Paperless... More or less.

Becker

Name
Becker
For the past 2 days now I have been going paperless.

I have the quickbooks app on my ipod and iphone.

So far it is working out very well, clients really like the " high tech" gadgetry.

Also running 100% on collecting email addresses.

I still carry the paper invoices, and will.

Another bonus, because the app syncs with my desktop, I have zero data entry at the end of the day.

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
Can you email them the reciept? Then you have a reason to collect address.

Becker

Name
Becker
Yes, as I'm filling in the fields, I ask. Can I have your email address to send you your receipt?

It is really cool when I press send and seconds later their phone beats and they pick it up and see my receipt.

Name
I'm Rick James
I've been paperless for awhile now through quickbooks.. runs great off my tablet and for some reason customers are blown away.

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
I just got on board with service monster this is really cool new I pad with Verizon 4g
my wife is sick and I am goin to have to be office person for a while I am afraid.
but for a small bus I really like sm so far.
i looked at on line qbooks but sm has a lot more to offer for me

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
i have been doing it for a while....though not through the phone....i still take the info home and send it to them...

though most are still impressed with square....paying through the phone...

and some are like "ohh is that, that square thing??"

Becker

Name
Becker
I've not written a single or invoice yet. Even had a 80 some year old couple yesterday that had an email for the receipt. One person, said, ahh I don't need a receipt. ( most cases useless to the homeowner) I still recorded it for my records.
If they pay by card, I swipe from the Ipad and have them sign.
I've got some other plans to utilize the ipad with clients.

Becker

Name
Becker
Yeah, I still carry a portable desk filled with 3 part NCR daily for that rare case I'm sure that I'll need to pen something out.
Otherwise, I just start creating an invoice, and if it is not a client that booked online, or I've already got the email for, I naturally just ask for the email, they just spit it out..

Now, yesterday I got an email from a client after leaving and the email was delivered.

" great work, as usual. And I like the paperless scheme
Cheers. "

Not only do I feel good about the cost savings, paper saves 3 sheets per invoice, but I live in a green area, clients like it, Oh and email harvesting might prove to be useful.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
for some businesses I do that I dont email to...i already print it ahead...

Havent "written" and invoice in almost 3 years....

A handful of my biz accts said things had to be "type written" for their imaging at corp....

Thats what got me started....

now this year i hope to dive in and let QB do a little more for me.....then just invoices....

Mind if i call you to get some tips if i get stuck???

steve_64

all of my apartment complexes want a paper invoice. im in the stone age around here. cell phones are high tech here.

you all better hope those sattelites keep working. to much technology for me to. when my pen runs out of ink its a crisis for me lol.

Becker

Name
Becker
all of my apartment complexes want a paper invoice. im in the stone age around here. cell phones are high tech here.

you all better hope those sattelites keep working. to much technology for me to. when my pen runs out of ink its a crisis for me lol.

I got the 3 part NCRs on standby, recorder are backed up daily on schedule.

So these complexes don't have emails attached to their computers, with printers attached to those?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom