PIA customer dilemma

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
A PIA customer booked online. My tech says he is the worst. Basically wants to fly 1st class at economy prices.
If he got booked on my tech's route, i would cancel his appt. But he is on mine.
im trying to decide if i should cancel him Now, either by email or phone call.
Or wait until the appt-- where i can "train" him to the new reality- and then decide if i want to "fire him" immediately if he fails at this new training.

Name
Jeff T
I’ve got a customer like that on Thursday.
Her husband works in the oil industry.
This is their summer home. The place has 4 full sets of stairs, multiple bedrooms, living areas, and carpeting on the sun deck.
It’s always a pigsty, and she thinks I’ll clean the entire place for 200$...
The job is worth 7-900$.
She’s in for a big surprise....
I’m walking in, looking it over, and dropping a HUGE, I don’t want you as my customer, number on her.
Take it, or leave it.....
She tells me that the guy she uses at her main house, does all the carpeting, and upholstery for 500$....
And he’s apparently there all day....

Reactions: Papa John

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
I've currently only got 1 on my JiMmY list

been there twice before, both times she added rooms on and whinged and moaned and asked why I couldn't stick with my original price

she got a friend to book me 2 weeks ago gave my phone estimate, then she said the address.. :eekk:

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
when a customer starts off this way, it’s an indication of what coming. I dump them fast.

There is a group of people that without fail (and they’re not from India China or white American) not all not all but most, scrutinize me pricing over the phone, “Do you use my water? Do you use my electric? I don’t understand how you charge if you are not cleaning under furniture”

The moment they begin talking this way, I engage them and agree. Then they ask for appt. “sure ma’am, I am 7 months out, what day would you like?
There’re next words is “WHAT!”
I say yes ma’am my services are in great demand at the moment, I will be glad to pen you in 7 months from today’s date.

What would you like to do ma’am?

Enough with the garbage.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Raphael, when after being stood up twice the same person calls me precisely at 10:00 and asks why I’m late (I actually was parked in front of her house), then begins the grind-down, my price goes at least two egos higher.

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
Servicing the public is a trip.

I once got cursed out on a estimate job site commercial by the foreman for not wearing a hard hat. I was polite the whole time and thank him for his time after being chewed out.

As I was leaving he stopped me someways away from his crew. Apologized and said he was just trying to keep his tough man attitude in front of his crew and proceeded that I should understand. I thanked him again and we departed in good terms.
That was 19 years ago....I still have that same contract with the same company.

On the flip side, you never know how your treatment, respect for the other person no matter how obnoxious they may behave, can lead to a successful business relationship for many years to come.

Sometimes it’s pretty obvious over the phone...in other times in person your handling of the other person can cause them to melt down. Life is too short and not worth you allowing anything to pull your goat....learned that and still in class learning everyday I awaken on this side of heaven.

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
I’ve told about the store manager I drove 60 miles to give an estimate to.
I gave my price and he gave me what he thought was his thinking price. He told me I could think about it on the way back to OKC. I told him once I left, I wouldn’t think about it again. Obviously, I was wrong, I still type about it😂

Reactions: Cleanworks

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Servicing the public is a trip.

I once got cursed out on a estimate job site commercial by the foreman for not wearing a hard hat. I was polite the whole time and thank him for his time after being chewed out.

As I was leaving he stopped me someways away from his crew. Apologized and said he was just trying to keep his tough man attitude in front of his crew and proceeded that I should understand. I thanked him again and we departed in good terms.
That was 19 years ago....I still have that same contract with the same company.

On the flip side, you never know how your treatment, respect for the other person no matter how obnoxious they may behave, can lead to a successful business relationship for many years to come.

Sometimes it’s pretty obvious over the phone...in other times in person your handling of the other person can cause them to melt down. Life is too short and not worth you allowing anything to pull your goat....learned that and still in class learning everyday I awaken on this side of heaven.
I did a job today where the lady told about her efforts to find a carpet cleaner. The first company she called, (sounds like a bowl of fruit) the receptionist was so abrupt and rude, she decided she didn't like them. The second company, (sounds like having sex) wanted to send an estimator first. She booked an appointment for the estimator but then called me. I was able to price it over the phone, discuss her filtration and stain problems and she ended up booking with me. She called up the second company to let them know that she no longer needed the estimator and they said nothing and hung up on her. With great customer service like that, it's no wonder I'm number one in my service area.

Newman

Name
Chris Newman
Had to blacklist another one yesterday. There were other warning signs but she topped out at "I thought you said you were a professional. Last time I had my carpets cleaned by a professional I could see the dirt he removed when he emptied his machine into the sink. I can not even see the dirt you are removing, are you even cleaning the carpets?"

Only amateurs use truck mounts.

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
20190711_153017.jpg
sometimes when they don't give you enough info they've given you enough smh

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
Today I took care of this "PIA customer" for which this topic was started for.

I decided to use my Dale Carnegie training and OCD cleaning to win this guy over.
he paid the more then in the past, and he even tipped me. he was also very appreciative and respectful.
If I made it a personal attack and about Him-- he could have become an adversary.
instead, I made The City's ordinances and high cost as the enemy and won him over to my side.
Bottom line:
Life is easier if you have people helping you instead of working against you-- so always try to be kind.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Today I took care of this "PIA customer" for which this topic was started for.

I decided to use my Dale Carnegie training and OCD cleaning to win this guy over.
he paid the more then in the past, and he even tipped me. he was also very appreciative and respectful.
If I made it a personal attack and about Him-- he could have become an adversary.
instead, I made The City's ordinances and high cost as the enemy and won him over to my side.
Bottom line:
Life is easier if you have people helping you instead of working against you-- so always try to be kind.

That's my motto...!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom