~Peroxide~

lets see a show of hands.

• Total voters

harryhides

Name
Tony
Sorry guys, but I buy Peroxide, MSDS sheet and all from a local farm supply store and I buy Ammonia MSDS and all from a local Janitorial supplier.

I do dilute the Peroxide but then I also dilute most traffic lane cleaners into an unlabeled Hydroforce sprayer.
Problem for me is that, while I can buy various 2 part stain removers for 5 times the cost plus shipping and customs, duty and paperwork they also all have a fairly short shelf life and soon become rather expensive waste.
My own experience with the concentrated Peroxide is that it is very stable until I mix up a gallon of RTU product that will be good for a week or so for my Techs.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
How can you say that adding 40 vol Peroxide as a booster is home brewering and unethical when there are so many other manufactured boosters on the market? I mean to list a few: Energizer, Energy, Grease Breaker, CitrisForce ASD ext.. If manufacturers offer all of these products that can be added to any prespray or rinse, how can we produce the msds for that combo? Just some question for thought Shawn. :idea:

Able 1

Name
Keith
I would hope you guys will teach me how to use it I bought some 40vol. today and I have a guy that had a bottle of red wine explode in his Lexus tomarrow morning. :shock:

He said he had tried a bunch of stuff and it smells real bad...

So to you suppliers that think this lesson on 40vol would bad for you, think again!

If I know how to use 40vol I won't muck up the Lexus which would mean that I won't have to pay for the damages. Which in turn gives me more money to spend with you on other products that are not watered down products that I can get else where much cheaper!

I'm not going to try the 40vol. tomarrow on the car but it would be nice to have all the knowledge that I possible because I will be using it shortly.

Mikey P

Administrator
Don't be a puss Keith.

Put some in a trigger sprayer (straight) and douse it real well. let it sit for twenty minutes while you set up your rig. Pre spray it with your favorite well formulated pre spray and watch it all disappear.

If any red stain remains spray it again and cover it with plastic for 8 hours.

I should not have to tell you to not try this on the leather or plastic trim.

And if the wine is on the floor mats put them in the sun for even faster "magic"

and wear gloves until you reach peroxide puberty.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Mikey P said:
Don't be a puss Keith.

Put some in a trigger sprayer (straight) and douse it real well. let it sit for twenty minutes while you set up your rig. Pre spray it with your favorite well formulated pre spray and watch it all disappear.

If any red stain remains spray it again and cover it with plastic for 8 hours.

Ok, I'll try it!

I would not put it on leather I saw what 20vol. did to my hands... Freaked me out! Now that I know it's "normal" I'm good! I will wear gloves though it seems to point out every cut on my hands.

He tried amonia should I rinse first?

Mikey P

Administrator
Here is what I want to do.

Terje and I will come up with a long list of questions regarding safe, proper and effective use of Peroxide.

We will then copy the list and give it to the following people.

Pemberton
Olson
Warrington
Forsythe
Cobb
Yeadon

From there I will post all the answers in a new ongoing thread and then we can open it up to further questions.

If any one else would like to give the list a shot please let me know.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
one thing i would like to know is when you should use an oxidizer over a reducer, a neighbor of mine had a plant stain, you know where the pot had been on a polyester carpet, it was from over watering the plant, so more of a browning stain. so naturally I am thinking reducer acidic, that faded it a bit after cleaning, but it was still there, the other day I stopped by and asked if I could try something else, I took some of cobbs sodium percarbonate and ammonia of course with a little water as well to dissolve the SP, I hit the spot with this mix in a spray bottle and ba boom it was gone nearly instantly. I have always been taught to use acidic products on pet stains which are reducers, I guess we have all been taught wrong

Farenheit251

One product to take out everything. My worst fear. It is already way too easy for anyone with a truckmount and a decent prespray to make 8o% of the nylon carpets look good. I;m actually thankful for the occasional tough job that gives my competition a chance to open the door for me.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
BrianE said:
One product to take out everything. My worst fear. It is already way too easy for anyone with a truckmount and a decent prespray to make 8o% of the nylon carpets look good. I;m actually thankful for the occasional tough job that gives my competition a chance to open the door for me.

I get that.
Was kinda being sarcastic but it would be cool to make it easy on ourselves...but no one pays for easy.

theden

I think a class would be very helpful for two reasons. One, give customer the benefit of us using it and , two, keep us out of trouble

Greenie

I tell lots of guys to pick up a half gal at Sally's, but I only address 20 volume (6%), I ain't gonna talk about 40 vol or higher, I can just see billy bob spraying 40 vo. straight on cottom fringes, or a haitian sofa and putting it in the sun! :!: :shock: :!:

With Power comes Responsibility.

Able 1

Name
Keith
The 40vol. worked pretty good in that car today... I went with a plastic dropper worried about over spray. Soaked it down and half of the stain came out. I think if he would have called me right after or before he thought he could get it out I would have had much better success.

Able 1

Name
Keith
I did and covered it in plastic like you said I'll find out tomarrow how it went.

Is this vol.40 like other red stain products in that a iron would help lift the stain?

Mikey P

Administrator
I hope you added a little Ammonia to what you left behind.

Yes heat can help.

But it can also lead to too much color loss. Very risky.

Able 1

Name
Keith
:shock: what will happen if I didn't? I didn't see that in your post that was probably what you meant by "well formulated pre-spray"

The car wasn't very impressive as he lead me on to believe, actually kind of a pos. so what ever happends, happends it's under the seat..

See we need this whole learning experience! Or at least I do! How much ammonia?

Mikey P

Administrator
:shock:

YOU DIDN"T APPLY AMMONIA?

What???

oh lordy lordy.

he will be calling @ 6 am complaining that he can see his floor boards where the spots once were.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Mikey P said:
:shock:

YOU DIDN"T APPLY AMMONIA?

What???

oh lordy lordy.

he will be calling @ 6 am complaining that he can see his floor boards where the spots once were.

You dick! I got that sick feeling like I just ran over my neighbor's puppy! (It has never happened just think that would be how I would feel) :roll:

Greenie

and it ain't much ammonia either, 10% or 10 parts Perox to 1 part Amo will do it, it's just a catalyst, you don't want to stink up the place.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
Shawn Forsythe said:
Steve,

Cgheck the Cleaners Magazine "library" on this bulletin board. There is thread that covers your question.

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=12854

I normally use sodium percarbonate for my peroxide needs, you said in your post that this is already highly alkaline, does this mean adding some ammonia with this stuff is really unnecessary??

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom