Performer 405 Winterizing

Newman

Name
Chris Newman
I can not fit this van into my shop yet, but I am getting close.

The manual states "At present, it is only possible to winterize units that do not have an axillary water tank"

I am thinking that I can use standard valves to drain the water tank then install the fitting for the winterizing loop right at the fresh water tank outlet.

Is it OK to run anti freeze through the sureflow pump?

Last night I attempted to strategically inject compressed air into multiple orifices to remove all of the water, but I just can not be sure it is working thoroughly.

Any Ideas so I do not have to reinvent the wheel?

Yeah, I know - buy electric heaters.

Chris A

Name
Chris
I've run rv antifreeze through my boats water lines every year without an issue, same pump, same setup. In fact I'd put a few gallons through the system from the outlet on the tank and not think twice about it.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I'd use washer fluid that's rated for freezing temps, put it in your water box and run throughout your system. Its much easier to flush out than real antifreeze.

Make sure it gets throughout you pressure and chem system. Open bypass valves, chem meter everwhere. If it were me I'd bypass the preheaters and drain them. They are always the first to freeze and it will only slow startup temps a little bit. Bring in your tools and solution hoses to avoid damage to them.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Are you using this unit daily? Its real easy to miss something even if you are winterizing. I would still tent the unit and push hot air from a heater into the tent.

Able 1

Name
Keith
If your not going to run any heat in it at all you should also remove your gauges (pressure, vac. Ect...). If they freeze they don't read right..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom