Parker Solution Hose Tangled Mess

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Not going back to Goodyear Black Death. But with Parker Hose after every room I clean I have to disconect my solution line and untangle it from my vac hose. Parker has its advantages but its a mother fooker to work with. What do you guys think?

Golden Boy

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Like you say, you don't worry about it suddenly bursting while you're in the bathroom thinking about the government and you come out to a shower cascading over the bannister onto the vestibule below like the Goodyear hose did for me. That's worth the struggle it can give you, but the Parker Parflex hose does soften up in time and with lots of use becomes more manageable. Plus it's light as a feather which is a huge plus.

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
I've never have a problem with Parker hose.
Most guys that do coil it to tightly or put it away hot on a small real and when it cools developes quite a memory.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Never understood the logic of running the solution hose separate from the vacuum hose.
Been tying them together for over twenty years, every six months I straighten them, never seem to be an issue.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Most guys do it so we can use a hydro force to pre spray with

Ofer doesn't prespray, he puts the traffic lane cleaner in the rinse solution like Bawb used to do. Not only does the job go faster but the customers call you back sooner.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Ofer doesn't prespray, he puts the traffic lane cleaner in the rinse solution like Bawb used to do. Not only does the job go faster but the customers call you back sooner.

Doesn't everyone? :winky:
It's a two/fer: Carpet looks great when I'm done and clients don't have to go through a prolonged separation anxiety :smile:

Most guys do it so we can use a hydro force to pre spray with
I use Hydroforce all the time Mike. Instead of doing it with the solution hose that tries constantly to wrap itself around my legs, I walk with the vacuum hose which acts a lot more civilly :winky:
I've tried the other way, didn't work for me. Try it, see how it works for you.

Last edited:

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
What do you guys think?

I think you need to learn hose management , Neffew
Much of which is learning to tango with the wand...not tangle with it

your Uncle Jimbo is trying to teach you to dance on the other thread .
Pay attention

..L.T.A.

ThaBeast

Name
Dave

So thats why Bawb freaked when I told him I tossed my injection system

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk while peeing in the new tech's coffee

hogjowl

Idiot™
There is no "learning" how to use Parker hose. You just have to learn to put up with it. It is a pain in the ass! For those of you who complain about black death with Goodyear hoses, I say raise you prices enough to enable you to replace it in a timely fashion.

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Marty I just had black death after 4 months with Rubber Hose crap. Trust me I did not have a lot of hours on them. Distributors want to sell you the Crap cuz they know u dont have to replace Parker that often.

Golden Boyl

FLYERMAN

Supportive Member
Name
Ken Raddon
I know what you're talking about but I minimize it by never turning around in a room. If I go left to clean a closet/area I come out of that area and turn right to keep from crossing over my hose. That helps minimize the coiling effect. Every few rooms I will un hook the vac hose and pull it out of the coiled mess. The solution hose will just lay there a lot looser. It works better than trying to pull the solution line out of the cluster**** at the bottom of the stairs for example.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
you guys using goodyear my goodness, I just could never ever go back to it. its good for a year and has to be replaced. so far I have been using parker and have yet to actually wear one out yet, I have had my 100 footer that greenie sold me back in the day repaired twice. each time about 2 foot has been taken off. I have a couple yellow sections I bought from cobb even before that, that have never been touched. parker will never be the limp non coily hose goodyear is. BUT it does get better with use, and for the most part doesn't bother me at all anymore. it holds 7-8 degrees more temp to the wand, doesn't burn grass, and the cost savings is amazing. I would have needed to purchase about 2000 feet of goodyear by now to have lasted this long. all that money saved is money in my pocket and its still working!!! a couple goodyear hose stories that come to mind, another buddy, ie not me was cleaning in a very nice home at the top of a stairway. this area went up to about 20 feet high over an open entry way. hose let go, entire entry way had to be repainted. scaffolding had to be setup etc. ummm big freaking mess. another guy this time was actually cleaning in the headquarters office of rainbow international, ie where they sell the franchises. started machine up, had a talk with one of the guys there, went to clean 10 mins later, there was now a water damage to be mitigated as well as ruined computers and printers in the office to be replaced. I have had to clean upholstery I didn't intend on doing. oh the best advice I can tell if you black death comes your way. first hope like hell the customer is not watching, next take the wand and key it directly on the black death. and just pressure wash it, SOMETIMES this works good enough to get away with it. if you try to clean it off the wall with a towel that will not work. don't ask me how I know all this stuff.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom