PAM glue gun

SamIam

Name
sam miller
This thing really works put in 5 strips in under 2 minutes near stone fire place and wood entertainment center. No hammer needed!

[video=youtube_share;kpec-cZCkDs]http://youtu.be/kpec-cZCkDs[/video]

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
I can't speak specifically for that actual glue he is quoting, but I have come across that many jobs where they just pull out with a bit of tension. Sure, it was ok when the original installer only kicked it in with his knee kicker, but power stretch and they pop like crazy.

Also, if you are going to do this, I recommend doing smaller 6" lengths, they seem to hold better, and you get the product on the floor hotter whIch usually results in a better adhesion.

John

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I have tyed hot melt and as John said it is a half azz way it install tack. They do make tack adhesive that is very durable but it talks about 30 min to set up. Might as well just bring the drill and hammer.

Name
Lee Stockwell
The right adhesive makes all the difference in the world. Double row of tack strip also helps. Long term better than nails if done right.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
http://pamfast.com/index.php/news/h...glue_gun_now_available_in_an_extrusion_model/

Bought it a while back the original sticks for tackless got messed up my fault. so i wasnt getting good flow out of the gun. So i didnt review it cause I wasnt sure, got some new sticks and a damn if it doesnt work great.

ps I have a power stretcher and stretched a 1 inch gap across a 20 foot room. It held fine, Chemrex works great too just takes to long to set,

the glue sticks are not home depot sticks they're designed for this purpose. Bought mine at desoto sales they sell them to installers and all they hear is how great they are.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom