Permission to photograph

Name
Steve Lawrence
Hey All,
Do any of you use any kind of release form that allows you to use photographs or video of a cleaning project for use in your advertising or web site? I'd be interested to know how to set up a proper and legal form.

Thanks for any info!

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Hey All,
Do any of you use any kind of release form that allows you to use photographs or video of a cleaning project for use in your advertising or web site? I'd be interested to know how to set up a proper and legal form.
Thanks for any info!

Steve, I don't have a form for them, but I do certainly ask first.

Reactions: Steve Lawrence

FredC

Village Idiot
I'd probably look elsewhere for info on a subject like this. While there may be people here who have some sort of form /disclaimer I think you would be better served reading up on the subject on photography/law sites and of course making sure your state doesn't have laws/requirements specific to the issue. This will also yield tons of examples:

photo release form

permission photo

but the absolute best way to set up a "proper and legal form" is to get a lawyer to do it

Last edited:

Big Jim

Name
James Milne
We always video our water damage work. It allows us to use any frame/photo we may need. It's way better than trying to get just the one right shot. We also video tape asking the customer for permission to due so as we tell them what we intend to use it for. You can use it as backup to paperwork.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We take lots of photo's but just don't include anything that could be seen as a specific person's home. For commercial work the the jobs are public businesses and honestly never asked or been questioned about taking photos. :redface:

We use lots of those images on our website, facebook page and in printed brochures, flyers and handouts. :eekk:

Of course we are clear out yonder in the sticks.

2012-07-13_09-40-42_936_zpszhr3ddcu.jpg

DSCN4780_zpsvr1azp82.jpg

IMG_1234_zpsekluzfwo.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
I wanna come see that setup to. Very nice!

We don't ask permission nor have the customer sign a form. We are not taking pictures of anything specific but the carpet that we are cleaning. We don't use the customers name or anything that would be extremely noticeable of someones home. Customers always encourage us to take pictures because they see our FB page. They take pics to and half the time post them to the page. Many of the pictures they post I have to delete because even though it came out good, the angle or lighting they take the picture in makes it look bad. We use FB for advertising purposes only so we always make sure it looks nice and neat.

Our techs take pictures anyways just incase there is ever a call about a job. Picture away.. and if you wind up posting or advertising a picture a customer wants taken down, just do it and move on. Out of probably 300 Before/Afters we have, never been asked once to remove one.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
One thing, is focus on the work (meaning the carpet you are cleaning as an example) and not any of the environment around that work (such as any home details, reference points) because there are a lot of similar looking carpets and pieces of furniture out there.

Also, don't use the words "Dirty Carpet, Filthy Carpet" such terms as that.... Heavily Soiled carpets better term (which you probably know that too)

Also, try to still keep the shots of soiled carpets, upholstery, tile and grout cleaning still "Classy" in nature....even if super soiled, there is still a professional way to show them and pull it off for other to see your work and what you are capable of doing.

Just some thoughts that we work on anyway.... :)

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Richard, is that standard practice to leave your trucks wide open like that? Do you ever have issues with things disappearing?
Yea I hate that. We had two water trucks at a church in central part of town and I would walk out there and close them and someone would go unload equipment and leave them open again.

Yes, its pretty common and while I don't like it I understand. All I would ask is that they use some judgement, if you're in a bad part of town, close them up.

Average water loss is over 2K, that pretty much keeps you out of the bad parts of town, its the commercial work where we can be anywhere.

Disappearing?
In the 48-years we've been in business I'm sure its happened.

Although I would say the equipment is at much bigger risk when drying in public space. A guy can just walk up, unplug a few units and walk away. No one would know who he was or if he was suppose to pick them up or not. That has happened over the last 10-years for a couple of airmovers and a large dehumidifier.

Name
I'm Rick James
I looked into this last year because I was curious about this too. I was on another forum and people kept posting pictures of customers belongings, home and in some cases them with out consent.. I just thought how stupid and classless it was, some was making fun of the people and situation.

From my understanding of the situation.. no you can't and you can be sued by the home owner. You can if there is a crime or a disaster. Just think about it, what if your electrician comes into your house to do work and then take random pictures of the inside of your home.. of you, would you like it? Then can you imagine the customer finding out that you took photos of them and their property to post online to a forum to make fun of. That sure says a lot about the lack of character the person taking and posting those photos has.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom