PET PEEVES ABOUT CUSTOMERS

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
We all have our silent pet peeves about customers, whats yours?

1.Pull up to find the driveway full of cars when you called the day before telling them to move them.

2. Not home even though you called to confirm also the day before.
3. Husband has no clue what all you need to clean.
4.Teenagers still sleeping in rooms you have to clean.
5. House is not ready to clean because they didn't pick up stuff.
6. Have to do the whole house and they are not ready so they ask you to "Start" in the first
room closest to the front door.
7. You ask that they secure their pets in another room so they won't run out the door or bite
you.Instead they ignore you and let the animals run wild and get in your way.
8. Domestic squabbles why you are there.
9. Someone takes a shit in the hallway bathroom as you are cleaning down the hallway.
You are to CLEAN that bathroom.
10. You are done cleaning and wrapping up the hoses on the truck and they ask you if you
cleaned a room in the basement that wasn't mentioned.
11. Those people who stand behind you and watch you clean.

Anymore?

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Walrus said:

9. Someone takes a shit in the hallway bathroom as you are cleaning down the hallway.

Anymore?

That was me. :oops: I like to share my body's bounty.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Let's not forget the "fan" of competitors coupons tastefully laid on on the table for you to look at.

Then you get the sweet, innocent question:

"You do match your competitors offers, don't you?"

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I still love

"They told me it would only be this much over the phone"

They act like we don't talk to the people in the office.

Hell, sometimes it was me that didn't give them a price over the phone.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Or how about

"you give discount?"

Why, do I know you?

This used to happen in San Jose alot. Right after they asked.

"you washy carpet?"

They pretend not to speak english so they can make it harder on you to get a price. ugh.

The good ole days.

kmdineen

Name
Kevin Dineen
Yakking on the phone when you are waiting to go over the job so you can start,
When they spend 5 minuets looking for their check book to pay you.
When you spend 5 minuets looking for them so they can write you a check, especially if they have been in your way all day and as soon as you wrap up, they disappear.
When you explain that once you run your hoses you will be blocking their car in the drive way until your done and are told "it's ok I am not going anywhere." You just start rinsing your first room and they remember a important errand that they must run now.

G

Or the custy that decides now is the perfect time to start spraying down Resolve professional spot remover; and when you tell her it isn't as good as what you use she keeps on; and then replies that I needed to use it!! And you respond that it causes way to much FOAMING and that it may leave white residue that you will have to dump about an extra 50 gallons of water into her home to get it al out!! :evil:

But being a nice guy I just turn red walk out to the van and fume wildly!!!

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
when the lady books the job, but phones back a couple days later to say her husband booked with another cleaner. Do they not talk to each other??
I've always wondered, why didn't they call the "other" cleaner and cancel him?

there is all kinds of dirt and pet crap right where I need to bring in the hoses

you get everything cleaned, packed up, and the kid or pet runs in the house with muddy feet

when they say, Oh, I'll help you move the furniture
or they want you to move something you don't normally move (why do we do it anyway??)
or they pull all the furn out into the middle

rjfdube said:
Or the custy that decides now is the perfect time to start spraying down Resolve professional spot remover; and when you tell her it isn't as good as what you use she keeps on; and then replies that I needed to use it!! And you respond that it causes way to much FOAMING and that it may leave white residue that you will have to dump about an extra 50 gallons of water into her home to get it al out!! :evil:

But being a nice guy I just turn red walk out to the van and fume wildly!!!
I just thought of a reply to this. Tell her that Resolve is not/may not be compatible with the "professional" solutions and that I am not responsible for any bleaching that may occur.
And/or that if those spots foam and slow down my work, I'd have to charge an extra 50 for spot removal

hogjowl

Idiot™
Very little of the stuff you guys are talking about ever happen to me. Oh sure, every blue moon, something like this will occur, but hardly often enough to even remember the last time.

It has to be my great customer skills and stearling personality that sets me apart from you bottom feeders that makes the difference.

Or, people in Alabama are just better people than were you live.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Yeah Jim P. I've run into that laying out the lowballers coupons hoping you feel guilty or willing to match them. I feel insulted when they do that. Had a manager for a jewlery store do that to me and when I said, "Do your customer's bring in coupons from other stores to show you? " He had no reply.

I always enjoyed and cringed when they move all the furniture into the middle of the room.
No explanation seems to satisfy their BLANK look.

BRSUMMERVILLE

When you finished the job and then they asked for a 30% discount. I would respond with" Would you take a 30% cut of your pay check".

Bob Rock

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
You guys have some terrible customers the only ones I ever run into are
cars in the driveway then I pull out front and ask if they are leaving if not I pull an extra ten feet of hose

People watching me. I am so slow I chitchat anyhow and point out stupid stuff they don't really know and give them carpet care pointers

I would love to be in the middle of the domestic dispute escpecially a couple lesbos, clothes may be flying

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
admiralclean said:
Very little of the stuff you guys are talking about ever happen to me. Oh sure, every blue moon, something like this will occur, but hardly often enough to even remember the last time.

It has to be my great customer skills and stearling personality that sets me apart from you bottom feeders that makes the difference.

Or your Alabama customers are out picking up aluminum cans to pay you and lot rent for the trailer

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
My biggest pet peeve is the out of control mutt. The owner just lets the thing jump all over you when they open the door. Always followed by... "he'll stop once he gets to know you".

Never mind all the scratches on my arms and legs. Kicking one of those mutts would be priceless!

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I agree Dirk those scratches on my leg hurt!

And mrs customer I don't want to bend down and pet your friggen dog!

had one who always wanted to hump me and the mrs just ignored it.
So getting back into the bedrooms I gave it a swift kick in its ass!

I should carry some liquid pepper spray to spray its snoot .

Rex Tyus

admiralclean said:

I am with Marty on this one. It happens but not very often. The most common is the cars in the drive way but that is ok cause I am pulling on the grass to get to the front door anyway. :twisted:

If anything like not being ready, kids asleep, start in the front... I just reschedule and move to the next appointment. If it is a tight schedule that day I would rather inconvienience the one that caused the delay than the other people I have to service. If it is a slow day I will tolerate more.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I bet Mikey loves it when we start a thread subject that has been beatin to death by other threads as to keep up the posts so the banner guys are happy.

Didn't we just do about 4 pages of this a month ago?

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Doesn't happen everyday.

Its just a list that peeves me off.

John Buxton

Or you have an appointment at say 9:00 and at 9:01 your phone rings "Are you still coming?" I know its my fault I'm a bit late but come on. Call the phone company and see waht they give you as an appointment.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
admiralclean said:

...the old man in the RV in New Mexico intimidated you so much you lost your brand new gas cap...............

Rex Tyus

Walrus said:
Doesn't happen everyday.

Its just a list that peeves me off.

I understand. I just wanted to publicly agree with marty for a change. :wink:

Walrus said:

1.Pull up to find the driveway full of cars when you called the day before telling them to move them.

2. Not home even though you called to confirm also the day before.
3. Husband has no clue what all you need to clean.
4.Teenagers still sleeping in rooms you have to clean.
5. House is not ready to clean because they didn't pick up stuff.
6. Have to do the whole house and they are not ready so they ask you to "Start" in the first
room closest to the front door.
7. You ask that they secure their pets in another room so they won't run out the door or bite
you.Instead they ignore you and let the animals run wild and get in your way.
8. Domestic squabbles why you are there.
10. You are done cleaning and wrapping up the hoses on the truck and they ask you if you
cleaned a room in the basement that wasn't mentioned.
11. Those people who stand behind you and watch you clean.

Anymore?

But if you like I can help you with how to deal with those difficult situations.

1. Like I said tell them (very politely but let them know you are on a schedule) to please move the offending vehicles while you preinspect and write the ticket, or if they prefer youcan just pull up on the grass.
2. Always get an emergency contact number when you SCEDULE the appointment and call ON THE WAY TO THE APPOINTMENT. The day before is better than nothing but still leaving to much to chance.
3. You should obtain this info during the sheduling phase.
4. This one can be a bit tricky. Just let them know they have until you get set up to be the **** out of the way with their under wear picked up too.
5. and 6. Reschedule
7. Get a propane burner like I have and spray their ass wi the hydroforce., Anything above 200 degrees will do wonders. If it is a pit bull or equally agresseve dog, be firm but polite in you direction to have the pet secure. Or see 5 & 6.
8. ALWAYS take the chics side.
9. You are on your own on that one. Not had that happen here.
10. Make sure they understand how much it will cost BEFORE you unroll the hoses again.
11. Step on their toe and elbow chest on the back stroke. Only takes once. Of course appologise profusely. :twisted:

John Buxton said:
Or you have an appointment at say 9:00 and at 9:01 your phone rings "Are you still coming?" I know its my fault I'm a bit late but come on. Call the phone company and see waht they give you as an appointment.

Always add an "ish" to any time given. Never give an exact time.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom