PET URINE IS GOING TO BE THE DEATH OF ME :(

cleanking

Name
Jordan King
they are loose rugs.. we vacuum first back and front then add prespray then hot water extraction
we have had both cat and dog urine in rugs
some pets have still been in the home and some have passed away

The reason you're not solving the problem is because it literally has nothing to do with where the urine came from, how old, whatever, those are all very unimportant details.

The bigger issue is you aren't going to come close to removing urine in the foundation of the rug with HWE. It will never happen.

Honestly if you don't know this much about rug cleaning you should really consider doing one of the following:

1. Find a local rug cleaner who knows what they're doing, negotiate some wholesale pricing, and outsource to them.

2. Get to a hands on class ASAP, check out Master Rug Cleaner and ARCS. Lots of acceptable options out there.

Good luck.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Jordan is right.
What you also need to consider is that if the rug has different dyes, unless you know how to stabilize them, particularly if (yet not limited to) soaking, it may bleed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kellie Hiler

T Monahan

Supportive Member
Name
Tom Monahan
Jordan is right.
What you also need to consider is that if the rug has different dyes, unless you know how to stabilize them, it may bleed.

This remark makes me think it would be prudent to start a thread about dye bleed management.

Expressions like "stabilize", "lock", etc. would make for a good thread.

rmann

Name
Robert Mann
I am interested as well, Tom. There is a lot of discussion about products that will 'fix' dyes during the cleaning process, or make them rinse from a rug without re-attaching to places you don't want them to be. I have almost no experience with these products. I've also noticed that you don't seem to sell anything like that in your chemical line up. What's your take on these treatments?

Reactions: cleanking

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I may not have chosen the right words. I was not referring to locking the dyes etc., just trying to point out that the dyes (particularly in a soaking situation as advised in some previous posts) may bleed. And if they do, it will make it even more complicated to correct.

I am familiar with "Dye Lock" though I never actually tried it in such circumstances.

Be delighted to learn both from Mr. Mann, Tom and others.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I, as well. I have never used dye loc either. I usually go with a cool acidic treatment for bleeders which also helps to dissolve alkaline salts from urine. I am thinking of attending Scott W.'s class in Seattle in November. I have heard of people treating whole rugs in a reducing treatment to correct dye bleed. I would like to learn more about color correction.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
This remark makes me think it would be prudent to start a thread about dye bleed management.

Expressions like "stabilize", "lock", etc. would make for a good thread.
Gee Tom. What a tease! We're still waiting here.
This is like farting in the room and looking alarmingly at everyone else.

Are you gonna do that promised thread? Or is it just:

Klibanfart.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: T Monahan

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
No need to fret: Call me up and I will talk to you: 734.260.5038

We do urine removal everyday 100% successfully. We love the stinky rugs.

Watch the video on this page: https://www.centrumforce.com/products/u-turn-urine-removal-1-gallon

So I thought U-Turn was more expensive then other similar products, but It seems I was wrong because. U-Turn dilution is 1 oz to make 1 gallon RTU...making U-turn a better value.

we spray the rug with an Acid rinse first to counter the Hi Ph of the old Urine-- this also help rinse out the urine better and reduces the change of dye bleed. we use cold water. You may have to flush the rug multiple times.
This will remove the bulk of the urine-- then soak rug in U-Turn.. Follow direction from centrum force website. This will reduce the amount of U-Turn you will need to use, but will require more labor time.

Mighty Phil

Name
Philip Mathot
Certainly not to be undermining other products, but AA Natural Urine Pro Plus is a highly effective, excellent value for money product that competes in the "colloidal micelle" line of products - which probably should more correctly be known as nano-emulsions.

T Monahan

Supportive Member
Name
Tom Monahan
Phil,

Are you a rug washing located in England?

Thanks in advance.

p.s.

Interesting choice of words:

un·der·mine:

1. erode the base or foundation of (a rock formation).

synonyms: erode, wear away, eat away at "rivers undermined their banks"

dig or excavate beneath (a building or fortification) so as to make it collapse.

2. damage or weaken (someone or something), especially gradually or insidiously.

"this could undermine years of hard work"

synonyms: subvert, undercut, sabotage, threaten, weaken, compromise, diminish, reduce, impair, mar, spoil, ruin, damage, hurt, injure, cripple, sap, shake; informaldrag through the mud

"their integrity is being undermined"

Latest posts

Latest Auctions

Back
Top Bottom