Paperless billing, the time is now.

Becker

Name
Becker
I've been thinking over the concept..

I just ordered 1000 3 part invoices.. Numbered etc.. $215.00 with tax..

That got me thinking.
Almost all my bills come via paperless.

In a time of cost cutting to increase profits I will now go paperless.
Not only will it save me money, but it will also save a tree or 2..

Here is how the program will work.

Invoices will be sent via PDF ( I do this already )

Receipts will be sent via email or text. ( This also already happens when they pay with CC )

Need a paper bill, or receipt?
No problem.. A small fee of $5.00 will be added to the total.
The fee will cover printing, envelope, postage, etc.
Of the $5.00 collected $1.50 will set aside and donated to a tree planting campaign.

I really think my clients will love the paperless program.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
nobody likes being nickled and dimed. a receipt should be free if they want one. I have very few customers that do.

gene

Becker

Name
Becker
GeneMiller said:
nobody likes being nickled and dimed. a receipt should be free if they want one. I have very few customers that do.

gene

Yes, so those few will endure a small fee.. No big deal.

Kinda like last time I was in vegas.
I got my room for an avg of $60.00 per night.
Not bad.
But I had to pay a resort fee of $9.75 per day.
Hmmm

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
and it pissed you off huh????

next time go stay on a bench...

there are things we "put up with"

adding pissy little details to carpet cleaning isnt one......

raise your price .02 and donate .005 to a tree hugger

and if they want an invoice or receipt (explain wtf the difference is anyway) then i get their email now...adds to my contact list...makes it easy...

then i put the info in and email it to them....

found a nifty little invoice program

Becker

Name
Becker
Glad u all are not my customers. This area us not as bad as santa Cruz. But we love our trees up here. I think all clients will live it!!

Becker

Name
Becker
My bank wants to start charging me $5.00 per month to use my debt card.

And I think it is completely fine. In fact cheap. That little card is do easy to use to pay at the pump. Stores. Heck I just paid for my nov vacation online with it.

Id figure a 10.00 month fee. Plus the 11.00 monthly bank fee to have a checking account is more than fair. I mean. They are protecting my money. I feel the value is 25 per month.

dgargan

Work the fee into your cleaning costs. Don't line item additional fee's. People hate it.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I'm planning to go paperless.

Email the invoice..Why?

1. Easy for me

2. Inexpensive for me

3. Less paperwork for me

4. I can grab the email address

5. Convenient for customer

6. Every major company is doing it and I think people hate paperwork. Digital files are the way to go.

In that order.

Name
I'm Rick James
Great timing for this thread guys.

Like you guys, I think its time to go paperless. Anyone suggest a good input program that could be used for a tablet?

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I've been paperless for well over 1.5 years now, except for WD I have not gone 100% paperless but it can be done with certain PDF apps on tablets.

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
I've had my repair business paperless as much as possible for the two years its been running. All my reports and invoices to carpet manufacturers and insurers, get emailed as pdf docs. For teh odd client taht wishes to have a reciept for their payment, I have a small cash receipt book that I carry in my Prado console. I'd be lucky to post one invoice per month out to the odd custy that is too old to have email.

My cleaning business, we've changed over to this just 2 months ago. Works well enough and I'm happy.

Our printer is lasting way longer between toner cartridges and our paper stock is just sitting.

Again, it's the odd client here and there that need a posted invoice. All others are emailed as pdf docs. Even with end of tenancy cleans, either we email a copy to the tenant, or directly to their property manager.

Often with private clients though, they don't need a formal invoice showing tax and our registered details etc, they just want the peace of mind that coems with a cash receipt so that if they are challenged, they can produce it as proof they paid the technician. I've not had any issues in this regard thankfully.

John

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I've been printing a copy of the quote/workorder/invoice for the client at their house, and I keep my records on the computer. Been doing this since 04. Sure keeps the filing cabinets empty.

One guy was mentioning that it works as a great way to get peoples' email since you explain that you are going paperless to be more environmentally friendly.
All you need is your software on a laptop or tablet, a program like PrimoPDF, and an aircard. Done.

Brent mentioned Invoice2Go on another thread, looks great except the desktop version price is $1200/yr. I think Service Monster would be a better investment for that kind of money from what I've been hearing.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom