pics from Mikefest 3... from Gary Heacock

Mikey P

Administrator
Friday Feb 24th 2006.
Pics taken at a motel in Santa Cruz CA. during Mikefest doing carpet cleaning in several rooms by different machines.
2 sofas taken outside for convenient cleaning, and everyone can easily see what and how it is done.
Sofa01.JPG

I am preparing to clean 2 sofas by "Speedy Furniture Cleaning" using Bi-O-Kleen products Spray and Wipe cleaner sprayed on by a trigger sprayer, then using a Makita drill motor with an 8 inch Fiber Plus Pad first, followed by an 8 inch furniture/stair bonnet.
The rotary shampoo brush was not used in this demo.
The green sofa is nylon chenille fabric.
Note long handled bath brush, used for grooming pile fabric when finished cleaning.
Sofa02.JPG
Sofa03.JPG

Next pics courtesy of Brian Luddy

Applying Bi-O-Kleen products Spray and Wipe cleaner to all seat cushions first. Note cushions stacked for ease of cleaning.
Throw pillows also sprayed before cleaning with Fiber Plus Pad.
All 3 throw pillows cleaned then set aside.

Sofa04.JPG
Sofa05.JPG

Sofa06.JPG
Sofa07.JPG
First all the edges and front of seat cushions cleaned, then the tops of seat cushions, cleaned, turned over, second side (now on top) cleaned, then rotated to the bottom of the stack, then next soiled cushion cleaned, then it is rotated to the bottom of the stack, so each one is cleaned without bending over, all at a good working height.
Sofa08.JPG
Sofa09.JPG
Sofa10.JPG
Sofa11.JPG
Next 2 Pics courtesy of Loren Egland

Sofa11A.JPG
Sofa11B.JPG

Second sofa is cotton, blue denim.
Cleaned the same way, but using Releasit Encapsulating Detergent Encap-Clean in a trigger sprayer.
Sofas all cleaned, ready to be taken back inside.
Time to clean by this method- 7 to 8 minutes per sofa.
Sofa12.JPG
Sofa13.JPG

Saturday Feb 25, 2006.
Pics courtesy of Keith Collins
Beige cotton chenille sofa with smoke damage, supplied by Keith Collins for the demo.
Me in gray, Jim Eckman in flowered shirt and shorts.
Note 3 soot deposits on front of base of sofa.
dsc01343.JPG
dsc01345.JPG

Jim Eckman dry vacuuming sofa with hose connected to truck mount off camera.
dsc01346.JPG
dsc01348.JPG
dsc01349.JPG
dsc01355.JPG

Lisa Smith-Lydon with right angle polisher and bonnet used to clean 1/2 of this sofa.
My Makita drill motor had dead batteries.
Jim Eckman used a Prochem furniture tool connected to a Truck Mount for the other half.
dsc01357.JPG
dsc01361.JPG
Sofa tilted onto it's back for easy cleaning of front base. Bac-Out attempted for removal of soot deposits, but did not work. Soot deposits removed by Bi-O-Kleen products Spray and Wipe cleaner sprayed on, agitated, wiped off with a towel.
Then rest of front base, and sides cleaned by spraying on Spray and Wipe cleaner then agitating with the polisher. When finished, sofa set back on it's feet.
dsc01358.JPG
dsc01366.JPG
dsc01370.JPG
dsc01371.JPG
Sofa set back on it's feet. Note soot deposits gone.
dsc01388.JPG
dsc01389.JPG
dsc01390.JPG

Jim Eckman cleaning cushions with Prochem upholstery tool connected to a Truck Mount.
dsc01386.JPG
dsc01391.JPG
dsc01392.JPG

Bi-O-Kleen products and other items given away at the shindig.
dsc01374.JPG

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
I remember the motel and all the trucks set up for demos.....mostly carpet cleaning. I missed the sofa demo?? Gary's as good as they come.

Becker

Name
Becker
I see I was there. But all I remember is the aftermath of Odin's van getting totaled outside that motel.

I never did ask how he got home.

Becker

Name
Becker
I'm just glad Terry was not hurt or even killed, it was horrible!
I just did not realize how bad the damage was till a few weeks later when Terry shared his damages here.
:icon_twisted:

I do recall getting into the hot tub with 3 hotties, and one less than avg chick on the 1st night. Till the hotel management sent the girls packing.

Last edited:

Becker

Name
Becker
No, he and all the other dudes were standing on all their tongues outside Chuck, Terry and Jim's room until I broke the ice, then a parade of guys filtered into the pool area.

I think I heard Chad say, he would meet up later, something about craigslist.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
I see I was there. But all I remember is the aftermath of Odin's van getting totaled outside that motel.

I never did ask how he got home.

I might not have been there that year. Did Mike haul you's to the same motel in 06?

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
I remember seeing that thread back then.

Previously, Gary had explained the whole encap/upholstery cleaning thing at Connections in the Riviera to me.

And gave me one of those brushes to go on the drill driver. :smile:

I think back then, Lisa came along with a bloody great machine/polisher/grinder from Harbour Freight.??

:stir: Why is it that every pic that Tony Wheelwright is in, he's sitting down drinking? :stir:

Gary was especially good with silks if anyone remembers.

:bullshit: fresh from Cairns.

Mikey P

Administrator
look at that all star cast!
dsc01346.JPG

Evan Kessler
Shawn York
Taf and Dee Dee Baig
Tony
Terje
Eckman

oh the comments I am withholding....

curt johnson

Name
Curt Johnson
this really breaks the rule of no photographic proof......

I remember Don and the hot tub.....I don't remember though if this was the year I verbally assaulted the super attractive lady at the Windjammer (or whatever that bar across street from hotel is named)????

That is, after I beat her boyfriend's ass at dice or whatever that game was.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
this really breaks the rule of no photographic proof......

I remember Don and the hot tub.....I don't remember though if this was the year I verbally assaulted the super attractive lady at the Windjammer (or whatever that bar across street from hotel is named)????

That is, after I beat her boyfriend's ass at dice or whatever that game was.

With every cell phone having a camera nowadays........nothing will go unrecorded at these events. Always act as though your Mom is watchin'...........

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom