Paid it off last month, this month a crack in the engine... Uggggggg.

BIG WOOD

The Timminator
Name
Matt w.
I called Kohler and a guy said to run it at 3600 .. saying it needed the air intake to help cool. I didnt like how it was sounding so I keep mine at 3200
Of course they told you that. It'll break down sooner and you'll buy another engine from them sooner. It's the same concept as Bissell selling their spot treatments over the counter. You use their method of cleaning carpet, your carpet will get dirtier faster and you'll either buy more of their crap, or buy one of their crap machines in walmart to clean it Sooner.

Call a reputable ,small engine mechanic. They'll tell you the truth

Reactions: Spurlington

BIG WOOD

The Timminator
Name
Matt w.
I called Kohler and a guy said to run it at 3600 .. saying it needed the air intake to help cool. I didnt like how it was sounding so I keep mine at 3200
It doesn't need any more air intake. It needs a bigger oil cooler. Have you seen that little tiny cooler on the side? It needs to be twice as big..

I don't know how Steam Action did it, but their truck mounts hold twice as much oil as a normal, stock Kohler engine. Sounds like the only way to go when purchasing an air cooled engine.

Mikey P

Administrator
Great point about Steam Action Matt

When I picked up my 370 last night I got a good look at that back plate and where the oil level is in relation to thr dips tick

Looked to me that twice the amount of oil could be used with out fear of over expansion

BIG WOOD

The Timminator
Name
Matt w.
Great point about Steam Action Matt

When I picked up my 370 last night I got a good look at that back plate and where the oil level is in relation to thr dips tick

Looked to me that twice the amount of oil could be used with out fear of over expansion
When I received my truck mount, I read the manual like it was a bible. I saw that it said it'll hold 3.2quarts of oil MAX. So I went outside to check the oil. It was right in the middle of low and max on the lines of the dipstick. So, after my first oil change, I added 3.5quarts just to see where it'd be on the dipstick. Low and behold, it was at the top of the line perfectly. Yet my manual said 3.2 quarts. It makes no sense why they would tell us that

BIG WOOD

The Timminator
Name
Matt w.
So I dug into the research some more. I found the manual for my engine on the Kubota website, and it says on the engine's manual that it'll hold 3.5 quarts. I wonder if it's just a misprint on the manual when they typed it out

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom