Parker Paraflex

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
It's not as flexible as Nepture but it work blow black greasy oil out either.

Nepture is the easier to work with if you replace periodically, Parker is the next best once it gets broke in a little.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Whatever the latest stuff is that the board salesmen is selling is the bomb right now. If you can't keep up, then just order what you can find locally. In fact, Goodyear is still working fine for me.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
The only Parflex we replace is the lead hose. The rest will last the life of the truck.

Steel braid seems to have a lifespan of about two years, much less as a lead.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
The steel braid (Neptune) gets too hot, especially when running across the grass. It will kill the grass.

The Parker is more flexible (IMO), has a fabric braid that is not as hot to the touch, and will last a long time.

We use 130' or longer lead hose so as not to bring any QC's inside while cleaning.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
all these years..( a whole 9 of them )...I have never had any problems with good year hose....I tried the parker....don't care for a hose that fights me all day...

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
I'm loving my 3 100' Parker lines. They are all "inside hoses". Lightweight, and when they do fail, it's a little pinhole leak that hits you and it takes a few moments to realize what is happening. I use ther Goodyear hose hooked to the TM, a 50' one on the reel that goes to the house. An outside hose that will burst and spray boiling water everywhere. But it handles the high heat at the truck better than the Parker.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
been using Parker for 18 out of 21 years

i wouldn't hit a dog in azz with Ineptune .
It's an instant disaster waiting to happen

..L.T.A.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Ruff Hewn said:
been using Parker for 18 out of 21 years

i wouldn't hit a dog in azz with Ineptune .
It's an instant disaster waiting to happen

..L.T.A.

How hot do you run atm larry?

ive got 75 ft and i love it.. had it for about 6 years and as already said,, it can get a pinhole typically by the qd where it bends and u just get it fixed after the job..

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Art Kelley said:
I'm loving my 3 100' Parker lines. They are all "inside hoses". Lightweight, and when they do fail, it's a little pinhole leak that hits you and it takes a few moments to realize what is happening. I use ther Goodyear hose hooked to the TM, a 50' one on the reel that goes to the house. An outside hose that will burst and spray boiling water everywhere. But it handles the high heat at the truck better than the Parker.
This is almost the same set-up that we use . . .

Quality blue wire-braid (250°) for the first length or two (not Goodyear Neptune).

http://www3.cobbcarpet.com/zen3/ind...search_in_description=1&keyword=250+3000+hose

Parker Parflex (230°) for the remainder.

http://www3.cobbcarpet.com/zen3/ind...sult&search_in_description=1&keyword=230+1750

The Parker loses less heat, and slides easier on the carpet.

After break-in, it does become easier to handle.

Larry

steve g

Name
steve garrett
I have never actually needed to replace ANY of my paraflex hose. I have had then ends repaired one time on my 100 footer but other than that been running the same hoses for the last 8 years!!!!! 8 freaking years lets see before that I was replacing 200 feet of good year EVERY year. thats about $300 bucks a year, or by now I would have spent $2500 on new hoses in that time. paraflex has saved me 2 grand in hose expense, AND its still saving me money who the heck knows when I will need to replace it. it also IMO puts about 7 or 8 degrees hotter water to the wand because it holds the heat in better. its not quite as limp as goodyear but I am NEVER bothered by working with it. I also don't burn grass. if your still using goodyear you are out of the loop.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Different people have different things that set them off. I can see why hearing about the potential of hose ruptures could turn a buyer off of Goodyear and I have personally experienced the hassle and annoyance of having the Paraflex hose wrap around my feet and knock things off tables and such. For me, the super coiling of the Paraflex was unbearable, for others it's the supposed problem with hose rumpturing. Everybody is different.

Personally, I have never had a Goodyear hose rupture on me, and I have been using it for almost 25 years now. What I actually DO see is the ends where they connect to the quick-connects getting soft. When I see that, it's time to replace the hose. That doesn't happen every 12 months like clockwork. It can be 18 months and in a couple cases I have got two years out of a hose.

Replacing my lead 50' section of hose is worth not having to put up with hose coiling up around my feet.

But then, while I am not a super rich cleaner, I am not a broke cleaner either and can afford to replace a section of hose when needed.

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
I had some paraflex that was dark Orange in color and loved it, one day the liner inside the whole line split in two, but it was a pretty old hose. I bought some new, and it was crazy stiff and hard to manage, even after a year of use. It was a light Orange hose. I don't know if there are different types available?

I got three years of HARD use out of my steel braid hose.

It never gave my any problems and I could have used it longer, but I decided to get some new.

Carry your hose in, don't drag it around corners, DON'T RUN IT LIVE, and you will get years of trouble free service out of it.

I could never work with that stiff hose

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Marty said:
I have personally experienced the hassle and annoyance of having the Paraflex hose wrap around my feet and knock things off tables and such. For me, the super coiling of the Paraflex was unbearable, for others it's the supposed problem with hose rumpturing. Everybody is different.

Personally, I have never had a Goodyear hose rupture on me, and I have been using it for almost 25 years now. What I actually DO see is the ends where they connect to the quick-connects getting soft. When I see that, it's time to replace the hose. That doesn't happen every 12 months like clockwork. It can be 18 months and in a couple cases I have got two years out of a hose.

Replacing my lead 50' section of hose is worth not having to put up with hose coiling up around my feet.

But then, while I am not a super rich cleaner, I am not a broke cleaner either and can afford to replace a section of hose when needed.

As was mentioned the Parker hose does mellow out after a while and loses it's super coiling. I don't remember if it was after a few weeks or a few months, but I certainly won't throw it out after a year or two, maybe have an end recrimped. If you buy the Goodyear hose which costs 1/2 as much as the Parker, and only run a 50' hose in the house, then you always have a QQ in the house to snag walls and furniture. And then you have to throw it out after a year or two? Just pop for the more expensive Parker, buy at least a 100' line, and use it for 10 to 20 years.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Ruff Hewn said:
I also don't burn grass.

maybe high plains grass is different ...but it sure will burn Ohio grass
It won't melt/distort olie/poly cut pile though like steel braid

..L.T.A.

his shit just dont get as hot :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

cuz i got parker...and i have burned a few.....which is why i just bought some lawn darts J/K J/K J/K J/K

i have some steel braid that is uhhhh well lets just say old.....i rotate it around, and keep the oldest out side......90% of jobs thoughit only needs the 125' of parker i have.....sometimes i need an extra 50'...but other then that....

and i found that parker got looser.....and now is becoming a PITA again no won ton soup for you! no won ton soup for you! no won ton soup for you! no won ton soup for you!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom