Pet Urine

Condog

Name
Tony
Daughter is having me clean her carpet for her. Her cat urinated on her carpet. I was thinking of using Odorx (unleashed or un-duz-it). I have a small version (8"x 11" book sized version) of the waterclaw. I plan to saturate the area, wait as per instructions, than extract. Any recommendations or advice? This is my first urine extraction.

Thanks gentlemen.

Reactions: Trip Moses

AdamDumphy

Name
Adam Dumphy
Cats are always repeat offenders. Dogs have accidents because of the owners negligence. Cats do it on purpose to piss you off.
Yeah if you don't clean the litter box regularly they'll piss anywhere to get your attention. And if its a male and its not fixed they just spray whenever they want to remark their area

Reactions: Cleanworks

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I had a customer with 2 male Siamese cats. They would fight and mark over the others territory for dominance. They sprayed along the baseboards so much, they were rotted out. Wife loved her cats, I think the husband, not so much. The house stank like you wouldn't believe.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Tony, Unleashed and P-Lime Zyme are both wonderful products. I haven’t tried P-Sor, but Marty swears by it.
In general, suck the pee out first (if it is still wet), then apply the product. Circle the spot so the product presses inwards instead of pushing the urine outwards. Dilute and dwell per instructions. Do not over soak.
Flush well, but spend extra time on the suction.
Good luck!

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
What do you all do for old ladies who have cat pee problems but can’t spend hundreds to properly extract it? Peroxide on the surface for stains but what about odor?

I’ve head Pro’s Choice OS-1 can be poured in spots and not rinsed as it’s an encap.

I have a job coming up where the car has been dead for a year but the smell is still there. I’m only charging the poor lady $100 but I can’t be doing sub-surface stuff for that.

She just wants an improvement.

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
What do you all do for old ladies who have cat pee problems but can’t spend hundreds to properly extract it? Peroxide on the surface for stains but what about odor?

I’ve head Pro’s Choice OS-1 can be poured in spots and not rinsed as it’s an encap.

I have a job coming up where the car has been dead for a year but the smell is still there. I’m only charging the poor lady $100 but I can’t be doing sub-surface stuff for that.

I'm not 1 of the pee pee pro's..

but I mix up acid rinse in a pump up and add HP so its around 6-10% depending on fibre, spray affected area down liberally give 10 mins dwell then regular prespray and rinse giving extra dry strokes over original spot
*then post spray peroxide for staining

Last edited:

Condog

Name
Tony
Tony, Unleashed and P-Lime Zyme are both wonderful products. I haven’t tried P-Sor, but Marty swears by it.
In general, suck the pee out first (if it is still wet), then apply the product. Circle the spot so the product presses inwards instead of pushing the urine outwards. Dilute and dwell per instructions. Do not over soak.
Flush well, but spend extra time on the suction.
Good luck!
Thank you,
I'll do that.

Condog

Name
Tony

That's nice to be able to help.
I'm sure I'll run into the same situation.
I appreciate the advice, you can take care of limited income customers, while not giving the top notch care you charge other customers more money for.
Seems like a good idea.
My wife and daughter are all about baking soda and essential oils. I wonder if an essential oil is doable, or does that create problems?

• Dislike
Reactions: Hack Attack

Condog

Name
Tony
I'm not 1 of the pee pee pro's..

but I mix up acid rinse in a pump up and add HP so its around 6-10% depending on fibre, spray affected area down liberally give 10 mins dwell then regular prespray and rinse giving extra dry strokes over original spot
Hi Dan,
Does that do anything for odor?

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
Hi Dan,
Does that do anything for odor?
yep the pH shift from alkaline to acid knocks a lot of the smell, and the hydrogen peroxide also knocks a lot of the biological stuff.. for how long dunno?

@Nomad74 seems to do way more than me and uses different approach

As I said I'm not a pee pro but makes big difference on the job and no call backs :shifty:

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Uh duz it and p lyme is the way to go for odor. Un duz take an hour tho.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
My wife and daughter are all about baking soda and essential oils. I wonder if an essential oil is doable, or does that create problems?

there are professional juices available, Tony.
you'll be better served using them compared to "home remedy".

acids, quats, enzymes, pairing agents and oxidizers (or combos of) are what is used for urine decon

Oxidizers (like peroxide and sodium percarbonate ) have been most effective from my experience .
butt...I'm not a pee-pee expUrt either ...though I did get pretty good at writing my name in the snow.
(something you southern folk have very little to no experience with)

..L.T.A.

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris

acids, quats, enzymes, pairing agents and oxidizers (or combos of) are what is used for urine decon

Oxidizers (like peroxide and sodium percarbonate ) have been most effective from my experience .
butt...I'm not a pee-pee expUrt either ...though I did get pretty good at writing my name in the snow.

..L.T.A.
Just noticed you're also from god's county...
Browns fan?

scotty747

Used p-lyme yesterday on a 4 ft. dog piss spot that has been there for months. Four to 1 in the HF. It was gone by the time I finished prespraying the rest of the house and brought the vac hose in. At least the piss color. Foamed like hell when rinsing from her using natures miracle. Also tested a huge soil filtration area from the furnace vent. Ds2, krud kutter, and g-force booster. I"ll be back today to see which one actually worked the best. initially it looked like the Ds2.

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
I am a ridiculous Browns fan. Grew up with them and was a teenager during the Kosar years. I watched my dad weep after the drive and after the fumble.

Reactions: Dolly Llama

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
Mr. Lurk I'm glad you succeeded.
Could you tell us your method?
Thanks for the reply.
Nevermind. Didn’t work. Pulled the pad.
4AE7092F-AF8E-4B6F-9563-D7CAE781697D.jpeg

Condog

Name
Tony
yep the pH shift from alkaline to acid knocks a lot of the smell, and the hydrogen peroxide also knocks a lot of the biological stuff.. for how long dunno?

@Nomad74 seems to do way more than me and uses different approach

As I said I'm not a pee pro but makes big difference on the job and no call backs :shifty:
Thanks Dan

Condog

Name
Tony

..L.T.A.
I appreciate you sharing your exPErienCe

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom