Pics of new mytee manifold.. not so good

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
I finally installed the new manifold. I am putting the old one back on tommorrow.
I did one wet backward pass to show what's going on.. as you can see, the jets are way off. Look at the little tiny clean areas.
I have had great service from mytee, but why would they put this out? My original straight bar seems to be the best.

Come on john I know something has to give.

I am wanting to get a new wand anyways because all of the paint has come off the head of the bentley and it looks rough

IMG_20110919_003340.jpg

IMG_20110919_003329.jpg

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

Mikey P

Administrator
no streaking issues at all with mine, looks like your jets are clogged or shooting straight down.

Mine just wont stay put.

every joint needs a lock nut :!:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Looks great!
Look at how nice and clean the lines are where the jets are hitting. Now just clean the rest of it and you're good. :shock:

Jets too close to the carpet? or are there any jets in the manifold?

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Joey;

It looks like the jets are way too close to the carpet.

Rotate them up about an inch and retry.

Here is a picture of our #9502 jet height:

Bent%20SS%20Manif.jpg

Edited to show SS manifold

Larry

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Thanks larry. Here is a pic of my manifold before I put it on.. its different than yours. I have adjusted this thing a lot with no success
IMG_20110311_225725.jpg

FredC

Village Idiot
what angle jets? Did you have narrower jets when the old manifold was higher up on the shaft? Now that the manifold puts them closer to the floor you may need a wider spray patterns (110).............

also you should still be able to adjust the jet height with that manifold ....point the "arms" up more and then adjust the elbows that hold the jets to account for the new angle

if the manifold is topped out and you have wide jets I'd start looking elsewhere for whats causing that............since its pretty even i would assume reduced flow if the jets are eliminated as the cause....like a clogged inline filter/screen?....

that said...I am 100% convinced that the bentley steaks no matter what..........but not THAT bad

Bob Foster

I have the new manifold too and i don't have the same problem. Also I was able to tighten mine up and they haven't moved in two weeks.

MMcloseup4.jpg

MMcloseup2.jpg

MM1.jpg

Bob Foster

Marty said:
The condition of that hose reel is pitiful.

And that wand ain't much better.

Was that taken inside a Texas made rig?

Yes it is Marty. Truck is trashed out from lots of work recently. That wand has also seen a lot of carpet. The reel will be lifted off and painted with a hammer tone paint that matches the TM. (maybe. The new truck will likely get all new equipment.)

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
wrong jets and too high PSI

Hey Cobby, are you still selling the wand with that jumbled spaghetti tree of brass fittings?? :shock:

I changed the manifold on mine .
Got the same one as Joeball
(BTW, Thanks for sending it, John)

It's still a jet pile distorting wand at 450 psi and up.
300-350 psi is better

..L.T.A.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Bob Foster said:
I have the new manifold too and i don't have the same problem. Also I was able to tighten mine up and they (the jets) haven't moved in two weeks.

Wow!
Is that a compliment Bob?
I have to admit that you really don't ask for too much.

I've had a hydrahoe, a PC titanium and a greenhorn and never had to deal with the jets moving well.........ever.
Do you really like tweaking things that often.

Once or twice I understand. More than that you'd better read them their Miranda rights!

Bob Foster

I figured out all by my little old self without bringing a lot of drama and rage at Mytee the super complicated task of using a couple of wrenches to tight the manifold up. If it hasn't loosened after 2 weeks of steady use it probably won't loosen up again too soon.

And although I don't throw the wand around you can clearly see it has seen a lot of use. Based on the feedback many people have given Mytee is aware of a slight change that would improve the manifold.

It's a very good wand that they have stood behind 110%.

Bob Foster

Basically a new wand? If they do I hope they keep the head profile low as that is one of its many advantages over other wands.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Bob;

I think the 14" Bentley is a top cleaning wand.

In side-by-side testing . . .

it easily outcleans a 14" CMP tricked out with angled-jets and GG.

If somebody would bring by a 14" Ti, I would like to see the showdown.

Larry

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
joeynbgky said:
Thanks larry. Here is a pic of my manifold before I put it on.. its different than yours. I have adjusted this thing a lot with no success
IMG_20110311_225725.jpg

should have bought a shear kit from Joe Bristor. At least his looks professional.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
vincent said:
should have bought a shear kit from Joe Bristor. At least his looks professional.

I have bought a shear kit from Joe.

Construction is not as strong.

For anybody who is having difficulty with the SS manifold:

Take OFF the teflon tape from the connection you want to stay in place.

Larry

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Strangely looks like my castex wand with it's 20 year old perfected angled jets.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom