Painted Burlap Chair...

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
This is how it was described by somebody. I have to clean all this furniture for a fire that is out of town. Heading out this afternoon and was told one of the chairs looks like it's made out of a burlap sack that was painted.

What could this be?

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
... Hoodie.. doesnt' sound chintz to be... it very well could be a stenciled burlap. Don't draw too many assumptions till you have seen it and tested it. But if it is burlap, if you have a solvent upholstery cleaning tool for the oily smoke damage that maybe be best as, wet cleaning burlap ie Jute in most cases, is typically going to prone to dry rot, browning, possibly some shrinkage, and my guess won't hold that paint very well.

Another possibility it could be is a flat woven rug material made of course wool used to upholstery furniture. Its somewhat common and if its wool, it can be pretty durable.. all beit maybe not very comfy. Takes the some pictures if your stumped and just be sure to test!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
That's just too broad of a statement.

If it's heavy smoke on a dryclean only fabric it could be you can only clean with a release of liability.

If heavily soiled many of the solutions you will use can cause problems as Sweeney mentioned.

If light smoke, OMS and a towel is all I would do on special care fabrics. Vacuum first, OMS towel and spot only where needed.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Synthetic woven fabric with a man riding a horse. Same material as every half-leather half upholstered fish or hunting patterned chair or sofa. Couldn't have been more off if they had tried. Very light smoke little soot, cleaned with Judson juice and hi-dry upholstery tool.

Thanks guys. From the description I thought it was chaneil too. He just thought the pattern looked like a painting and the fabric was tough so must be burlap. Too funny.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom