PICS of Shop outside

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Here are some pics of my outside shop. What ya think? I just got new carpet put into my waiting area today and some new waiting chairs. Still have to do some rearanging of furniture and pictures... Dont have pics of inside yet but it's 2300 sq feet with two 2 car garage bay doors
The building is older.

HPIM0511.jpg

HPIM0512.jpg

HPIM0513.jpg

HPIM0514.jpg

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
LOL my machines crooked. Its only a $1.00 for a 20 oz. lol People actually pull up to get some, then some come in and schedule an appointment!

Sell Miller and Bud and you'll make more money but your workers will be really slow in the afternoon.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
looks great, however I don't like the 3 rooms and hall price, too cheap, if you figure what its costing you, the true cost of doing the job, at the end of the day you are working for nothing.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Well, the 3 rooms for 85 is only for 450 sq feet, does not include deodorizer, or spot treatment. Or furniture moving. We have 29 carpet cleaners here with a population of like 60,000. The competition is a make it or die thing., We do good sales. Rent is only $550.00 A month. I have 2 electric meters it runs about 200 a month for both.

My insurance agent owns the building so i got a good deal!

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
joeynbgky said:
Well, the 3 rooms for 85 is only for 450 sq feet, does not include deodorizer, or spot treatment. Or furniture moving. We have 29 carpet cleaners here with a population of like 60,000. The competition is a make it or die thing., We do good sales. Rent is only $550.00 A month. I have 2 electric meters it runs about 200 a month for both.

Nice

steve g

Name
steve garrett
joeynbgky said:

a couple thoughts, if you work from home its more money in your pocket, if the building gets you any work than maybe it pays for itself, 150 sq foot rooms are pretty small, if the the price doesn't include your normal cleaning procedures and basic spotting, ie using prespray and some POG here or there, IMO that is bait and switch or at least walking on the gray area of it. I don't think you should look at there being a lot of competition as a bad thing, instead look at it as creating awareness for the service. don't let the competition determine your price, if you live by price you die by it too. just my opinion for what its worth.

I agree with Steve. Why bottom feed? Joey call Ben Surdi and he will show you how to average 800 per job. He even has a consulting business but he comes here for advice. Go figure. Your business model is fine if you don't mind the fact that you are cleaning for mostly one time customers that will not stay loyal to you and jump ship when a better deal comes along. Infact when you upsell to get the invoice where it should be in the first place your customers are going to realize this 85 dollar deal was no deal at all. Then someone like myself can come in and sell quality at double the price, educate them, and give them the job they really want without the hassel and then they will stay loyal. IMO everyone needs to be burned at least once to really appreciate good honest professional service.

Ryan

Don't you just love broke dick O/O's telliing someone with a real business how to be sucesssful? Wth is wrong with bottom feeding if your bottom line is good.

Whales eat plankton, not lobster.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
first of all im not a bait and switch. I use to include everything with that price... We prespray the entire carpet and do our best job on any job. I dont work from home because i have cleaning girls, and i got tired of them coming in and out of my house for supplies and such. I may have a lower price than you, I would love to raise my prices, its not possible here. Untill your here and understand, you wont. I make good money on my carpet cleaning. Probably more than alot of you do, I have alot of volume.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Did I mention 75% of all my jobs are repeat customers! the get a ten percent discount on the regular price and know that the special was a one time deal. Besides not all customers see this special only about 20 percent, phone book doesnt have prices. So My prices are different. I have just been testing different prices in different advertising places.. make sense?

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Don't listen to idiots, charge what works for you as long as it does. My 3 room price is 79.99 and I have over 52,000 sq ft just in one of my facilities and I assure we are not bottom feeding, nor losing money at that price.

Joey don't take what people say on here serious. You have to do what you feel is best. Your business model and prices etc will change over time. Most people on here did not start out high. I started at 3 and a hall for 49.95. I like your space and agree you need it. And yes you can get higher prices. You just don't know how to market yourself.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Yep, everybody on the boards is successful and anybody who cleans below 50 cents a sf is scum.

This place is getting to be more like ICS every day.

By the way, I hope you have a place for your vans in that building. I don't in mine and it drives me crazy.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
I do have a place for my vans i have two 2 car garage doors separate.. They are regular residential doors. So the vans just barely make the clearance. But they fit just fine

hogjowl

Idiot™
Well, at least they fit. Sure will be nice in the winter to have those things inside. Congratulations man, it looks like your getting into the big time. Call me sometime, on your dime, and tell me you secrets.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
joeynbgky said:
LOL my machines crooked. Its only a $1.00 for a 20 oz. lol People actually pull up to get some, then some come in and schedule an appointment!

i'll talk to my wife i have a few other places to call, i think wal-mart has it for .93 cents can you match their price?

rhyde

Name
rhyde
Ken Snow said:
Don't listen to idiots, charge what works for you as long as it does. My 3 room price is 79.99 and I have over 52,000 sq ft just in one of my facilities and I assure we are not bottom feeding, nor losing money at that price.

go get'em Ken ...eye of the tiger !

steve g

Name
steve garrett
don't mistake what I said as putting you down, quite the opposite, I wanna see you do well. everytime I have raised my prices I have never gotten a complaint. sometimes there is a perceived value in things, for example a Mercedes isn't the most reliable of cars or even the best car, but they still sell because they are expensive and merely in that people see the value in it. don't let your competition define you, we have broke dicks that will clean 5 rooms for 39.95. if you market yourself to the price shopper crowd keep in mind those are the least loyal of customers, the further away from those folks you get the more loyalty you will get, it sounds like you are already doing great work, great work is worth something and people will pay for it. I am not saying charge .50/ft but I think you should be about 40% higher than what you are charging. I also don't like everything not being included, if its a specialty deodorizer thats one thing, if needs heat transfer for cool aid stain thats one thing. a regular cleaning job should include at minimum basic spotting, like POG or a little sodium percarbonate for pet stains mixed with the prespray. nice shop, and I hope you do well.

on edti: a carpet cleaner that really knows his stuff does not grown on trees. its taken me years to know what I know and I still learn more. this is worth alot if you ask me.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Thanks, like i said we dont always include those things for that price, but i probably only get1 or 2 of those calls a month. My usual charge is .40 a sq foot with all spot and stain removal incuded, deodorizer. and furniture moving. I'm out growing this space already. I went from a 700 sq foot $350 a month office space to this and I need more room. Air duct cleaning is kicking ass. But I hate it lol

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
:!: good going joey! nice looking and will set you apart from the other 20 something cc in your area. when it comes to your biz do what you do and keep growing. there will always be haters, if there are not any haters, you are probably not doing good.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
your right! some haters dont have employees and do all the work themselves. Hmm I don't If i can afford employees, im doing good. I have people if i needed to dual wand, I dont have to ask my brother to help me to do a banquet hall . LOL :lol: haha

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom