(Part 2) oh....no one called you?! Now they did!!!!

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
You might recall this post in early December I made: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=52920

Well, today I got the call from the owner who went with the other company in December, did not call us....we showed up and as you might recall from our earlier post, Told us they had went with someone else, and someone forgot to call us to let us know. We were dissapointed, but thanked them and went home since the other company was on the way.

Today, the owner called and said "I guess I made a mistake as to what company I had chosen". Could you please come in and fix the carpet and put us on a monthly schedule. Wow I thought....I will stop by and look at the carpets yet today.....after seeing them I really said WOW!!! The other company just tried to fix their mess again for the second time, 2 weeks ago by coming and and trying to encap them. They used their truckmount the first time and made a mess. They are worse now than when I first looked to clean them. Gonna be a work out, but I didn't make any promises. Just told them we will try our best and see if we can make all of us happy. Under promise and be hopeful to succeed.

I guess all in all....as I have believed....Don't burn your bridges. I am now getting full price. Will see how it works out. I never hold my breath that I have landed a "sweet deal". Maybe could be a great account, but I am happy that we were professional and given the opportunity to maybe have a good client. Time will tell.

We are cleaning the place Wednesday night.

Mark Saiger
www.saigers.com

RGH269

Name
Bobby Hales
Good deal, makes you forget about how mad you were and glad you took the high road. I've had that same thing happen a couple of times, they went on to become some of my best customers.

Jay_wat

Supportive Member
Name
Jay Watson
nicely done!

Dad and i would say " Thank you and keep us in mind if you need any cleaning or issues arise".

and like it happened for you,,we would get a call back later. be great to see some before and after pics of your job!

Jay

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Here are some pics of what I saw today. Carpets were cleaned 12/20 with a truck mount and then just encapped 2 weeks ago to try and correct their problems. Carpet is only a year old. Look worse today then when I first saw them in December.

20120130_133351.jpg

20120130_133345.jpg

20120130_133337.jpg

20120130_133328.jpg

Mark Saiger
http://www.saigers.com

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
That's great Mark!

It looks like a problem with whom ever is doing their floors. They let stripper and mop water run back into the carpet. That's a mess for sure!

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
It doesn't take much to dominate in this business. Just be the least mentally retarded carpet cleaner people call. Never, ever, be jealous of your local competitors. Even when they do work for one of your custys. Just wait for the other shoe to drop.

Bob Foster

That's a good one! Definitely want to stay on top of those light carpets monthly with that traffic.

Try Slop and Gobble on that one - you'll love it.

I hope the guy has a monthly walk off mat contract too.

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Probably should let the Pros handle that one. Call Merles Steam Cleaning. They will get it clean.

Golden Boy

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Looks like a residue issue to me, especially if it wasn't like that prior to cleaning. Pays to lay down the soap prior to cleaning than to leave the carpet loaded with soap.

P.S. Waldo- I'd like to see that email from Mark.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
So Mark,

What caused that?

If it's not the stripper like Richard said(sure looks like it), only other thing I can think of - is way to much soap/detergent(residue) in their rinse.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Pretty sure its residue and soil left behind. We will give it then full meal deal and see how it goes. I was told it also turned brown after 1st cleaning as everything wicked back up. Not sure what we will all run into but will be prepared. I actually think the other flooring around is a laminate. No wax but the slop bucket was there when we were there today loaded with dirty mop and water.

Mark

Doug Rice

Supportive Member
I think the problem might be the floor cleaner they are using on the hard floor. If they are using a degreaser or something like pinesol it will give the same results. Get them on some neutral cleaner after you get the account.

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
So if you cant get them clean. Does this mean you are a Hack? Or just a really fooked up carpet?

Golden Boy

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
when people choose by price, they get what they pay for.
Glad you got the 2nd chance.

thats an olefin berber, isn't it?

take a look at the outside of the building and see what's being tracked in.
You got your work cut out for you. Anything worth vacuuming will be stuff down in the backing and will loosen when it gets wet. That residue will be hard to get totally out. It'll prob look great right after cleaning, but the next day will tell.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I'd question if they encapped at all.

If they had the carpet would not be attracting soil to it, like it looks like it is in the photo. What ever is in the carpet has a sticky residue which is attracting the soil to it.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
We are going to go in and vaccum a lot and see what we can get out of it, then hit it with the "juices", CRB it, Extract and also leave air movers over night to speed dry it. We have our rotary extractors also if needed. Time will tell what will work best as we get into it. Gonna go in "Loaded for Bear"! I am going to see if I can shoot some video on the phone and at least take pics.

Mark Saiger
www.saigers.com

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Over wet, over soaped...............and adding a SCAMPOO on top of that?

vacuum, rinse with acid rinse and then post bonnet clean.

K P

Might want to reiterate that those are "walk off " areas as well to whom ever is concerned.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Re: (Part 2) oh....no one called you?! Now they did! FINAL

2 rx 20's, 2 Butler High heat truck mounts. We pre vaccumed and the vacs would stick in the traffic lanes, tried to wand it out after prespray and CRB's....had to break out the Rx's. 1.5 hours with the 2 units. Customers are happy....we are happy. Moral of Story....Don't burn your bridges, get the job and get the customers who eventually know the value of service....after a bad experience.

And Mikey...I so wanted to make Mikey's Fest, but time will not allow again for me this February.....I hope to make it someday soon though!

20120201_194001.jpg

20120201_194852.jpg

20120201_200516.jpg

20120201_200755.jpg

20120201_205121.jpg

20120201_205418.jpg

20120201_211628.jpg

20120201_211639.jpg

20120201_220121.jpg

Mark Saiger
http://www.saigers.com

Name
Lee Stockwell
I love it when the good guys WIN!

Good job. Now let them know you will follow up if some of that old crap wicks up somewhere...cuz it might.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Prespray was mixture or Harvard Grime release pro, Butler trafiic lane, steam pros powdered peroxide and CT I energy. (I know quite a witches brew) rinsed with Harvard heavy duty (alkaline rinse). Been a good combo for me when needed. Debated using Judson system but went with this combo. Has been good for me in a past situation such as this.

Mark Saiger
www.saigers.com

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom