Paint on commercial glue down help??

curt johnson

Name
Curt Johnson
I'm cleaning a church that was just remodeled tomorrow. It is commercial glue down, there are several spots where paint was spilled during remodel. The paint is blue and red in another area, so obviously doesn't look good now. Some of these areas are probably a foot by 2 foot or so, rather large. Paint is water based.

What is best for getting out larger areas of paint like this, there are smaller spots too, but these big areas have me worried. And before you all give me a hard time, remember, I normally only clean carpet that isn't dirty!

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Bridgepoint's new spotter, All Solv Extreme together with Avenge Pro foaming stain remover work very well on dried paint spots. In fact last week I spray painted some carpet samples with oil-based paint. I will be doing demo of removing the paint on Friday.

Large areas can be very time consuming with any product unless the paint is a just a light over-spray from spray painting. A bonded insert may be the fastest solution if they have spare carpet or you can find carpet from a closet to swap out.

Name
Bruce
Is this something that looks like they tried to clean it up off of the carpet, kinda like a smear spot or is this a glob of paint? I find that if someone has spilled paint and tried to wipe it up , it will wash out of the carpet pretty easy.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Rubbing alcohol will dissolve latex paint.
It will take time and attention, as you can't soak or let dwell too long. Anything that dissolves latex paint could also dissolve the carpet's latex.
So you need to dissolve a little and rinse and so forth.

curt johnson

Name
Curt Johnson
There is both some overspray and there are about 3 large spots where the paint was spilled and wiped up. Paint has been on carpet for a week or so, so dry for sure......

Name
Fred H
I did a job last February for an appliance and cabinet store that was moving into a building that had been vacant for a few years. In the process they had painted the place by themselves with the end result being paint all over the commercial glue down carpeting. I went to Lowe's and got some odorless mineral spirits and used a trigger sprayer to apply it to the spots , hand scrubbed with a cimex encap pad until the paint dissolved and then used a dry microfiber towel. I then encapped the entire carpet. It turned out so good that I got two referrals to other businesses that were opening up in the same building.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
IMO paint is either going to come out OR NOT. It's only the fault of the painter for what they created. REALLY Hot water is the best way to remove LATEX paint.

curt johnson

Name
Curt Johnson
Here is the update, a lot of the paint came out with extracting. The "hard to get" areas I put rubbing alcohol in a spray bottle and used my trusty Magic Wand Jaws the Agitator to loosen up and then extract. It took a lot of time, 3000 sq.ft. of glue down with paint drops everywhere, got it done though.....looks very good.

Reactions: Ron Werner

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom