....don know why one would.......

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
if the transfer pump is mounted above the water line, you will need to have a bleed hose to start it, then it should be fine. Every time you turn off the pump, the water eventually drains back in the tank leaving air in the line. Bleed it out and you're fine. Probably have to do it every job. If you can mount the pump low so you have a gravity feed, you shouldn't have any problems.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
if someone tells me 10 grand....that's retail...i don buy retail...
i have an automatic filter in my brain
that tells me what it can be bought for.....

i would offer $7500 and let him talk me up to 8K.....

the miles.....103K i think he sED..........

looks lik a creampuff!

the guy put a freshy tank in it and apparently didn't know what he was doing.......
it cavitates.... so it suckin air somewhere.....
i see it all the time......

NO offense...but a LOT of guys don know sh*t from shinola!
What's Shinola Bawb?

Reactions: bob vawter

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Just replaced mine same motor . The original had the main shaft seal leaking had it fixed and worked fine.I purchased the same motor and added a oil cooler this time. To soon to tell but runs like a new motor. I was told to run at 3600 rps but the water temp is at 260 atm so I,m back to 3000 rps. . jz.

Jack;
It is not ideal to run @ 3600 RPM.

Your machine was designed to give plenty of CFM at 2800 RPM.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
This is a good example of why I think all TM motors should be mounted with Rubber motor mounts. Sorry you're dealing with this.

BIG WOOD

The Timminator
Name
Matt w.
This is a good example of why I think all TM motors should be mounted with Rubber motor mounts. Sorry you're dealing with this.
At least the air cooled 2cylinders.

My 3cylinder kubota doesn't need it. It's so smooth compared to the Kohler and Briggs engines I've used

Reactions: Nomad74

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
Looking at the crack if it is a crack. It shouldn't be the cause of oil leaking. The gasket would be a full circle where the bolt goes through. the top of the circle should still be holding oil in.

If it is leaking beyond what is acceptable to you, then I would also second or third the opinion of a new engine. Paying 3-4 hundred for a new part then paying to install it would be throwing good money after bad. One of the reasons that older engines leak oil is because of crankcase pressure. Engines have a hose going to the intake that removes crankcase gasses and creates a negative air pressure in the crankcase. As the engine wears the gasses escaping past the pistons begins to create a positive pressure in the crankcase causing older engines to leak oil.

I understand it was leaking from the beginning but it is now a well used engine and sometimes it is very difficult to solve oil leaks.

Mikey P

Administrator
Good lord.

43441-jpeg.68578

Turns out the bevel is on the TOP of the motor... Nothing was changed to where the oil resides. Chris at RenoLink say they used more and better RTV, rant it under full load for 45 minutes and good so far

There should have been a recessed channle cut 360 around the mating surface IMO

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
I just got a new engine for about 2200. It was a BS 30hp. Plus 350 for a mechanic to do it. It was an oil leaker so i was glad to see it go. 150 an hour for actual run time times 2500 is a lot of money. Almost as good as an air mover!

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
Jack;
It is not ideal to run @ 3600 RPM.

Your machine was designed to give plenty of CFM at 2800 RPM.

I called Kohler and a guy said to run it at 3600 .. saying it needed the air intake to help cool. I didnt like how it was sounding so I keep mine at 3200

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom