Pain in the hands..what to do???

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I was remembering today that my wrist was weak from a fall on some ice. Using the 2" wand aggravated it. I used a wrist brace to help. Eventually, and surprisingly, my chiropractor was able to manipulate the bones in the wrist. I had been working with a bum wrist since '89! One treatment cured it.
Wrist brace will help at the very least.

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
I called John Don and they told me that there is no feather touch valve available for the prochem quad. That's odd, I thought the quad was one of the more common wands.
I also looked into getting a more flexible leader hose but I was told that they are pretty much all the same. So I'm going to make a 8 footer hose with a swivel on each end. That might help. As far as the feather touch valve goes, do you guys know how I can get one for my wand?

John Watson

You have a feather touch on the prochem quad that I sold you. Lisa at GreenGlides can help if you need a repair kit. If I remember correctly, I first got a SS Valve body and 1 1/2 yr later Jeff (Greenie) toldme to switch back to brass for there was some problem with the SS

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
John Watson said:
You have a feather touch on the prochem quad that I sold you. Lisa at GreenGlides can help if you need a repair kit. If I remember correctly, I first got a SS Valve body and 1 1/2 yr later Jeff (Greenie) toldme to switch back to brass for there was some problem with the SS
Hi John
I had to replace the valve because it never worked. It was stuck in to on position and my local supplier didn't have the correct parts to fix it.So Now I have a brass valve. It looks identical to the one that was on the wand except it is brass. It seems to have a pretty light touch. How can I tell if it is a feather touch valve or not?
I'll give Greenie a call to see if I he can help identify what I have,.

John Watson

I bought the original soft touch from Cool Cuff Joe, Lisa has all the rebuildparts and new feather touches in brass. Hope you saved the old valve, I think the rebuildkit is about $6 compared to $40 for a prochem kit

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
alexnet74 said:
Of course it is.Read the thread I have one!:) Thanks for the advice anyways...
I just made a leader hose for my Quad.
A male cuff lynx fits perfectly over the tube of the wand then a 2 foot piece of 2" hose followed by a female and a male cuff lynx,creating a swivel. After that another 3 foot piece of hose with a swivel nylon piece( the one that has a barb connection) which connects to my first long piece of hose..
So I have two swivels very close to the wand.That should make the hose almost unnoticeable( I hope, I haven't tried it yet.). Also having that male cuff lynx on the wand extends the handle a little bit and since I'm 6'2" it might actually give me more reach with better posture..
Joe( I don't know his last name) who also makes custom wands told me that the Quad is really designed for shorter people and that I should look into one of his custom length titanium wands. I will do that, but in the meantime this might be a step in the right direction.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom