PetZone

Grant D

I have a couple questions those of you who use this might be able to help me with. I liked the idea of this product because it is combining to methods of attacking the odor in one product, the oxidizing powder, plus hydrocide at the same time.

First I am wondering if it is "ok" to use the hottest tap water I can get, which I'm guessing is usually in the neighborhood of about 120 deg? as the directions say it's best to use 160+. I have no way of getting the water this hot at custy's home.

Today I mixed up a gallon of this product, and poured the entire gallon over one stain approximately 8" by 18". I figured that was overkill but wanted to be sure it got down into the pad. I then treated the stains in the other rooms, etc. Setup my steamin demon and by the time I flushed the area with the demon it had been over 30 mins. I flushed it really good and then did many very slow passes. Before leaving I bent down to smell the spot and it still smelled like pee.

Does it need to dry before the odor will be gone or did I do something wrong? If this product "needs" to have water of 160 degrees or more and I can't do it I guess I'll need to find another product to use.

Ron K

Tried it have half a Jar if any one wants it. I did mix as per instructions and followed directions too.

topnotchman

with these type products, you really need hot hot water, more then from tap water. I tried that, and it couldn't dissolve all the way and left granules after I was done flushing. I get my hot water from the truckmount. It seemed to me the smell would go away after the area dried.

Name
Nate W.
I haven't used the product but you could use a bucket heater or electric kettle to make the hot tap water hotter.

Joel D

Name
Joel Darker
ive used it with tap water seemed to work as well or better than osr. I mix it let sit a couple minutes shake some more etc. till i cant see any more granuals.

also would have used a spot claw if putting that much product on. than mix up a gal or 2 with an acid rinse. claw it again and check out if the waters running clear. than maybe spray alittle petzone on again after and leave it.

once you get the pad wet it could liven up the smell down there and the urine in the pad is most likely a much bigger area so you have to really flush it

Joel D

Name
Joel Darker
now that i think about it i did have trouble in a couple of homes where their tap water didnt get that hot and i always forget the bucket heater.

you could just find their water heater and crank up the dial :mrgreen:

Mikey P

Administrator
Can you hook a water claw up to a Steamon Deamon?

Flush those pee puddles with loads of water first, until it runs clear through the look see top of the claw, THEN use your deo product.

Name
Nate W.
Mikey P said:
Can you hook a water claw up to a Steamon Deamon?

Flush those pee puddles with loads of water first, until it runs clear through the look see top of the claw, THEN use your deo product.

You could. There's that clear window made of plexi glass to interchange with one that has a port for upholstery cleaning. May only be limited to 1.5" unless they make or you modify it to 2" port.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
The hotter the water the better. I think a minimum temperature of around 140 F to completely solve a problem.

One gallon would cover about 4 to 5 sq. ft of carpet with 1/2" or 5/8" cushion underneath. Your area of 8" x 18" would only be about 1 sq. ft. So it would only require about a quart of the mixed solution.

Moisture makes odors more noticable. (That is why a wet dog smells worse than a dry dog.) So the odor may still be detectable until the spot is dry. I would bet that anyone standing up would not detect any odor after using PetZONE, just a little odor when you put your nose in the wet carpet.

Remember, unlike some products that require 8 ounces (cupful) per gallon, you only need 6 ounces with PEtZONE. If you overuse it, you can get white powdery crystals on the surface after it dries. These will usually rinse away pretty easily.

Grant D

Thanks for the comments. I don't see the point in trying to hook up a claw to this thing. The main advantage of this thing's one 3-stager that I can see is that it only has to pull the water about 8" off the ground. What I do instead is I push down on the front bar which pushes the weight in the front down. I just thought of this trick recently, and upon pushing down on it a lot of extra stuff does come up. Slower than a TM with a large water claw, but my 3 gallon spotter with spot water claw is ridiculously slow.

I think I'll get an electric kettle pot for this purpose, that should work great.

To compensate for any powder that doesn't dissolve I've been mixing at 8 oz/gal instead of the 6. It sounds like the purpose of the heat is to dissolve the powder, but IF you can get the powder dissolved well at a lower temp then it SHOULD still work well???

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Grant D said:
It sounds like the purpose of the heat is to dissolve the powder, but IF you can get the powder dissolved well at a lower temp then it SHOULD still work well???

The purpose of the temperature is to activate certain ingredients. Even if you can disolve the water at lower temperatures, it works better at high temps.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom